Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16

Thread: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,226
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    Great news!

    My VA Hospital called yesterday to schedule MY APPOINTMENT FOR MY COIVD-19 VACCINE!!!!

    Woo HOO!!!

    I'm scheduled to get my first dose on Monday!

    As an older guy with multiple co-morbidities, I have been hoping for a shot at a shot- but the regular state availability was looking like April or May at the earliest. I am so glad VA is coming through!


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso Texas
    Posts
    10,202

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    They auto texted me too. Set me up for Saturday the 20th. I guess if it didn't take me 15 seconds to reply it would of been earlier.
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

  4.  
  5. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,688

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    I'm scheduled my first shot tomorrow.
    May the force be with us.

  6.  
  7. #4

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    Good deal, glad you got in.

    I was checking my local county vaccine site. Saw where being a smoker moves you up into a higher risk category/tier, or whatever you call it. Maybe it's time to get a carton of Marlboros and move up the line?

    Seriously though, hope it goes well for all of you that are getting it soon. My in-laws, who are around 80, got their first shots last week, so they have about 2 more weeks to go for shot #2. They got the Pfizer one, and no side effects with the 1st shot at this time.

    Serious stuff. Ma-in-laws friend lost her son last Saturday from the virus. Don't know details as far as underlying conditions or his behaviors, but he went into the hospital last Thursday with shortness of breath and he died last Saturday. Two days. Scary..

    Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Great news!

    My VA Hospital called yesterday to schedule MY APPOINTMENT FOR MY COIVD-19 VACCINE!!!!

    Woo HOO!!!

    I'm scheduled to get my first dose on Monday!

    As an older guy with multiple co-morbidities, I have been hoping for a shot at a shot- but the regular state availability was looking like April or May at the earliest. I am so glad VA is coming through!

  8.  
  9. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,688

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    I got my second Covid shot today. It is the Moderna vaccine.
    May the force be with us.

  10.  
  11. #6

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    Just saw this thread...was lucky enough to be a small piece of a very important "essential" machine (Wildfire Team) and got vaccinated in mid January and again mid Feb (Moderna).
    No symptoms 1st shot...other than slightly sore arm, and only symptom with the "dreaded" 2nd shot was a bit of fatigue/tiredness that evening into the next morning...that's it.

    Also signed up for the CDC to contact me briefly by text the next few days on how I was feeling, so that they can get an honest count of how many people get significant side-effects, or how many actually test positive for COVID sometime in the future.
    Its down to once a week that they briefly text me and ask me to rate how I'm feeling, and whether I've tested positive for COVID.
    CURRENTLY 50% G and 50% F (as of COB 04/07/2021) 1st April IFT

  12.  
  13. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    6,821

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    I'm getting my 2nd, Pfizer, shot on Thursday.
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Expected retirement date: November 2023

  14.  
  15. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,688

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    Quote Originally Posted by FireWeatherMet View Post
    Just saw this thread...was lucky enough to be a small piece of a very important "essential" machine (Wildfire Team) and got vaccinated in mid January and again mid Feb (Moderna).
    No symptoms 1st shot...other than slightly sore arm, and only symptom with the "dreaded" 2nd shot was a bit of fatigue/tiredness that evening into the next morning...that's it.

    Also signed up for the CDC to contact me briefly by text the next few days on how I was feeling, so that they can get an honest count of how many people get significant side-effects, or how many actually test positive for COVID sometime in the future.
    Its down to once a week that they briefly text me and ask me to rate how I'm feeling, and whether I've tested positive for COVID.
    My first shot was just a sore arm for a day. The arm is slightly sore now but I got the shot at 2:45pm local time. So maybe I won't feel anything until early tomorrow morning. A friend of mine at work said his second Moderna shot knocked him down for two days. I also signed up for the CDC contact.
    May the force be with us.

  16.  
  17. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    445

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    A couple of weeks ago I signed up for the vaccine, then canceled the next day. However, my wife has gotten both of hers with no side effects worth mentioning.


    Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums
    Scott Harrison
    Senatobia, MS


  18.  
  19. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    45

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nasa1974 View Post
    A friend of mine at work said his second Moderna shot knocked him down for two days.
    That was my experience. Fever, chills, nausea, and headaches began 12 hours after injection and lasted two days.

  20.  
  21. #11

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    My first pfizer shot was just a really sore arm for 2 days,
    2nd shot slightly sore arm for 1 day.
    3 days after 2nd shot I did a swimming workout (pool)
    4 days after the 2nd shot my eyelids/under my eye swelled and have been swollen ever since (2.5 weeks currently)
    Check out the TSP Poker Club stats: https://goo.gl/cUv6Yj
    Come join the fun: http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/the-lounge...oker-club.html

  22.  
  23. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    45

    Default Re: WOO HOO! THEY CALLED!!

    Quote Originally Posted by k0nkuzh0n View Post
    4 days after the 2nd shot my eyelids/under my eye swelled and have been swollen ever since (2.5 weeks currently)
    Have you ruled out seasonal allergies and chlorine/chemicals in the pool water?

  24.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
WOO  HOO!   THEY CALLED!!
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
WOO  HOO!   THEY CALLED!!
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
WOO  HOO!   THEY CALLED!!
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
WOO  HOO!   THEY CALLED!!
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes