Page 1042 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 425429429921032104010411042
Results 12,493 to 12,503 of 12503

Thread: Bquat's Account Talk

  1. #12493

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso Texas
    Posts
    10,276

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    Are we there yet? At the top of the Midterm channel and almost at the top of the of the Longterm Rectangle. Still embedded and moving higher. Is a breakout or a triple top coming:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

  2.  
  3. #12494

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso Texas
    Posts
    10,276

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    Top of the Midterm channel seems to be holding. Is the weakness starting to show up as we reach the top of the rectangle:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

  4.  
  5. #12495

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso Texas
    Posts
    10,276

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Bquat View Post
    Top of the Midterm channel seems to be holding. Is the weakness starting to show up as we reach the top of the rectangle:
    Weaker day and we are slightly unembedded and can re-embed tomorrow. The worst of it is we closed at the low today which is a big change in the market character:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

  6.  
  7. #12496

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso Texas
    Posts
    10,276

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Bquat View Post
    Weaker day and we are slightly unembedded and can re-embed tomorrow. The worst of it is we closed at the low today which is a big change in the market character:
    Remember we need to get back up above the red line to re-embed. I think around +0.25:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

  8.  
  9. #12497

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    Bquat, I know you have been here for awhile so I wanted to pick your brain. What is the best strategy when you run out of trades for the month. Is it best to leave a little in some funds on your last trade so you have the option to level up at least a little through out the rest of the month. I'm kind of finding myself that way today. I want to be safe for now but also want the option to do something even if it is little moves should the market rise. I dropped 1% in every fund and the rest the the G hoping I can make level up moves as needed. Anyway has there been any strategy talked about on here that you know of.

  10.  
  11. #12498

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    El Paso Texas
    Posts
    10,276

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    There has been some that have used the round up or down multiple times doing less than 1 percent trades. I don't think anyone does this anymore. It is very intense work for little gains. I think some did it because they could on just principle. Might check site for daily interfund transfers. Check with a moderator like Nnutt or Tom.
    Don't bias your charts. Show support and resistance. My comments and charts are not trading recommendations.

  12.  
  13. #12499

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    6,837

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    I thought that 'they' started counting the fractional, less that one percent, moves against the two moves per month. Previously, we could make as many less than one percent moves as a person wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bquat View Post
    There has been some that have used the round up or down multiple times doing less than 1 percent trades. I don't think anyone does this anymore. It is very intense work for little gains. I think some did it because they could on just principle. Might check site for daily interfund transfers. Check with a moderator like Nnutt or Tom.
    Weatherweenie's Account Talk
    Teddy Roosevelt: Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official. Expected retirement date: November 2023

  14.  
  15. #12500

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    I thought after you have already made 2 trades in a month the fraction moves didn't count as trades and you could round up or rebalance. I was thinking now that they tossed in the new Lfunds you could actually drop 1% in each give you 14% invested and 86% in the G. If all those funds even moved up a fraction you could then round all of them up to 2% each thereby giving you a total of 28% invested. If the they rose again you could do the same rounding to 3% and be 42% invested. Within a couple weeks (If all the funds increased) you could be almost back to 100% invested. True some of the L funds are already toward the safer end and you may not make much but the new ones such as 2045, 2055, 2060 and 2065 seem to be fully invested so in a way you are investing in the C, S, and I. They have little to no G and F. Before they created those additional funds we were limited but now they are offered, it seems logical that you could use them along with the C, S, I, to your advantage should you be using your last trade of the month and want to leave the option to keep investing. Hopefully that makes sense. Thoughts?

  16.  
  17. #12501

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    I've made a very cautious pull back to the G. Things are looking odd to me, at once it looks like both a top is forming and positioning to either climb or drop. if i'm wrong, at least i didn't loose money and there will always be another entry point. i do hope the best for everyone elses trades however you decide to go.


  18.  
  19. #12502

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by quabit View Post
    I thought after you have already made 2 trades in a month the fraction moves didn't count as trades and you could round up or rebalance. I was thinking now that they tossed in the new Lfunds you could actually drop 1% in each give you 14% invested and 86% in the G. If all those funds even moved up a fraction you could then round all of them up to 2% each thereby giving you a total of 28% invested. If the they rose again you could do the same rounding to 3% and be 42% invested. Within a couple weeks (If all the funds increased) you could be almost back to 100% invested. True some of the L funds are already toward the safer end and you may not make much but the new ones such as 2045, 2055, 2060 and 2065 seem to be fully invested so in a way you are investing in the C, S, and I. They have little to no G and F. Before they created those additional funds we were limited but now they are offered, it seems logical that you could use them along with the C, S, I, to your advantage should you be using your last trade of the month and want to leave the option to keep investing. Hopefully that makes sense. Thoughts?
    I see no reason why this wouldn't work. I had not thought of it before, so glad you made this comment. And yes, you're first two moves of the month count, whether they are less than 1% or not.
    Scott Harrison
    Senatobia, MS

  20.  
  21. #12503

    Default Re: Bquat's Account Talk

    Bquat, I apologize for hijacking your thread. I just knew you have been here for awhile so are very knowledgeable.

    FYI my theory seems plausible. When I posted Thursday 10 June I made my 2nd TSP transaction of the month by leaving 1% in all funds and 86% in the G. That was Thursday so I had to wait until the close of business Friday to see if any of the funds had risen. As you can see, 8 of those funds did rise to 1.01%. For the funds that rose by .01% I am able to round them up 2% and TSP allowed me to submitted the request. As you can see in the picture, TSP did not come back and tell me I had already made 2 transactions so this trade will take place 14 June (it is the weekend). So it seems that in a couple of days I will have increased my investment by 8% even though I am out of trades this month. Come Monday COB my total investment will have risen from 14% to 22%. Had more funds went up by at least .01 my increase could have been even more however, since this is rebalancing I should be able to increase again any fraction of a percent again come Wednesday (if the market gains). I understand that there were those that did this before however there weren't as many funds so it was kind of useless. Now with the additional L funds just maybe it might be worth looking at again should you be out of trades.

    Also note that the majority of the funds that increased are the new L funds because the share prices are so low right now that it doesn't take much to move them and also remember those L funds that terminate years from now, are still highly invested in the C, S, and I so they move more.

    Bquat, Again I apologize for hijacking your thread I just wanted to post that the theory does seem plausible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by quabit; Yesterday at 06:04 AM.

  22.  
Page 1042 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 425429429921032104010411042

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Bquat's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Bquat's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Bquat's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
Bquat's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes