Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Market Manipulation

Blog Entries

Post imported post

Post imported post

Coolhand: how does one `postion themselves accordingly' in a manipulated market? . ...particularly any who have difficulty keeping even Broad Concepts in tune?

Blog Entries

Post imported post

I really liked this guys postand I have no problem with his logic at all. I have noticed much of what he wrote about, but could not havearticulated it nearly as well.

In response to your question, grandma, I have decided to play this market cautiously by not being fully invested unless I can see a true, driving catalyst (see my recent post in my account talk thread) that can propel, or at thevery least trend this market higher. For that reason I plan to keep a larger portion of myTSPparkedin the "G" fund (perhaps 50% by the end of next week).

Market fundamentals have really not changed. Their forces arestill pulling in different directions. Inflation not a problem this week?...just wait till next week. Oil a problem today?....wait till tomorrow. I'm sure you get the picture.

And on top of all that you have a (not so) hidden force pulling some strings. Of course you have to buy into this logic.

I'm ready to justsit back and wait for the market to tell me when it's time. That and I'm keeping an eye on what ST does. :^

Dave M Guest
    AutoTracker

Post imported post

"And what better way to maintain investor confidence than to make sure the stock market doesn’t go down by tossing the Treasury’s unlimited resources at it?"

And yet, it has gone down. After 1987, they acted to limit the effect of programmed trading by limiting the 1-day movement in the DJIA to 500 points. Isn't that true? If the average drops by 500 points, they will shut down trading for the remainder of the day. Such is my recollection, I could be wrong.

Besides, everyone tries to manipulate the market. There are legal ways and illegal ways. If you controlled a multi-billion-dollar fund, you would use your weight to create conditions favorable to your clients, if you could. Wouldn't you?

Dave

Blog Entries

Post imported post

Dave M wrote:
    Besides, everyone tries to manipulate the market. There are legal ways and illegal ways. If you controlled a multi-billion-dollar fund, you would use your weight to create conditions favorable to your clients, if you could. Wouldn't you?

Dave
    Yes, manipulation does occur, but not on such a grand scale. Besides Dave, the post isn't about fundmanipulation, it's about "market manipulation" on a large scale.This includes currencies. What happened in 1987 only set the stage for future interventionand is darn near ancient history at this point.The rules could change and we would never know it.

The real point here is to merely be aware that this may be happening.

Dave M Guest
    AutoTracker

Post imported post

Well I wish they'd get busy and start giving us more "up" days! I got a train to catch in 2010, heh.

Dave

Blog Entries

Post imported post

I hear ya. On one hand if this is really happening then maybe we should feel safer. But on the other hand it can alter the results of any investmentdecision made regardless of how much homework one does.

Blog Entries

Post imported post

http://traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?showtopic=35615

Market manipulation part 2.

If nothing else I enjoy hearing something a little further removed from the usual banter of analysts.

Post imported post

Coolhand....Read your article. It could be fairly well on track. I've heard similar news that the babyboom generation could be in trouble as they get to the door of retirement.

Blog Entries

Post imported post

Spaf wrote:
    Coolhand....Read your article. It could be fairly well on track. I've heard similar news that the babyboom generation could be in trouble as they get to the door of retirement.
    Trust me, I've read it and it resonates with me. The rules have indeed changed.

Blog Entries

Post imported post

Blog Entries

Post imported post

http://www.safehaven.com/article-3428.htm

Interesting times we live in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast