Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Utility Bills Anonymous.

Default Summer Utility Bills Anonymous.

Started this thread for anyone wishing to vent thier Summer electric bill.

San Antonio, Texas.
    1582sf 2-story home.
    1606 KWhs Used.
    $5,35 per day average.
    $171.11 for 32 days billed.
    $89.34 last month for 1086 KHrs Used.
    Increase in cost: 91%
    This is starting to get into my beer drinking money.

Default Re: Summer Utility Bills Anonymous.

I just had an R-30 blown in over my garage and an increase to R-38 or better blown over the rest of my conditioned space. My local electric utility is going to rebate me $0.11 per square foot of the conditioned space. So I actually paid $0.29 psf to have the extra insulation placed - it was a two hour job. This should help me some to contain my costs. I've also got some vegetables growing.

Yeah Dennis, I need to do that. My Master BR is directly over my garage. I'm betting their is little to NO insulation in the floor. It was nearly 100 today. The damn crows would have a field day if I had a vegetable garden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birchtree View Post
    I just had an R-30 blown in over my garage and an increase to R-38 or better blown over the rest of my conditioned space. My local electric utility is going to rebate me $0.11 per square foot of the conditioned space. So I actually paid $0.29 psf to have the extra insulation placed - it was a two hour job. This should help me some to contain my costs. I've also got some vegetables growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Birchtree View Post
    There are also some fed tax credits, (at lease they were on the books last year) check out form 5695.
    “Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.”

Texas rates sure beats So. Cal. My bill figures about 4 cent kw/hr more than yours, with actual monthly usage less than half (~420kw/hrs) for 32 billed days this period.
    Looked at the bill, would have to hire an accountant to actually figure out all the additional and pro-rated charges. Monthly cost over a year was a low of about ~25 bucks to a high of ~127 during Aug. I run stuff 24 hours a day, but use evaporative coolers.

1606 KWhs; $171.11 for 32 days -vs- 420KWhs; $175.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynutt View Post
    Texas rates sure beats So. Cal. My bill figures about 4 cent kw/hr more than yours, with actual monthly usage less than half (~420kw/hrs) for 32 billed days this period.
    Looked at the bill, would have to hire an accountant to actually figure out all the additional and pro-rated charges. Monthly cost over a year was a low of about ~25 bucks to a high of ~127 during Aug. I run stuff 24 hours a day, but use evaporative coolers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetears View Post
    1606 KWhs; $171.11 for 32 days -vs- 420KWhs; $175.00
    Mine is even better-- 747 KWhs used; $86.81. I suppose there are some small perks to living in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEng View Post
    Mine is even better-- 747 KWhs used; $86.81. I suppose there are some small perks to living in Kentucky.

Did I do my math right? Lets see, add the 7 carry the two.

My rate is something like .12222. @ 747= $91.30
    The summer rate has not kicked in yet here, will show up on July bill. Just looked at last year. Average of .24 cents per KWhs when you go over the baseline(s). I bring my Mikita into work to charge it during the summer

Yup, Kentucky, Oregon, anywhere but here in a little over 4 years.

.1162c per KWh in Kentucky.
    .1065c per KWh in SATX; were about the same. The bigger issue is the cost to control summer heat, and how many SF house you are trying to cool. Did your bill climb yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEng View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynutt View Post

San Antonio, Texas.

1582sf 2-story home.
    1606 KWhs Used.
    $5,35 per day average.
    $171.11 for 32 days billed.
    $89.34 last month for 1086 KHrs Used.
    Increase in cost: 91%

.1162c per KWh in Kentucky.
    .1065c per KWh in SATX; were about the same. The bigger issue is the cost to control summer heat, and how many SF house you are trying to cool. Did your bill climb yet?
    My bill, based only on kWh's used, is only $54.84. The rate is $0.073410/kWh. Everything else is add-ons from school fees to environmental fees to my outdoor light.

But the house is 1500 sqft brick ranch with half dozen 30 year old trees throwing shade and blocking sun.

Sounds like you're set up and shaded well.

2152 K.Hours = $263.87

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast