Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need suggestion for fund allocation during TDY

Default Need suggestion for fund allocation during TDY

I will be going on TDY next week for one week, will be in class all day and won't have access to a computer (its in a hotel). I'm thinking of parking my tsp funds in the L income fund for the week. Is this a good idea or is it better to just move it to the G for the week?

I hope this is the right thread for this question.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Need suggestion for fund allocation during TDY

Park the dollars in the C fund and rest assured you did the right thing.

Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."

I wish I had the courage to leave it unattended in the C for a week but I know I'll be worried about another correction while I'm gone and with my luck it will happen.

I was leaning towards parking it in the G fund but I couldn't make up my mind what to do. I'm going to follow GG into the G fund for the week.

Thanks for the help guys. You're the best.

Talking Re: Need suggestion for fund allocation during TDY

Quote Originally Posted by oreo View Post
    I wish I had the courage to leave it unattended in the C for a week but I know I'll be worried about another correction while I'm gone and with my luck it will happen.

I was leaning towards parking it in the G fund but I couldn't make up my mind what to do. I'm going to follow GG into the G fund for the week.

Thanks for the help guys. You're the best.
    It is hard for any of us to tell you how to risk or not risk you money. The decision always has to be yours. If your not comfortable with the situation protect yourself. On the other side of that coin is the fact that you may miss some gains.

Which is better? Being in and wishing you were out. Or, being out and wishing you were in.

Good luck!
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."

I like to take risks and I get big returns that way (usually) I have 100% of my TSP 50K in International. The Dollar wont strengthen over the next year and the US economy is basiscly flat but a lot of countries are doing much better than the US. I think the international fund is much more diversived than in the C fund as the C fund is only US companies. The International fund has money primarly in Europe and Japan.
    By the way the best markets this year if you have IRA's is Latin America funds and Natual Resourses. My Latin America (Fidelity) is up 25% over the past year.
    I am very risky but I watch the market on a daily basis, if I see a problem I pull out, but I have been 100% International for the past 9 months and see no problems in site. If it drops I still should be better off than parking my money in either the C or G funds. You cant make real good returns without a level of risk.