Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,909 to 1,920 of 1946

Thread: Tsunami's Account Talk

Default Re: Tsunami's Account Talk

Well, I finally pulled the plug today and moved to G, and tomorrow I plan to complete the rollover to my new traditional IRA account at TD Ameritrade.
    I was waiting for this months monthly withdrawal to happen (today), and also trying to wait until the market finally finishes this rally, but it's just dragging on forever and the seasonality turns negative after today.
    So, goodbye TSP, a 31-year marriage ending in divorce LOL...I won't miss you.

I'll be around and keep posting on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    I'll be around and keep posting on occasion.
    Thanks for sticking around! I'll be curious to know how you approach the IRA.

I seem to have had the most success in my IRA when I stick with index ETF's rather than individual stocks.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Thanks for sticking around! I'll be curious to know how you approach the IRA.

I seem to have had the most success in my IRA when I stick with index ETF's rather than individual stocks.
    I plan to put most of it in the same portfolio of high dividend stocks that I have in my Roth IRA.
    That's a big collection of 44 different types of stocks selected from Rida Morwa's High Dividends Opportunities service on SeekingAlpha.com, which I really really love.
    They do a fantastic job at deep diving into the universe of high paying dividend stuff, including various types of REITs, business development companies, preferred stocks, "baby" bonds, closed-end funds and more, stuff I knew little about until I subscribed. They stay on top of them for you, so if any company is getting into trouble they issue a sell before most of the world finds out, and they have a mix of stuff that does well in both rising and falling-rates environments.
    I bought most of my Roth IRA stocks in October, so got great prices and the overall yield of the portfolio is 10.67% if I don't touch it, not including the "special" dividends that a bunch of them pay at the end of each year, so I'll make over 11% this year, tax free since it's a Roth. Some of them have already raised their dividends since I bought them.
    For the new traditional IRA (my TSP has no Roth component), if I bought them all today I'd have a yield of about 9.6%, way more than my annual goal of 7% gains, and without the stress of worrying about the market's ups and downs. It takes some time getting used to the idea that the price of the stock is irrelevant once you buy it...though when they get really overpriced Rida sometimes issues sells just for that reason alone, and there are plenty of others to choose from in his universe of over 100 equities. Rida's rule of thumb is to take 25% of your dividends and plow them back into more shares, and my account is just the right size for me to be able to do that. That way I can keep growing the dividends each year, faster than the inflation rate hopefully.

The service isn't cheap, I'm locked in at $510/year for life, but since I'm putting it to full use, it's totally worth it for me. I believe now they charge $550/year for the full service, with the first year being cheaper, and they give a 2-week free trial as well.
    For my new IRA I have 50 equities picked out, which I'm hoping to buy after a coming pullback in the market into March/April....yes 50 is a lot, but you don't buy/sell them, just hold them and rake in dividends like crazy, and per Rida's "Rule of 42" his belief is 42 or more is the right number to own...plus there are so many types, and so many great things to buy, you'll just want to add more and more.

Great info, thanks!
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

I'm not sure if the negative reviews are mainly due to the Covid collapse, but there are quite a few negative reviews, at the bottom of this page: https://seekingalpha.com/checkout?service_id=mp_1006

I plan to put most of it in the same portfolio of high dividend stocks that I have in my Roth IRA.
    That's a big collection of 44 different types of stocks selected from Rida Morwa's High Dividends Opportunities service on SeekingAlpha.com, which I really really love.
    They do a fantastic job at deep diving into the universe of high paying dividend stuff, including various types of REITs, business development companies, preferred stocks, "baby" bonds, closed-end funds and more, stuff I knew little about until I subscribed. They stay on top of them for you, so if any company is getting into trouble they issue a sell before most of the world finds out, and they have a mix of stuff that does well in both rising and falling-rates environments.
    I bought most of my Roth IRA stocks in October, so got great prices and the overall yield of the portfolio is 10.67% if I don't touch it, not including the "special" dividends that a bunch of them pay at the end of each year, so I'll make over 11% this year, tax free since it's a Roth. Some of them have already raised their dividends since I bought them.
    For the new traditional IRA (my TSP has no Roth component), if I bought them all today I'd have a yield of about 9.6%, way more than my annual goal of 7% gains, and without the stress of worrying about the market's ups and downs. It takes some time getting used to the idea that the price of the stock is irrelevant once you buy it...though when they get really overpriced Rida sometimes issues sells just for that reason alone, and there are plenty of others to choose from in his universe of over 100 equities. Rida's rule of thumb is to take 25% of your dividends and plow them back into more shares, and my account is just the right size for me to be able to do that. That way I can keep growing the dividends each year, faster than the inflation rate hopefully.

