Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 219

Thread: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

  1. #1

    Default TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    TSP Talk Mug Shots

    ----------------------------------------------------------------

    I don't have a tsptalk coffee cup yet. But i plan to whine and cry or else pay a princely sum until i do.

    Then i'm going to take it everywhere i go and snap photos of it having a good time.

    Do you have a tsptalk coffee mug (or other logo'd gear)?

    Post pics here. Or else post them in the media thread where they belong. But tell the story here.

    Oooh, goody goody, this is going to be so much fun.
    Last edited by tsptalk; 08-07-2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: link added
    100g


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,049

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Burro,

    You are really grinding for that coffee cup.

    Like you, I will never buy it - I want to earn it. That is only one way to really get one. Always seem to come up short - maybe I'll start market timing events like this past Friday.

    More likely, I'll be partly in and move all in early enough to catch a wave the true market timers don't have confidence in. I should be in range at least once in the next decade or so.
    Lookin' up at the 'G Fund'!!!

  4.  
  5. #3

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    I don't have a tsptalk coffee cup yet. But i plan to whine and cry or else pay a princely sum until i do.

    Then i'm going to take it everywhere i go and snap photos of it having a good time.

    Do you have a tsptalk coffee mug (or other logo'd gear)?

    Post pics here. Or else post them in the media thread where they belong. But tell the story here.

    Oooh, goody goody, this is going to be so much fun.
    I earned a coffee mug earlier this year, but I've bought a couple as well. Tom charges a fair price for them and they last a long time, as long as someone doesn't steal it like they did one of mine.
    God bless the United States of America!

  6.  
  7. #4

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_La_Migra View Post
    I earned a coffee mug earlier this year, but I've bought a couple as well. Tom charges a fair price for them and they last a long time, as long as someone doesn't steal it like they did one of mine.
    Wha? You got more than one cup? No wonder somebody stole it.

    I usually leave mine (non-tsp) on a fencepost opening a gate or climbing through wire and then after i get thirsty remember exactly where but by then it would cost more time than the coffee was worth to retrieve and it's never still there when i get down that road again. Time is taxpayer money you know.

    So where's the pics?
    100g

  8.  
  9. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    1,457

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    All right, burro. I'll kick this thing off for ya. I won my mug in March 2011. Here's two shots of it in beautiful Okinawa, Japan.

    First, with the Shisa (lion dog) statue at the entrance to my estate:

    SH3H00360001.jpg

    ...and now at Cape Maeda, where I went snorkeling today.

    SH3H00400001.jpg

    Happy 4th of July!

  10.  
  11. #6

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    All right, burro. I'll kick this thing off for ya. I won my mug in March 2011. Here's two shots of it in beautiful Okinawa, Japan.

    First, with the Shisa (lion dog) statue at the entrance to my estate:

    SH3H00360001.jpg

    ...and now at Cape Maeda, where I went snorkeling today.

    SH3H00400001.jpg

    Happy 4th of July!
    Suh weet. That's like an island paradise over there it looks like, and the coffee cup ain't half bad neither.

    I don't have access to either one, yet.

    What's up with the lion entrance? Is that like feng sheui or somthing?

    Nice work man, outstanding.
    100g

  12.  
  13. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    1,457

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    Suh weet. That's like an island paradise over there it looks like, and the coffee cup ain't half bad neither.

    I don't have access to either one, yet.

    What's up with the lion entrance? Is that like feng sheui or somthing?

    Nice work man, outstanding.
    Yeah, it is an island paradise here. Sometimes I grow a mustache and wear a Detroit Tigers hat even though I'm from LA, and I pretend my white minivan is a red Ferrari while I drive around trying to solve crimes. My friends think I'm crazy when I call them names like "TC", "Rick", and "Higgins". But I don't care, as long as "that little voice inside my head" doesn't get me into too much trouble...

    The lions are there to protect from evil entering the home. The Japanese have a lot of superstitions, and the Okinawans even more so. The shisa (shee-saa) actually come from Chinese culture. A lot of Chinese influence here, as Okinawa was the hub of trade between China and Japan back when it was known as the Kingdom of Ryukyu. Anyway, yeah. That's why we have lions...

  14.  
  15. #8

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Out in my neck of the plains folks usually just keep a remington 12 ga pump close to ward off evil at the door. Must be pretty effective because not many evil spirits come to the door round here.

    But i might end up in a less rural place sometime where that activity is frowned on, do they make minature shisas a person could put on a side table just inside an apartment door? And where would i find one?

    Chinatown i suppose, but how will i know which one is right for me?
    100g

  16.  
  17. #9

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    Do you have a tsptalk coffee mug (or other logo'd gear)?

    Post pics here. Or else post them in the media thread where they belong. But tell the story here.
    I absolutely love this idea. I'm sorry that I missed it when it was first posted.

    Let's call it something like, "TSP Talk Mug Shots" - (do you mind if I change the title of this thread, burro?)

    Here's my mug looking out over the Wasatch Front Mountains / Valley:



  18.  
  19. #10

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Let's call it something like, "TSP Talk Mug Shots"
    Your house, your rules. This site rules!

    Strange, i never wanted my mug shot taken until now. How do i get one of those?

    I tried the whole investing prowess thing but then the I fund done run me over. It was close though, i'll just live vicariously for now.
    100g

  20.  
  21. #11

    Default re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    Your house, your rules. This site rules!

    Strange, i never wanted my mug shot taken until now. How do i get one of those?

    I tried the whole investing prowess thing but then the I fund done run me over. It was close though, i'll just live vicariously for now.
    Check under your pillow early next week.

    If not for your 6.92% gain in June, then for this great idea for a thread!

  22.  
  23. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ
    Posts
    2,771

    Default Re: TSP Talk Mug Shots!

    Those are some nice looking cups but the down side is they get all sparkly when heating the morning coffee in the microwave from the weekly pot you make Monday.

    Maybe there is a model with no shiny stuff?

    I usually leave my coffee cups in wiring closets, fiber panels, under raised floors or in vacant cubicles. Along with my notebook and pencil. They eventually get found.

  24.  
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
TSP Talk Mug Shots!
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
TSP Talk Mug Shots!
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
TSP Talk Mug Shots!
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
AGG (F Fund) (delayed)
TSP Talk Mug Shots!
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes