Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents
Follow instructions below, or
watch instructional video.
To get started, please go to:
- Click on "Open an Account Now" *
- It's free to create an account
Enter a username / email address to use as your username (If paying with PayPal, this email address must match your PayPal
username / email address.)
Create a password you wish to use
Enter a contact email address if different from your
username email address above.
Enter your first name
Hit "signup" button.
- A login screen will come up
- Logon using the info you just input above
- Choose a service and length of subscription from the menu list shown, and click continue
- Choose PayPal or fill out credit card info (the credit card option is below PayPal)
* - If you create an account and it says that the account already exists, you either hit submit more than once, or you may have already created an account at an earlier time. Simply go to the login screen and sign in.
- Opening an account is free but does not give you access to any services (except for any free trials.) Once you have an account, you can login and then subscribe to one or more of the Premium Service.
Back to Top
Choosing a service is a personal decision. Everyone has different financial goals, retirement target dates, comfort levels when it comes to risk, etc. Some services have a more aggressive trading approach than others. Some are more active than others meaning they will make more interfund transfers. Some will move all of their money into one fund or the other, while others spread their money a little more.
If you are unsure, you might want to check out the service descriptions on www.tsptalk.com/premiums.html and pick one that appeals to you.
It might be wise to choose a month to month subscription before committing to an
annual subscription. Then, once you find one you like, you can take advantage of the annual subscription discounts.
Just contact us to let us know
you want to switch.
We accept payments via credit cards and PayPal.
We will also accept checks in some circumstances, for pre-paid annual subscriptions. Please contact us if you choose this option.
- If you paid by credit card and you are getting a message that your username or password is incorrect, it’s possible your credit card was declined for one reason or another. You may have entered your number incorrectly, etc.
The monthly subscriptions do renew automatically, until you cancel.
Annual subscriptions do not renew automatically. We will send out an email when your subscriptions is nearing expiration.
If you reached this step, I will assume that you have already created an account. If that is the case, it could be a number of things.
Here are a couple of reasons / solutions if you are having trouble getting started.
- If you believe you signed up correctly and can’t login, or you have been logged in before and now you can’t seem to get in (perhaps you are seeing a refreshing login page), try this:
Add TSP Talk to trusted sites list:
In Internet Explorer, go to:
> Internet options
> privacy tab
http://www.tsptalk.com/members to the allowed sites list (notice the "s" in https)
Cookies must be enabled on your PC
How to Enable a Cookie on a Computer
Cookies are small computer codes generated by web servers and deposited on clients’ computers as they surf the Internet. Cookies allow web designers to customize web content for individual users.
- Configuring Microsoft Internet Explorer to accept cookies:
Open Microsoft Internet Explorer. Go to "Tools" and click on "Internet
Click "Privacy," and drag the slider downwards until it says "Allow all cookies." Click "OK" or "Apply,"
depending on your version. Close your Microsoft Explorer browser.
- Configuring Mozilla Firefox to accept cookies:
Open Mozilla Firefox web browser,
and go to "Tools." Click on "Privacy." Click "Allow sites to set cookies" on
Click Accept third party cookies checkbox. Select Keep until they expire from
the dropdown list. Click Ok. Close your Mozilla Firefox browser.
First thing for PayPal subscribers: It is important that your username / email
address login to the Premium Services area matches your PayPal email address,
otherwise when PayPal sends us a payment, our system can not match the payment
to an account.
- If paying by PayPal, we are still seeing some members not completing the transaction. After you pay using PayPal… On the final page of the PayPal process, please click the "Return to Vendor Website" button. This will complete the transaction and ensure proper payment credit.
- It could also be because you used the "back" button before the process was complete.
- If you received a confirmation from PayPal that your Payment was made but you still can’t login, email us, as we’ll have to manually update your account. Please include your PayPal email address.
Here's what to do if you paid but don't have access:
send an email to us
(use the support at tsptalk. com).
- I need to know the login name you used (usually an email address)
- Tell me which service you tried to sign up for
- Was it for a monthly or annual service
- Tell me if you used the PayPal or credit card option
- If you used a credit card, give me the last name on that card (do not send us your card number)
Back to Top
Just because you have signed up for a Premium Service, does not automatically
mean you are on the email alert list. The email alerts are opt in so you
have to sign up for them separately.
Intrepid Timer's Service does not use this method, but all other subscribers, please go to www.tsptalk.com/email_alerts.html and enter your email address in the form. It will ask you which list you would like to be on. Choose any and all services you wish.
The email alerts are free, but they don't contain any premium service information. They will just alert you that.
Intrepid Timer's subscribers will have email alerts sent to the email address
associated with your Premium Service account.
More FAQ on email alerts
The Premium Services area of the TSP Talk Forums has
been set up for paying subscribers to discuss the premium services and
systems. To gain access to them, you must be a member of the Forum and a current paying subscriber to one of the premium services.
To become a member of the Forum, please
If you are already a member of the
forums and a premium service member, access should be automatic* if all
went well in the subscription sign up process . If you don't have access within 24 hours of
send me (tsptalk) a
PM and he'll grant you access manually.
* Your Premium Service username should
match your forum username for the automatic access to work. If you would
like to update your information in the premium service area go to:
Please be aware that talking about specific Premium Service information (allocations, etc.) in the public area of the forum is not acceptable and may get you banned from the message board.
You can cancel by going into the members' area and click on the "Edit Subscriber Status / Profile" link in the menu. For best results, always send us a confirmation email with your login name requesting cancellation, and we will manually cancel for you.
If you are using PayPal, be sure to go to www.paypal.com and cancel your subscription there as well. Refunds are only available for annual subscriptions which are cancelled within the first 30-days. Month to month subscriptions are not eligible for refunds. See more on the cancellation policy here.
If you have any other question feel free to
20min. delay http://finance.yahoo.com
TSP Talk is in no way affiliated with the
U.S. government, or military TSP Thrift Savings Plan, tsp.gov, or any other government
agency. TSP Talk does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this report, nor does
TSPtalk.com assume any liability for any loss that may result from reliance
by any person upon any such information or opinions. Such information and
opinions are subject to change without notice and are for general information
The information contained on this website is for educational purposes only and not intended to be recommendations, and may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without prior written consent from TSPtalk.com. Full Disclaimer
Copyright © 2003 - 2014
Buy Low Sell High, Inc.
TSPtalk.com® is a trademark of Buy Low Sell High, Inc.
All Rights Reservedd
Buy Low Sell High, Inc., P.O. Box 13213, Ogden UT 84412