Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 46

Thread: Buying a New Truck

  1. #25

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by pamkk View Post
    259,000 miles on my 2007 Ridgeline and still going strong. New tires every 80,000 miles, and 2 timing belts installed by my son every 100,000 miles. A couple batteries and regular oil changes/air filters also, but all in all, very few maiintenance dollars.
    That's AWESOME, Pamkk...Thanks for the feedback !

    We had a surprise "close encounter" with Hurricane Sally, here in NW Florida, but our house sustained no damage ! Lost several privacy fence panels, but our power and internet came back on (relatively) quickly...about 12 hours without power. The portable generator and the little gas I had on hand kept us going !!! Still a lot of people without power, and gas is hard to find. All that put my truck hunting on the back burner for a while...

    Sooo...I've read some disturbing reports about the Ridgeline's declining QA/QC over the years, but a lot of positive reviews, too. Sounds like they hold their value well...

    I guess the mid-size truck segment is HUGELY popular right now...Ford Rangers, Toyota Tacomas, etc...so dealers aren't sweating about selling them...I've had to reach out to dealers 350 miles from me to find one that is the color and has the equipment we want ! I don't like pitting "dealer vs dealer", but that's kinda where I'm at...

    Right now, I have an offer on the table, from a dealer in GA :

    Ridgeline RTL AWD (NOT the FWD or -E model ; too many bells and whistles for me !!!)
    MSRP $39,940
    Dealer offer : $35,744

    Throwing in some bogus inflated accessories and various other taxes and fees, the Out-The-Door price offer is $39,800...no trade-in of my 2004 Tundra...had another GA dealer "beat" that by $100...chump change !!! Waiting on a 3rd GA dealer's "best and final" offer...

    Based on KBB and other on-line sources, I think this is a "fair price", and about the best I can expect to get at this time...

    An interesting aside : The Alabama dealers, who are closer to me, tell me AL does NOT have a "reciprocal sales tax" agreement with FL, unlike GA !!! That means I pay AL sales tax, AND FL sales tax, when I get FL tag and title !!! 'Bama dealers can't compete...

    Still looking for other Ridgeline owner's input...before I shell out $40K for a new mid-size truck !!!


    Stoplight...
    "Too old to rock and roll...too young to die"... - I. Anderson

  2.  
  3. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    6,433
    Blog Entries
    1073

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    This was fun to watch.


  4.  
  5. #27

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Wow! I like it!
    Please don't take my comments as trading advice Now: 10/16/20=35S, 65G /Prior: 10/14/20= 30G-35S-35C/ 10/5/20=100%G/ChartLinks=Pg241-242,#2892-2895/www.theepochtimes.com


  6.  
  7. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,455

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoplight View Post
    That's AWESOME, Pamkk...Thanks for the feedback !

    We had a surprise "close encounter" with Hurricane Sally, here in NW Florida, but our house sustained no damage ! Lost several privacy fence panels, but our power and internet came back on (relatively) quickly...about 12 hours without power. The portable generator and the little gas I had on hand kept us going !!! Still a lot of people without power, and gas is hard to find. All that put my truck hunting on the back burner for a while...

    Sooo...I've read some disturbing reports about the Ridgeline's declining QA/QC over the years, but a lot of positive reviews, too. Sounds like they hold their value well...

    I guess the mid-size truck segment is HUGELY popular right now...Ford Rangers, Toyota Tacomas, etc...so dealers aren't sweating about selling them...I've had to reach out to dealers 350 miles from me to find one that is the color and has the equipment we want ! I don't like pitting "dealer vs dealer", but that's kinda where I'm at...
    Stoplight...
    Stoplight,

    Good to hear that you didn't suffer any significant damage.

    A little off target, but in 2012 the wife and I were on a cruise and docked in Ft. Lauderdale a day and a half ahead of hurricane Sandy. We live in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio and we lost power for three days because of hurricane Sandy. That was one heck of a storm.

    You talk about pitting dealer against dealer. In 2003 we were looking for a new full size conversion van to replace the current van we bought in 1993. We just couldn't find anything reasonable up here on the north coast. Well the wife happened to be down visiting her sister in Tampa and saw a couple of ads in the local paper so her and her sister went to look. The wife found one she liked and sent me all the paperwork. It looked like a pretty good deal so I called the dealership and asked if the could hold it for me so I could come down and see it. So when the wife got back I flew down to Tampa, liked what I saw and bought it. Then drove it home. I beat your 350 miles.
    May the force be with us.

  8.  
  9. #29

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    You might want to look at the Ridgeline Owners Club website. I found out about a Manufacturer to Dealer refund that I made the dealer pass on to me. I also went to the on-line salesperson at 3 different dealers and played them against each other. Price went from $29500 down to 23,500!!! S Model 2007. Just when 2008 models were coming out in September 07.

  10.  
  11. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,024

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Dang Coolhand, that sure is a purdy truck. Mojave Sand huh? In Toyota world that color is called "quicksand", which is what my Tacoma is. Of course Mama always said "don't you buy no ugly truck", and we always listen to Mama!
    I pride myself on the fact that I will never have a cheesy "uplifting" quote in my signature block...Ever!

  12.  
  13. #31

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    6,433
    Blog Entries
    1073

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan View Post
    Dang Coolhand, that sure is a purdy truck. Mojave Sand huh? In Toyota world that color is called "quicksand", which is what my Tacoma is. Of course Mama always said "don't you buy no ugly truck", and we always listen to Mama!
    Interestingly enough, that truck was on a Toyota Dealership lot. I was looking at new and used Tacoma's online when that truck popped up. I thought about it for 2 days before I called to make sure it was still available and went down and bought it. I've noticed that the paint is very similar to the Tacoma's quicksand paint. I see many of those trucks where I live. Tacoma was at the top of my list for mid-size trucks, but RAM was at the top of my list for full size.

  14.  
  15. #32

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,555
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Didn't wanna hold out for a Nikola Badger?

  16.  
  17. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    6,433
    Blog Entries
    1073

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by bmneveu View Post
    Didn't wanna hold out for a Nikola Badger?
    You made me look that one up. Hadn't heard of it before, but I also see that there are other electric trucks in this space.

    I dunno, there's something about a "hemi" that appeals to me. Maybe the symphonic sound of eight supercharged pistons roaring?

    Yeah, I'm old school. I grew up with the muscle car generation.

  18.  
  19. #34

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,555
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
    You made me look that one up. Hadn't heard of it before, but I also see that there are other electric trucks in this space.

    I dunno, there's something about a "hemi" that appeals to me. Maybe the symphonic sound of eight supercharged pistons roaring?

    Yeah, I'm old school. I grew up with the muscle car generation.
    I'm with you. That was a (bad) joke. Nikola CEO just resigned today. He's probably a fraud.

  20.  
  21. #35

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoplight View Post

    ...

    Right now, I have an offer on the table, from a dealer in GA :

    Ridgeline RTL AWD (NOT the FWD or -E model ; too many bells and whistles for me !!!)
    MSRP $39,940
    Dealer offer : $35,744

    Throwing in some bogus inflated accessories and various other taxes and fees, the Out-The-Door price offer is $39,800...no trade-in of my 2004 Tundra...had another GA dealer "beat" that by $100...chump change !!!

    Still looking for other Ridgeline owner's input...before I shell out $40K for a new mid-size truck !!!


    Stoplight...

    Surprised to get a new offer from a FL dealer today ! Out-the-door price of $39,450 !!! Down another $250...

    Are the dealers starting to look at quotas, and end-of-month/end-of-quarter numbers ??? Hmmmm...time to move slow-moving product ? Let's see !!!

    OTOH, how long can I string them along ???


    Stoplight...
    "Too old to rock and roll...too young to die"... - I. Anderson

  22.  
  23. #36

    Default Re: Buying a New Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoplight View Post
    .......

    I guess the mid-size truck segment is HUGELY popular right now...Ford Rangers, Toyota Tacomas, etc...so dealers aren't sweating about selling them...I've had to reach out to dealers 350 miles from me to find one that is the color and has the equipment we want ! I don't like pitting "dealer vs dealer", but that's kinda where I'm at...

    Right now, I have an offer on the table, from a dealer in GA :

    Ridgeline RTL AWD (NOT the FWD or -E model ; too many bells and whistles for me !!!)
    MSRP $39,940
    Dealer offer : $35,744

    Throwing in some bogus inflated accessories and various other taxes and fees, the Out-The-Door price offer is $39,800...no trade-in of my 2004 Tundra...

    Based on KBB and other on-line sources, I think this is a "fair price", and about the best I can expect to get at this time...

    ....

    Stoplight...
    Well, we pulled the trigger on the 1st dealer's offer...wouldn't budge any more on the price, but they were 2 hours closer to me !

    Got up early on 2 Oct ; made the 270 mile drive up to Newnan, GA ; sat around in the dealership for 2.5 hours (woman I had been dealing with was not available...sick baby at home !) ; but drove the new Honda Ridgeline 270 miles home, with the Wife following in her RAV4.

    A LONG day, but I'm loving my new 2020 Ridgeline !!!


    New 2020 Honda Ridgeline.jpg


    Stoplight...
    "Too old to rock and roll...too young to die"... - I. Anderson


  24.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Buying a New Truck
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Buying a New Truck
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Buying a New Truck
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
Buying a New Truck
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes