Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: PessOptimist's Retirement Story

Default Re: PessOptimist's Retirement Story

PO, looks like you're well on your way! May take a couple of months of Interim Pay before everything is finalized. Anything beyond 60 days might be worth a call to OPM to check on things! JMHO

Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ

I got an e-mail from OPM today saying my status had been updated. Logged in and found this:

I am somewhat amazed at how quickly this happened. No info on what the final amount is going to be.

PO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PessOptimist View Post
    It also shows $0 under Life Insurance amounts though the 75% reduction is checked.

PO
    After age 65 there is no cost for Basic Life Insurance w/75% reduction. It reduces by 2% per month until it reaches 25%

Congrats PessOptimist How are you adjusting to retirement?

PO,
    Did you get an OPM deposit this week (separate from the 3/1 deposit)? My retirement has been tracking yours closely, my case was finalized on 3/4 and yesterday I got a mystery deposit of about $2400 from OPM. I'm assuming it's for the retroactive amounts owed to me for the 2/1 and 3/1 annuity and FERS Supplement amounts, mostly the latter, but there's nothing explaining it in my Services Online account. I'd thought I'd get the retroactive amounts lumped in with my 4/1 deposit, but guess I was wrong.

Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    PO,
    Did you get an OPM deposit this week (separate from the 3/1 deposit)? My retirement has been tracking yours closely, my case was finalized on 3/4 and yesterday I got a mystery deposit of about $2400 from OPM. I'm assuming it's for the retroactive amounts owed to me for the 2/1 and 3/1 annuity and FERS Supplement amounts, mostly the latter, but there's nothing explaining it in my Services Online account. I'd thought I'd get the retroactive amounts lumped in with my 4/1 deposit, but guess I was wrong.
    My case was finalized on 2/29/19. I received an interim payment and a mystery payment on 3/1/19. The mystery payment was the retroactive payments.

My personalized benefits booklet arrived a few days later and does not really explain the computation. It states the gross interim payments will be listed below and does list an amount, only “Gross benefits due from 01/01/2019 through 02/28/2019 and Gross Interim pay, FEHP and fed taxes deducted’"from the adjustment. It all seems to add up correctly so far, you just have to search for it.

On the SOL site under “Annuity Statement” it shows the interim for 3/1, $0 for 2/1 and no mention of the adjustment. I am underwhelmed about the booklet and SOL site so far, you would think there would be a page that shows what they paid and deducted on what date.

Not so, so far. “We’re from the gubmint, trust us”.

As stated by others it seems to be normal to get the retroactive payment separately.

Good luck, I’ll keep posting as things evolve.

PO

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112