The service isn't cheap, I'm locked in at $510/year for life, but since I'm putting it to full use, it's totally worth it for me. I believe now they charge $550/year for the full service, with the first year being cheaper, and they give a 2-week free trial as well.
    For my new IRA I have 50 equities picked out, which I'm hoping to buy after a coming pullback in the market into March/April....yes 50 is a lot, but you don't buy/sell them, just hold them and rake in dividends like crazy, and per Rida's "Rule of 42" his belief is 42 or more is the right number to own...plus there are so many types, and so many great things to buy, you'll just want to add more and more.
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Retired on November 30, 2023 with 30+ years of service.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherweenie View Post
    I'm not sure if the negative reviews are mainly due to the Covid collapse, but there are quite a few negative reviews, at the bottom of this page: https://seekingalpha.com/checkout?service_id=mp_1006
    The very few negative reviews are from people that just don't understand the income method. It's not a growth stock picking strategy!
    I wouldn't want to just blindly hold everything through a crash though. The preferred stocks and baby bonds can be held, but I'll sell the other types of holdings and instead just hold something like SVWXX, or even short the market with SH.

Today's market drop will be bought one more time, I think...still should touch 4200 this month...I think...don't much care though since I'm in G.

A status update on my rollover to an IRA...to sum it up, argh...
    I called this morning to ask about the timing of doing it today and if it could affect my monthly installment payment.
    I was told to be safe, since the payment was still in "pending" status, I should wait another day.
    They also said that the check wouldn't be sent until the next business day after I do it, if all goes well.
    Well, that would mean the check won't go out until next Tuesday, but since I will have requested the rollover tonight or tomorrow, it will be based on the balance after I get today's G fund money, which is about $72/day for my current balance.
    So that would mean I'd be cheated out of the $72/day for Friday...Saturday...Sunday...and the holiday Monday!...that's $278...argh.
    Not acceptable, that's a bunch of pina colada's...so I'll wait until next Wednesday morning to do it, after all that G fund money is finally in my account.
    Man I'll be glad to be rid of the TSP.
    This all means that my new IRA won't get funded until I'm somewhere in the Caribbean...

Great stuff from Cem Karsan. If the market doesn't collapse over the next few days, looks for FOMO to take over. If it does, blame Carl Icahn LOL...
    https://twitter.com/TDANetwork/statu...41991393570816

Blog Entries

A status update on my rollover to an IRA...to sum it up, argh...
    I called this morning to ask about the timing of doing it today and if it could affect my monthly installment payment.
    I was told to be safe, since the payment was still in "pending" status, I should wait another day.
    They also said that the check wouldn't be sent until the next business day after I do it, if all goes well.
    Well, that would mean the check won't go out until next Tuesday, but since I will have requested the rollover tonight or tomorrow, it will be based on the balance after I get today's G fund money, which is about $72/day for my current balance.
    So that would mean I'd be cheated out of the $72/day for Friday...Saturday...Sunday...and the holiday Monday!...that's $278...argh.
    Not acceptable, that's a bunch of pina colada's...so I'll wait until next Wednesday morning to do it, after all that G fund money is finally in my account.
    Man I'll be glad to be rid of the TSP.
    This all means that my new IRA won't get funded until I'm somewhere in the Caribbean...

Great stuff from Cem Karsan. If the market doesn't collapse over the next few days, looks for FOMO to take over. If it does, blame Carl Icahn LOL...
    https://twitter.com/TDANetwork/statu...41991393570816
    Thanks for the update, I had my own issues as well. I submitted a full withdrawal on Sunday 12-Feb. I had planned to do a partial withdrawal, so the funds could be disbursed into 2 IRA accounts. Problem was I couldn't do a partial withdrawal without them withholding 20% taxes. I changed my tax bracket setting, but still had issues. I must say they have this website setup shady, as if attempting to scare you away from rolling out your money.

Either ways it's done, now I pray and hope, a paper check doesn't get lost and/or my broker doesn't screw anything up....

I sure hope by the time I retire and have to move my funds they get all these issues worked out. At this rate I'll be working until I'm 80 and by then I'm sure they will create a new and better web site ROFL.

I wish you the best! Hope it all works out for you, hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by LTJPFED View Post
    At this rate I'll be working until I'm 80 and by then I'm sure they will create a new and better web site ROFL.
    While I certainly have no intentions of doing it, if I worked until I was 80 I most likely would not need my TSP.
    1. I would be to old to enjoy it.
    2. My GS retirement would be insane, current inflation not withstanding.
    In Dog Beers I've only had two.

I'm fortunate that I haven't had to tap into my TSP. Hopefully when I roll my TSP into my 401k next year it won't be like pulling teeth without anesthesia.
    May the force be with us.

I submitted my TSP full withdrawal today...my wife has "acknowledged" it in DocuSign...so now I just wait for the check to be mailed out (should be tomorrow) and get to the brokerage.

I'm free!

Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast