Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st post

Default 1st post

Hello,

New forum member. Federally employed for 3 years now. Began TSP contributions from the start. Discovered TSP Talk site 2 years ago on suggestion from mentor/supervisor and read daily, except sometimes when in travel status. Actively re-allocate fund distributions to (hopefully) increase returns. Interested in fund tracker feature, need some posts. Ask a question, I will answer honestly up to the point where it compromises privacy.

Are there any tools to enter historical transfers to confirm/deny my past performance for personal education purposes?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: 1st post

Quote Originally Posted by burrocrat View Post
    Hello,

Are there any tools to enter historical transfers to confirm/deny my past performance for personal education purposes?

Thanks.
    Welcome aboard.

As for tools - the best is the autotracker- where your moves are seen by others. Only by posting there, using autotracker rules, can we all know and verify performance.

Please come on in, make yourself at home. Post as often as you like, and you'll find lots of friends here.

Coffee's on in the lounge.

But please don't feed the animals-

Welcome to the mb, GL!
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."

Welcome to the Message Board burrocrat, best of luck with your investments.
    Norman

The saddest thing about being in a significant bull market is making substantial percentage gains on a small balance - it just hurts like hell to know how much you could be making. But with TSP it's the time in grade that allows you to build your base - the longer you work the more you save. We all go through these cycles on the way to retirement and that is part of life. Look at it this way - you could be paying $20 for the C fund and that would likely mean few shares for those allocated dollars to purchase - but at $11 you get more shares and truly it's the number of shares accumulated over years that will lead to happiness.

Welcome burrocrat! We have some spreadsheets you can use for that...

www.tsptalk.com/utilities.html
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor and this is not investment advice. Please do your own due diligence.

New forum member.
    This seems like as good a place as any to practice and/or make mistakes.

I want to be able to quote portions of a reply like some of you have done in this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

well that sort of worked but it's missing the "originally poste by...." part.

Now i wish i could post a link to another thread that may contain pertinent information.

here goes:

http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?t=7327

well that sort of worked but it's missing the "originally poste by...." part.
    score: quoting 0.5, linking 1.0, like the old song (sort of) said, 1.5 outta 2 ain't bad.

You must like Meatloaf?

"originally poste by...." part.
    http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/showthread.php?t=7327

If only there was a speel chekker.

Hey, maybe I could insert a funny picure or something.

Now we're cooking with gas.

Well, I'm off to the account talk forum to try to get things right this time. Check it out for a peek into my unique, but decidely unprofessional, investing strategy.

I started a thread in there but used the wrong nomenclature in the title so here we go again. I'll post quotes to some comments i've already made on these boards for some background info and to get everything in one place, then go from there.

Thanks for your welcoming replies, now that i have a bit of a handle on how to use the forum, i'll try not to be so prolific or erratic in my thread creation/reply activities.

Ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast