Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07

  1. #1

    Default Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07

    Long-term Inactive Account:

    Effective 8/03/06 (COB 8/02/07) this account will be:

    35% C, 35% S and 30% I fund.

    We will make a rare move in our long-term less active account. We are seeing some signs that the worst may be over as many of the smart money indicators are starting to flash intermediate-term buy signals.


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    6,650

    Default Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07

    Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Effective 8/03/06 (COB 8/02/07) this account will be:

    35% C, 35% S and 30% I fund.

    We will make a rare move in our long-term less active account. We are seeing some signs that the worst may be over as many of the smart money indicators are starting to flash intermediate-term buy signals.
    I've toyed around with the idea of going with this allotment for the rest of the year.

    Then I realize I'm fooling myself if I think I can keep from messing with the market.
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Expected retirement date: November 2023

  4.  
  5. #3

    Default Re: Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07

    Quote Originally Posted by weatherweenie View Post
    I've toyed around with the idea of going with this allotment for the rest of the year.

    Then I realize I'm fooling myself if I think I can keep from messing with the market.
    Yeah, I can foresee this staying in this allocation through the end of the year. That's the nature of a buy and hold account.

    But I'm with you. I can't sit by and let things play out. I have to get my hands dirty. Probably not good for my account, my sleep, or my sanity, but it's what I do. Maybe I just need another hobby.

  6.  
  7. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Billings, Montana
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07

    Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Yeah, I can foresee this staying in this allocation through the end of the year. That's the nature of a buy and hold account.

    But I'm with you. I can't sit by and let things play out. I have to get my hands dirty. Probably not good for my account, my sleep, or my sanity, but it's what I do. Maybe I just need another hobby.
    I told an economist I work with that I time the market as a hobby. He said I would be better off switching to a buy and hold account and taking up a new hobby like taking a small to medium bag of currency each month and feeding the bills into the barbecue on my deck instead of timing the market.

  8.  
  9. #5

    Default Re: Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
    He said I would be better off switching to a buy and hold account and taking up a new hobby like taking a small to medium bag of currency each month and feeding the bills into the barbecue on my deck instead of timing the market.
    My other hobby is poker so maybe the barbaque thing will be less expensive too.

  10.  

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
AGG (F Fund) (delayed)
Interfund Transfer 8/02 for 8/03/07
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes