Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 37 to 46 of 46

Thread: FEHB Health Premiums up

  1. #37

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    Mine (402) only increased 2% but if I changed from Family to Self+1 it would only be a 1% increase. I'm glad I changed before I retired as it's still way lower than BCBS Standard.

  2.  
  3. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoplight View Post
    OTOH, as a Fed, do the premiums change when you become eligible for Medicare ? Not that I can see !!!
    Medicare becomes your primary and if you keep FEHB it will be supplemental. Rates are the same for retiree & federal employee, which tend to increase annually. What agency do you currently work for?

  4.  
  5. #39

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoplight View Post

    OTOH, as a Fed, do the premiums change when you become eligible for Medicare ? Not that I can see !!!
    Stoplight...
    I am soon to be Medicare eligible. No change in premium but you do get a reduction in deductibles and copays if you elect Medicare Part B (there is a premium for Part B). I'm still trying to figure out the best combination of plans. Spouse is not Medicare- Eligible yet.

  6.  
  7. #40

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    Quote Originally Posted by evilanne View Post
    Medicare becomes your primary and if you keep FEHB it will be supplemental. Rates are the same for retiree & federal employee, which tend to increase annually. What agency do you currently work for?
    Evil,

    Fortunately, I retired in 2012 !!!



    Quote Originally Posted by Scout333 View Post
    I am soon to be Medicare eligible. No change in premium but you do get a reduction in deductibles and copays if you elect Medicare Part B (there is a premium for Part B). I'm still trying to figure out the best combination of plans. Spouse is not Medicare- Eligible yet.

    Scout,

    That's a nugget I did not realize !!! Can you steer me to someplace with info on how that works, in the FEHB health plans ? What happens if you DON'T select Part B ???

    I think the Part B premium is somewhere ~ $125/month or so. I won't be Medicare eligible for a few years yet, but sounds like you're right...I'll have to do some more number-crunching, to see what makes sense !


    Thanks for the responses !!!


    Stoplight...
    "Too old to rock and roll...too young to die"... - I. Anderson

  8.  
  9. #41

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    "What happens if you DON'T select Part B ??? "

    If you don't elect to join Part B at 65, your FEHB plan continues as primary insurance, but provider compensation is lowered to the Medicare level. That shouldn't affect the patient.

    Also, if you change your mind some years later, there is a permanent premium increase of 10% penalty for each year of delay. Also, watch the income thresholds because the increased premium for Part B due to income surprises some people.

  10.  
  11. #42

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    Each FEHB plan should address medicare; FEHB = Medicare Part B + Part D (Prescriptions)
    https://www.medicare.gov/what-medica...ers/index.html

  12.  
  13. #43

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    Stop I got my information from Blue Cross. They mailed me a brochure that explained what happens when you merge Medicare and federal BCBS. I assume without Part B you keep your regular deductibles and copays. I'm still researching. If I get other info I'll pass it on.







    Scout,

    That's a nugget I did not realize !!! Can you steer me to someplace with info on how that works, in the FEHB health plans ? What happens if you DON'T select Part B ???

    I think the Part B premium is somewhere ~ $125/month or so. I won't be Medicare eligible for a few years yet, but sounds like you're right...I'll have to do some more number-crunching, to see what makes sense !


    Thanks for the responses !!!


    Stoplight...[/QUOTE]

  14.  
  15. #44

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,685
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    OK- the NEW FEDERAL EMPLOYEE HEALTH BENEFIT RATES FOR 2020 ARE NOW PUBLISHED!!!


    You can go to the OPM website, and see what the premiums are going to be for 2020, as well as see plan changes and new plans available.
    Here is the link:

    https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insur...tion/premiums/


    Enjoy! !

  16.  
  17. #45

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    9,816

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    OK- the NEW FEDERAL EMPLOYEE HEALTH BENEFIT RATES FOR 2020 ARE NOW PUBLISHED!!!


    You can go to the OPM website, and see what the premiums are going to be for 2020, as well as see plan changes and new plans available.
    Here is the link:

    https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insur...tion/premiums/

    Enjoy! !
    Thanks for the information James
    May the force be with us.


  18.  
  19. #46

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    6,548

    Default Re: FEHB Health Premiums up

    Looks like about a 15% increase in my premiums, with no expected pay raise for 2020. Thanks for nothin'!

    Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    OK- the NEW FEDERAL EMPLOYEE HEALTH BENEFIT RATES FOR 2020 ARE NOW PUBLISHED!!!


    You can go to the OPM website, and see what the premiums are going to be for 2020, as well as see plan changes and new plans available.
    Here is the link:

    https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insur...tion/premiums/


    Enjoy! !
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Expected retirement date: November 2023

  20.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
FEHB Health Premiums up
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
FEHB Health Premiums up
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
FEHB Health Premiums up
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
AGG (F Fund) (delayed)
FEHB Health Premiums up
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)