Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink

  1. #1

    Default Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink

    If we didn't have a 2 IFT limit, today might be a good day to 'nibble' in the stock funds if you have been on the sidelines during this recent sell-off.

    I'm not talking going 100% C, S, or I and I'm not even saying go 50% stocks (although those could be debatable in another thread) - but a nibble of about 10% or so might be smart here "IF" we had a few more IFT's to work with.... But we don't and we can't use a transfer trivially like that. We are more forced to try to pick a bottom and use our precious IFT's wisely.

    The TSP might say you should not try to pick a bottom but rather stay the investment course. But I would guess some of them are feeling a little queasy this morning, this month, and this summer.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,725
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink

    I bet most, if not all, of their money isn't even in the TSP. They aren't a government entity right?

  4.  
  5. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11,725
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid_Timer View Post
    I bet most, if not all, of their money isn't even in the TSP. They aren't a government entity right?
    Guess they are. I must have been thinking of the fund manager, BlackRock.

    "The FRTIB is an independent Government agency that is managed by five presidentially appointed board members and an Executive Director who are required by law to manage the TSP prudently and solely in the interest of the participants and their beneficiaries.
    The FRTIB also consults with the Employee Thrift Advisory Council (ETAC), a statutorily created Advisory Committee comprising representatives of employee organizations, unions, and the uniformed services. The Council provides advice to the Board and the Executive Director on matters relating to the investment policies and administration of the TSP."

  6.  
  7. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    6,810

    Default Re: Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink

    But they are saving everyone money by having the IFT limit, right?
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Expected retirement date: November 2023

  8.  
  9. #5

    Default Re: Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink

    Quote Originally Posted by weatherweenie View Post
    But they are saving everyone money by having the IFT limit, right?
    Most indubentily my good man. Wait that's only in a WB cartoon..buhdee buh dee buh dee.
    I like TSPTalk and I think most people here are well-intentioned but if I followed their advice, I'd be hunkered down in my basement with a thousand cans of tuna fish.

  10.  
  11. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    6,312

    Default Re: Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid_Timer View Post
    Guess they are. I must have been thinking of the fund manager, BlackRock.

    "The FRTIB is an independent Government agency that is managed by five presidentially appointed board members and an Executive Director who are required by law to manage the TSP prudently and solely in the interest of the participants and their beneficiaries.
    The FRTIB also consults with the Employee Thrift Advisory Council (ETAC), a statutorily created Advisory Committee comprising representatives of employee organizations, unions, and the uniformed services. The Council provides advice to the Board and the Executive Director on matters relating to the investment policies and administration of the TSP."
    Maybe you can Tweet Obama to fix our IFT limit. I am sure it will get fixed. After all, he is known for having his priorities backwards.

  12.  
  13. #7

    Default Re: Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink

    Quote Originally Posted by jpcavin View Post
    Maybe you can Tweet Obama to fix our IFT limit. I am sure it will get fixed. After all, he is known for having his priorities backwards.
    I think we would be more likely to get help from Tweety Bird...meaning fagetabouit!
    I like TSPTalk and I think most people here are well-intentioned but if I followed their advice, I'd be hunkered down in my basement with a thousand cans of tuna fish.

  14.  

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
Reason #16 Why the IFT Limits Stink
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes