Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

  1. #1

    Default Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Scout333 has kindly updated the Spreadsheets for 2020, and they have been posted on...

    TSP Calculator - Thrift Savings Plan

    Code:
    http://www.tsptalk.com/utilities.html
    Thanks Scout333!

    Tom


  2.  
  3. #2

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Six new L-funds and L2020 is gone. Ugh!


    Any chance of an updated spreadsheet? Not that we should need it, especially for those who use the L funds. They should be "set and forget" options..

    I see people spreading allocations across many of the L-funds which doesn't make a lot of of sense to me. It's making the AutoTracker program a nightmare.

  4.  
  5. #3

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Tom, I'll take a look at the spreadsheet with the L Funds and see if it makes sense to do. May not be worth the effort. Any idea how many TSP'rs will use the new L Funds?

  6.  
  7. #4

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Thanks. Some use them, but I would hope anyone using them is a buy and holder.

  8.  
  9. #5

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Tom, Looks like most reasonable way to approach this is to start spreadsheet with new L Funds as of 7-1-2020. Users can cut off old L Funds at 6-30-2020 on original L Fund Spreadsheet. What do you think? Still a lot of work but doable. I.E. Use two spreadsheets for this year only and one to move forward next year?

  10.  
  11. #6

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Whatever works for you. I wouldn't make it a priority. A rainy day project.

    The autotracker on the other hand...

  12.  
  13. #7

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Good luck! Autotracker sounds like a pain!

  14.  
  15. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    256

    Default Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Six new L-funds and L2020 is gone. Ugh!


    Any chance of an updated spreadsheet? Not that we should need it, especially for those who use the L funds. They should be "set and forget" options..

    I see people spreading allocations across many of the L-funds which doesn't make a lot of of sense to me. It's making the AutoTracker program a nightmare.
    If it was me, I wouldnít include any of the L Funds on the tracker, except to show their returns like you do (in the row where our usernames are). Itís making the tracker too crowded. In my opinion, The L Funds donít represent an individuals strategy anyway. The tracker should be about how we, as individuals, choose for ourselves what percentages we wish invested in the G, C, S, I, and F Funds.

    But, thatís just me.


    Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums
    Scott Harrison
    Senatobia, MS

  16.  
  17. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    256

    Default Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Deleted
    Scott Harrison
    Senatobia, MS


  18.  
  19. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ
    Posts
    2,825

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    I agree rangerray. Thanks to Tom and scout for the work. But, what do I know? I've been pretty much a buy and holder for over 22 years.

    PO

  20.  
  21. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,324

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by rangerray View Post
    If it was me, I wouldnít include any of the L Funds on the tracker, except to show their returns like you do (in the row where our usernames are). Itís making the tracker too crowded. In my opinion, The L Funds donít represent an individuals strategy anyway. The tracker should be about how we, as individuals, choose for ourselves what percentages we wish invested in the G, C, S, I, and F Funds.

    But, thatís just me.


    Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums
    I also agree. I think it makes the AutoTracker too busy and hard to maintain (thanks scout for your hard work). Besides how many folks are actually in the "L" funds? Not to exclude those that may be in the "L" funds, maybe there could be one column that says "L FUND" and just show 100%. They would at least show up on the tracker.
    Maybe we should have a survey!!!
    Just my opinion.
    May the force be with us.

  22.  
  23. #12

    Default Re: Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Scout333 View Post
    Tom, Looks like most reasonable way to approach this is to start spreadsheet with new L Funds as of 7-1-2020. Users can cut off old L Funds at 6-30-2020 on original L Fund Spreadsheet. What do you think? Still a lot of work but doable. I.E. Use two spreadsheets for this year only and one to move forward next year?
    Tom Thanks for posting your updated spreadsheets! The updated TSP Returns Calculator-With L Funds spreadsheet has all the New L Funds added. It is pretty cumbersome to use but works similarly to the old one. Note. Only works from 7-1-2020 forward. Users should use the original for the first six months of 2020. The updated TSP Returns Calculator spreadsheet is the same as the original except that the new L Funds are included in the blue boxes on the bottom left side of the spreadsheet.
    https://www.tsptalk.com/utilities.html

  24.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
Scout333s TSP Spreadsheets for 2020
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes