Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18

Thread: Members returns analysis page

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West of Atlanta
    Posts
    2,578

    Default Members returns analysis page

    This page -> http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_u...ce_returns.php

    At the top you can sort by user name and YTD returns.

    Any way to add a sort by MTD returns?


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,844
    Blog Entries
    279

    Default Re: Members returns analysis page

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    This page -> http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_u...ce_returns.php

    At the top you can sort by user name and YTD returns.

    Any way to add a sort by MTD returns?
    Agreed, that would be awesome!

  4.  
  5. #3

    Default Re: Members returns analysis page

    welcome back!
    100g

  6.  
  7. #4

    Default Re: Members returns analysis page

    ooops, i thought this was a thread about member returns, sorry lady.
    100g

  8.  
  9. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,021

    Wink Re: Members returns analysis page

    Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    ooops, i thought this was a thread about member returns, sorry lady.
    Burrocrat,

    I, too, have arisen from the dead. Yuk, yuk.
    I think CoolHand was worried.
    Just a boring market.
    Kinda busy.

    But, KevinD, your suggestion is awesome. I don't know what tools Tom uses. Such a change could be very simple - or an absolute misery. Maybe Tom could put it on his change list and factor it in with other priorities. Regardless, I think you could copy and paste the data into a spreadsheet and work it that way...
    Lookin' up at the 'G Fund'!!!

  10.  
  11. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,021

    Cool Re: Members returns analysis page

    Has anyone else found it annoying that:

    Many of the current crop of AutoTracker leaders don't document their moves, ideas, and strategies in their threads. That used to be – maybe still is – a requirement for being on the AutoTracker.

    Not nice.

    There are those of us who are currently banging around in the middle or bottom that could use a bit of help. Some of us are not accustom to our current locale – normally spending time nearer the top. Most of those oldsters (AutoTracker speaking) documented their moves.

    Time to do the same.

    Spread the wealth a bit, it won’t hurt.
    We will grow the pie together - yummy.
    Floating peacefully on a rising tide – relaxing.
    Lookin' up at the 'G Fund'!!!

  12.  
  13. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,844
    Blog Entries
    279

    Default Re: Members returns analysis page

    Quote Originally Posted by Boghie View Post
    Has anyone else found it annoying that:
    Many of the current crop of AutoTracker leaders don't document their moves, ideas, and strategies in their threads. That used to be – maybe still is – a requirement for being on the AutoTracker.
    Not nice.

    Yes it has been that way ever since I can remember.

    1. Those at the top don't want to be overtaken.

    2. Those at the top don't want to be responsible for a
    bunch of folks losing money based on their moves.

    3. Some folks got to the top by pure luck, or by
    following other members...

  14.  
  15. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manassas, Virginia
    Posts
    3,498

    Default Re: Members returns analysis page

    Quote Originally Posted by JTH View Post
    Yes it has been that way ever since I can remember.

    1. Those at the top don't want to be overtaken.

    2. Those at the top don't want to be responsible for a
    bunch of folks losing money based on their moves.

    3. Some folks got to the top by pure luck, or by
    following other members...

    Not that I am at the top or near it but those are some pretty good answers JTH.

  16.  
  17. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,844
    Blog Entries
    279

    Default Re: Members returns analysis page

    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Not that I am at the top or near it but those are some pretty good answers JTH.
    Thanks, I figured you should know the answer to that one


  18.  
  19. #10

    Default Re: Members returns analysis page

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Any way to add a sort by MTD returns?
    I am sure there is a way, and that was one of the categories I really wanted when we first redesigned the autotracker, but I could never get it to work. I don't recall exactly why it was so tough - perhaps because the return had to be calculated, stored, the resorted, but I could not get it to go. I had another programmer try to help me and it just wasn't working right. When I make the monthly tallies now, I have to cut and paste the yearly list and resort in excel. Kind of a pain.

    If anyone wants to give it a shot, I'd work with them to get it done.

  20.  
  21. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,021

    Smile Re: Members returns analysis page

    Tom,

    I am making a full version upgrade on a little basketball conference webapp as I type. I'll soon be in a module where I'll want to sort by a computed field. Another option would be to load the grid and allow sorting on the column. It all depends on the tools used - and the bugs in those tools.

    I just wasted two days because I wanted to MD5 hash passwords in my database. I never wanted to have my customers (my bball buddies) to start using a system with their personal passwords in the clear (my little db is a Microsoft Access database which some hacker has a chance at getting to because it isn't a database server). Guess what. You can read a byte[] array data from a field called "Password" - but, you can't save byte[] array data to a field named "Password". Renamed the field and everything works...

    So, even easy things can be hard.

    And, offering a sort on a computed field may not be easy.


    Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    I am sure there is a way, and that was one of the categories I really wanted when we first redesigned the autotracker, but I could never get it to work. I don't recall exactly why it was so tough - perhaps because the return had to be calculated, stored, the resorted, but I could not get it to go. I had another programmer try to help me and it just wasn't working right. When I make the monthly tallies now, I have to cut and paste the yearly list and resort in excel. Kind of a pain.

    If anyone wants to give it a shot, I'd work with them to get it done.
    Lookin' up at the 'G Fund'!!!

  22.  
  23. #12

    Default Re: Members returns analysis page

    if you are using ms excel for the number crunching, research the 'vlookup' command to sort and compare a big set of variables, kicks the crap out of 'if' statements or conditional formatting.

    thank blue i think for that tip, the travel cost spreadsheet she helped me with actually did the trick, there will be a management and a grunt multi-day workshop, after the new fiscal year (from another thread), just had to help show how it penciled out.
    100g

  24.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Members returns analysis page
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Members returns analysis page
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Members returns analysis page
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
AGG (F Fund) (delayed)
Members returns analysis page
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)