Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Hindenburg Omen

Default Re: The Hindenburg Omen

Quote Originally Posted by bmneveu View Post
    A recent post over at Albertarocks' TA Discussions shows some new, compelling research regarding HO signals. To paraphrase, the probability of / severity of a decline has no correlation to how many signals per HO event, or how closely clustered they are. That pretty much hits right on that 2nd question of yours.

But, the real gem in the research is the confirmation that the pace of the rising market before a confirmed HO is a direct indicator (based on almost 30 years of data) of the severity of the upcoming decline. More or less, the faster we go up before the HO, the farther we go down after. This last ride clocks in as the fastest ever. Strap in!
    let it come, i'm on the sidelines in cash waiting to go all in
    I trade based on volume + price action. Price action alone only tells half the story.

Blog Entries

We've retraced about 60 points now on the S&P500 from ~1690 when the 2nd signal fired off on August 6th. That's just over 3.5%. Sure feels like more. I would already consider this another successful prediction, but I won't be surprised to see more selling pressure to come.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910