Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic's Account Talk

Default Re: Epic's Account Talk

Sicky pants on and a fresh pair of depends just in case. Seatbelt tightened and lap bar down and secured.

rollercoaster.jpg
    May the force be with us.

It's spring and the markets do well?
    D
    2 IFT's! That's it, Be cautious & WISE!

Good Morning...... So we fell back for this month -.125% in G to 4.250%, but that still enough to net me more than enough a month and do it completely STRESS FREE.
    Once you leave your career in Federal Service, it changes the game a bit. You make decisions more based on self preservation. That's why I can't emphasize enough that while your still working, do whatever it takes to MAX OUT your TSP. Contribute as much as possible till it hurts. In the end, when it's all said & done, you can sit back, relax, and be very happy with what you've accomplished. Works for me........
    What is the current TSP G Fund interest rate?

4-1-24G.PNGSOff.PNG
    I'm not much to bitch about stuff, but I really, really miss the AMERICA that I grew up in.

Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ

Has been higher and lower. Low 0.97% in 2020. More:
    2002 5.00% 2001 5.39% 2000 6.42% 1999 5.99% 1998 5.74% 1997 6.77% 1996 6.76% 1995 7.03% 1994 7.22% 1993 6.14% 1992 7.23% 1991 8.15% 1990 8.90% 1989 8.81% 1988 8.81%

Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    Good Morning...... So we fell back for this month -.125% in G to 4.250%, but that still enough to net me more than enough a month and do it completely STRESS FREE.
    Just so everyone's on the same page here, you're saying the G-fund's 12-month annualized return is 4.25%. It paid 0.38% in March, right? Just checking.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Just so everyone's on the same page here, you're saying the G-fund's 12-month annualized return is 4.25%. It paid 0.38% in March, right? Just checking.

I'm not saying anything...... LOL
    . (deny, deny, deny....)
    I'm simply offering the information from the link provided >>> What is the current TSP G Fund interest rate? so that others like myself who currently hang out in G-Fund know what the current rate is overall from month to month. I would imagine you are correct in the true monthly dividend that G-Fund actually pays for that monthly timeframe. I've just never mathematically broken it down to that level.
    What I AM saying to anyone who wants advice and or insight from real life experience is that if you stay focused and sacrifice (even just a little) in order to put as much as you possibly can into your TSP, it will pay off.
    My Gov. pay was "middle of the road" at best. It was never on the high end of things like others around me, but that just motivated me more.
    Right now, sitting in G-Fund with the current rate, I'm pulling in 5K a month in complete safety. If I can do it, anyone here can do it too.
    I hope this inspires others out there to push hard and do well, even in these crazy times we're in at the moment. Best of luck to everyone
    I'm not much to bitch about stuff, but I really, really miss the AMERICA that I grew up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    I'm pulling in 5K a month in complete safety.
    I think you did pretty good in your working years.
    In Dog Beers I've only had two.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkFE View Post
    I think you did pretty good in your working years.
    I concur. Well done!
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Thank you guys very much. I appreciate the kind words. Makes me smile......

Just an FYI from today >>>>>> Powell: Fed still sees rate cuts this year; election timing won'''t affect decision | AP News

Powell: Fed still sees rate cuts this year; election timing won’t affect decision.
    “The recent data do not ... materially change the overall picture,” Powell said in a speech at Stanford University, “which continues to be one of solid growth, a strong but rebalancing labor market, and inflation moving down toward 2% on a sometimes bumpy path.”

So yesterday's close was rather ugly......

4-4-24.PNG

....and for whatever reason, there may be a pattern developing, with a headline from April 2nd saying:
    Dow falls nearly 400 points to continue second quarter’s weak start https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/02/investing/dow-falls-q2/index.html

....and another headline from yesterday (April 4th) saying:
    Markets News, April 4, 2024: Dow Drops 500 Points as Oil Surges to 5-Month High https://www.investopedia.com/dow-jones-today-04042024-8624640

SO..... I'm wondering if this is the start of that draw down or "Air Pocket" that Tom Lee has been anticipating in Stocks, where he believes there will be a 7 to 10% Drop overall??
    It may be lagging a bit (he was predicting it by end of March), but he's been saying that once that occurs, it may be an opportune time to invest in Small Caps for what he still believes to be potentially a 30 to 50% gain for the year.

Could this be what we're seeing??????

What's interesting is that each chart looks very similar.
    May the force be with us.

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast