Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: retread's Account talk

Default Re: retread's Account talk

Are we seeing similarities between this week's upcoming debt ceiling crisis and what happened in 2011? The market dropped a lot during that time
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_U...ceiling_crisis

Thought this was funny to share
    Screenshot 2023-01-28 182505.png

Powell this afternoon gonna be like:

Screenshot 2023-02-01 090815.png

I really thought Powell would bring the market down. This reminds me of April 2020 and Nov 2020. I was slow to react to the upswing during those explosive times. Still remaining a bit defensive but added a bit more into stocks today. I suspect, as per my usual moves, stocks will reach a top soon if not today. Extremely overbought, Dumb money at extremes (hey that's me!), and major movers reporting after the bell today. I am hoping to weather a major drop with current allocation and add more in later. In any case good luck to everyone if you decided to jump in now like me.

Yup, like clockwork, it's happening again <sigh>

We need a good old fashioned "Black Swan Event", such as maybe defaulting on the National Debt for a a few days before they implement "Emergency Measures" to bail us out. Then the S&P could lower the US Credit Rating from AAA to like just A or maybe A+. That should drop the Market a good 1800 to 2500 points to the down side, and then when we bail ourselves out, everyone buys the Dip, the Market goes on a steady climb back UP, along with the Credit Rating back to AAA.
    That could work.......................right???????

yepper.PNG
    When all else fails, manipulate the data.

Let me get in the garage before you all start this party

deleted post, not productive.
    Last edited by retread; 02-03-2023 at 09:03 AM.

Most likely going to regret this but adding more in. 30G 25C 25S 20I by COB.

Yup. Happening again. It really is quite uncanny how I can make the market drop when I add more exposure. If I were paranoid I'd say "they" are watching me. lol Well that previous move didn't last long as I knew it would drop right away so I reduced back to a more comfortable level.

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Yup. Happening again. It really is quite uncanny how I can make the market drop when I add more exposure. If I were paranoid I'd say "they" are watching me. lol Well that previous move didn't last long as I knew it would drop right away so I reduced back to a more comfortable level.
    Certainly looks like bond yields continue to climb into the skirt of recession. Like other recessions, this is usually the case and I suspect the next month or so will be tough for investors. The VIX has not had the spike blow off yet and that is needed to end the route. If we actually move deeper into recession…we may not see the all clear until May. The FED is probably going to have to raise rates by .5 percent to work harder to contain inflation. Obviously we are headed in the wrong direction.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast