Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 32 of 32

Thread: FEHB and Medicare ?

  1. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: FEHB and Medicare ?

    Took me a while to find this thread. I was searching because of an email about BCBS basic refunding Medicare part B payments.

    Rakendzior, I canít answer your questions other than to tell you big brother says you will sign up for medicare and the health insurance companies play along. FWIW I got part B for me but there was another reason called Tricare. Spouse turns 65 soon and is worried about it. She will also be enrolled in part B for that same other reason. We will keep on keeping FEHP which is BC/BS basic to keep her happy. I have been advised many times that Medicare and Tricare for life which you are converted to at age 65, will cover everything. Spouse does not believe that. So FEHP it is too.

    I would advise checking in to your spouses medical plan about her options at 65. And your options as to being carried on her plan.

    Good luck and I am told there is a way you can suspend your FEHB while trying out other options. Supposedly you can pick it up again where you left off. Not a good option for me at this time as I would have to sell the spouse on it. I think based on all the mail my spouse gets about medicare enhancement plans, BCBS is basically that without eye, dental and other stuff.

    PO

  2.  
  3. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: FEHB and Medicare ? BCBS money for having Medicare part B

    I got an email from health equity, inc telling me to go to fepblue.org/mra which tells me to go to wageworks.com. I created an account at wageworks last year to get my 2018 refund.

    Like we need to get emails from yet another entity about our FEHB. Now its FepBlue, wageworks and Equity Health?

    Refund-in 2018 if you had BC/BS basic they paid you $600 for being enrolled in Medicare part B. I logged in after realizing I never submitted my 2019 claim only to discover it was denied because I wasnít covered by the right plan?

    The plan hasnít changed. Anyone else get a rebate for Medicare part B form BC/BS for 2019?

    Maybe they didnít do it in 2019?

    Will carry on and file for the 2020 money of $800.

    PO

  4.  
  5. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boiled Peanut, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    63,248

    Default Re: FEHB and Medicare ? BCBS money for having Medicare part B

    I have that! Medicare and BCBS Basic. I submitted for the BCBS $600 for 2018 and 2019 this year and they paid me for both, getting the information needed is a pain in the Butt but it's worth it. BCBS takes care of prescriptions, lot cheaper than Medicare. Not that cheap but well worth it if you have Big Medical debt.
    10/23/2020
    LS CRUDE Oil
    =$39.85 a Barrel, Daily Status -$.79


  6.  
  7. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: FEHB and Medicare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    I have that! Medicare and BCBS Basic. I submitted for the BCBS $600 for 2018 and 2019 this year and they paid me for both, getting the information needed is a pain in the Butt but it's worth it. BCBS takes care of prescriptions, lot cheaper than Medicare. Not that cheap but well worth it if you have Big Medical debt.
    Thanks for the reply nnuut. I got the 2018 money but going to the wageworks site which is where fepblue.org/mra takes you, I find no option for the 2019 reimbursement. Any details you can recall about that would be appreciated. And you are absolutely correct, getting the information is a pain at myssa. Fepblue offers no information. Great program they offer if you can figure out how to do it. That is likely the whole point. People will give up. I forsee a long painful phone call tomorrow.

    It is very expensive but if one of the health plan members believes they must have it, they must have it.

    PO

  8.  
  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,069

    Default Re: FEHB and Medicare ?

    There are other plans you can switch to during open season each year if you don't like your FEHB plan, even during retirement. I think OPM sends out email in late October.

    Here is website https://retireefehb.opm.gov/Annuitant/Home/Default you can check in early November.

  10.  
  11. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Stinking desert valley of bad air quality, AZ
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: FEHB and Medicare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by evilanne View Post
    There are other plans you can switch to during open season each year if you don't like your FEHB plan, even during retirement. I think OPM sends out email in late October.

    Here is website https://retireefehb.opm.gov/Annuitant/Home/Default you can check in early November.
    Thank You. This is about getting my reimbursement from FepBlue for 2019 Medicare part B payments. Not about changing plans. I never said I was unhappy, just want the money they supposedly offered. Thanks for the info.

    PO

  12.  
  13. #31

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boiled Peanut, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    63,248

    Default Re: FEHB and Medicare ?

    Quote Originally Posted by PessOptimist View Post
    Thanks for the reply nnuut. I got the 2018 money but going to the wageworks site which is where fepblue.org/mra takes you, I find no option for the 2019 reimbursement. Any details you can recall about that would be appreciated. And you are absolutely correct, getting the information is a pain at myssa. Fepblue offers no information. Great program they offer if you can figure out how to do it. That is likely the whole point. People will give up. I forsee a long painful phone call tomorrow.

    It is very expensive but if one of the health plan members believes they must have it, they must have it.

    PO
    I did 2018 and 2019 at the end of December, The BCBS site has all of the info required. Proof of this and that and it's not easy. I think proof from Medicare, OPM, etc. I will do 2020 in Dec that's when you can get all of the info. Wish I could give you better info, NASA1974 is an expert.
    10/23/2020
    LS CRUDE Oil
    =$39.85 a Barrel, Daily Status -$.79

  14.  
  15. #32

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,458

    Default Re: FEHB and Medicare ?

    I have gotten our BCBS refunds for Medicare Part B for both the wife and myself for 2018, 2019 and a partial refund for 2020. I have to submit twice to get the complete refund for each year. Yep it is a pain in the butt. Both the wife and I have applied for Social Security and have been accepted. We both got our letters telling us when we should receive payment and that they are taking our Medicare Part B out of our Social Security deposits. Now the question is can we still get the refund from BCBS since SS is paying for Part B?
    May the force be with us.

  16.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
FEHB and Medicare ?
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
FEHB and Medicare ?
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
FEHB and Medicare ?
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
FEHB and Medicare ?
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes