Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Dec 1 price

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Annapolis, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    42

    Default Dec 1 price

    It seems to me that the 2 days Nov 29 and Nov 30 are not included in the new price for Dec 1. Sometimes a Friday price at the end of the month includes the end days but not this time. I'll be interested to see what happens to the price today. And at the new 2% rate we can't afford to miss any days.


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    6,944

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    Quote Originally Posted by ckb21401 View Post
    It seems to me that the 2 days Nov 29 and Nov 30 are not included in the new price for Dec 1. Sometimes a Friday price at the end of the month includes the end days but not this time. I'll be interested to see what happens to the price today. And at the new 2% rate we can't afford to miss any days.
    Were you expecting numbers for those days, cause those two days are a Saturday and Sunday, or do I miss the context?
    THIS IS WHERE I WOULD PUT SOMETHING TO REPRESENT MY THINKING, BUT THEN THEY SHOW UP!
    Tracker =
    100%- I Fund

  4.  
  5. #3

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    Perhaps the OP is referring to the G Fund's price for Monday apparently not showing the amount of an increase due for three days. I thought the G Fund price was adjusted daily, regardless of how many days are in a month.

  6.  
  7. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Annapolis, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    Yes, the G fund should be going up by about $.0008 a day with an occasional $.0009. But Dec 1 is only $.0009 above Nov 28 price.

  8.  
  9. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,668
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    What? You mean Blackrock may have stolen two day worth of pennies when no one was looking?


    Naaaaahhh. Would never happen.....

  10.  
  11. #6

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    A few pennies here, a few pennies there, and pretty soon you can buy yourself a new expensive sports car.
    Allocations as of COB Dec 28 : 100% S. | Retirement Date:Dec 2022
    Past Returns:
    2018 -3.36%, 2017 13.10%, 2016 -1.79%, 2015 8.71%, 2014 -7.39%,5Yr Avg 1.56%

  12.  
  13. #7

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    What? You mean Blackrock may have stolen two day worth of pennies when no one was looking?


    Naaaaahhh. Would never happen.....
    Ya never know, they may have felt so successful on the I Fund that they decided to expand. Good ol capitalism.

  14.  
  15. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    inland Northwest
    Posts
    4,092

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    A few pennies here, a few pennies there, and pretty soon you can buy yourself a new expensive sports car.
    Old old saying goes along with that, Cactus. "A penny saved is a penny earned". some people say it's not true anymore. Maybe not, but it still could be again someday, at least in relative terms. We can always hope. If people don't save, they won't have a workable retirement, at least that's what they've always told us FERS types about our TSP contributions. but if the savings are not worth anything, or worth less and less and less in terms of purchasing power, then what?
    "life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards" - soren kierkegaard

  16.  
  17. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,844
    Blog Entries
    279

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    Ha ha!

    My 1-day play in the G-Fund yields 3 days of gains!!!

    1-Dec-14 14.5908
    2-Dec-14 14.5933


  18.  
  19. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    My 1-day play in the G-Fund yields 3 days of gains!!!
    I just saw that too. Jumping into Stocks anytime soon or riding the safety net for a bit?

  20.  
  21. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,844
    Blog Entries
    279

    Default Re: Dec 1 price

    Quote Originally Posted by maui21ice View Post
    I just saw that too. Jumping into Stocks anytime soon or riding the safety net for a bit?
    Tough call, I don't know what it looks like, but I'll know it when I see it. Seasonally speaking right about the 14th of Dec looks like the sweet spot.

  22.  

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Dec 1 price
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Dec 1 price
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Dec 1 price
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
AGG (F Fund) (delayed)
Dec 1 price
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)