Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 44

Thread: Gov employees - chopping block

  1. #1

    Default Gov employees - chopping block

    It's the same process. Gut all federal employees. Scapegoat them all.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-job-security/




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,885
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Quote Originally Posted by offroad View Post
    It's the same process. Gut all federal employees. Scapegoat them all.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-job-security/




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice find. I'm going to quote you in the * Politics forum.
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

  4.  
  5. #3

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    Nice find. I'm going to quote you in the * Politics forum.
    How do I get access to politics section ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6.  
  7. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,885
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Quote Originally Posted by offroad View Post
    How do I get access to politics section ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/site-news-...tml#post370282
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

  8.  
  9. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,885
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Send tsptalk a PM asking for access.
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

  10.  
  11. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,617

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Quote Originally Posted by offroad View Post
    It's the same process. Gut all federal employees. Scapegoat them all.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-job-security/




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unintended consequences. Be careful what you wish for.

    To quote JR Tolkein: "The wolf that one hears is worse than the Orc that one fears."

  12.  
  13. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    826

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    “It’s nearly impossible to fire somebody,” said Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

    Man, this is sooooo true. I have heard some second hand accounts of some really bad (meaning committed a crime) employees in federal government positions who just still could not be fired. Lawyer up and move on to another city.

    I work in a municipality and have several people who are not even qualified to be hired into their position, yet have been there for 10-15 years. Once they get in, they cant be gotten out.
    11.80% for 2012, 24.79% for 2013, -5.13% for 2014 , 4.94% for 2015 WTF?, -0.04% for 2016 , 13.09% for 2017======= 8.23% , Moved to Vanguard in 2018

  14.  
  15. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,885
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Quote Originally Posted by rktect1 View Post
    “It’s nearly impossible to fire somebody,” said Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

    Man, this is sooooo true. I have heard some second hand accounts of some really bad (meaning committed a crime) employees in federal government positions who just still could not be fired. Lawyer up and move on to another city.

    I work in a municipality and have several people who are not even qualified to be hired into their position, yet have been there for 10-15 years. Once they get in, they cant be gotten out.
    They can be fired by competent management. Degrading the protections of all employees to overcome management incompetence is not the answer.

    Some criminals walk in court due to lack of evidence. The answer is not to no longer require evidence.

    The end result of degrading employee protections will be abuses by whack-job supervisors etc. This is always the result when you trust the government/corporations to do the right thing. We've been here before. That's why the FLRA/NLRA etc. were enacted. How quickly we forget...and history will repeat itself.
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

  16.  
  17. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,811

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Quote Originally Posted by rktect1 View Post
    “It’s nearly impossible to fire somebody,” said Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

    Man, this is sooooo true. I have heard some second hand accounts of some really bad (meaning committed a crime) employees in federal government positions who just still could not be fired. Lawyer up and move on to another city.

    I work in a municipality and have several people who are not even qualified to be hired into their position, yet have been there for 10-15 years. Once they get in, they cant be gotten out.
    That's not true, I'm a federal employee and seen people get canned. The ones who are impossible to fire are the disabled veterans, but that's another story. However, the media wants to throw us all in the same box when not all employees really are protected the same.
    I trade based on volume + price action. Price action alone only tells half the story.


  18.  
  19. #10

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Just requires a ton of documentation! Most managers just don't want to put forth the effort required. They signed up for the job and the big bucks? Well not so big these days.

  20.  
  21. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,617

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Quote Originally Posted by userque View Post
    They can be fired by competent management. Degrading the protections of all employees to overcome management incompetence is not the answer.

    Some criminals walk in court due to lack of evidence. The answer is not to no longer require evidence.

    The end result of degrading employee protections will be abuses by whack-job supervisors etc. This is always the result when you trust the government/corporations to do the right thing. We've been here before. That's why the FLRA/NLRA etc. were enacted. How quickly we forget...and history will repeat itself.
    Yep. Just gotta follow the process. I did it. Also had two employees quit because I was following the process -- same result. When it gets hard is when employees haven't been held accountable for many years and have actually had good performance reviews by numerous supervisors throughout their long past despite subpar performance. That's a "management/supervision competence" issue, not a federal regulation/process issue. ... And, oh BTW, large corporations have the same problem. It happens for a lot of reasons, one of which is supervisors who don't have "employee problems" are often simplistically -- and wrongly -- viewed as good people managers by upper management. Stuff happens. Don't blame it on government; that's just an easy target.

  22.  
  23. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,885
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Gov employees - chopping block

    Quote Originally Posted by Khotso View Post
    Yep. Just gotta follow the process. I did it. Also had two employees quit because I was following the process -- same result. When it gets hard is when employees haven't been held accountable for many years and have actually had good performance reviews by numerous supervisors throughout their long past despite subpar performance. That's a "management/supervision competence" issue, not a federal regulation/process issue. ... And, oh BTW, large corporations have the same problem. It happens for a lot of reasons, one of which is supervisors who don't have "employee problems" are often simplistically -- and wrongly -- viewed as good people managers by upper management. Stuff happens. Don't blame it on government; that's just an easy target.
    Exactly. Regardless the situation, a process is already available.

    Trump is just tickling ears again. He says, "I'M GOING TO MAKE EMPLOYEES EASIER TO FIRE!" And the crowd goes wild...gives him their support...just like that. Everyone assumes that he must be talking about some other employee, not themselves, because they're perfect employees. They don't realize he's stripping protections from all employees...but they will realize it if they ever find themselves on the wrong end of a bad supervisor. "Perfect" employees get fired too.

    I blame the educational system; plus, PT Barnum was right.
    [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=comic sans ms][I]"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."--Unknown[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

  24.  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Gov employees - chopping block
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Gov employees - chopping block
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Gov employees - chopping block
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
Gov employees - chopping block
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes