Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 133 to 144 of 1322

Thread: XL-entLady's Account Talk

  1. #133

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    You are so, so right on! The computer I use runs on a Vista platform and I cannot express the depth of my loathing for it! It's Jabba the Hut: bloated, ugly, contrary and mean, but with inadequate security measures!!

    Lady
    Well...security measures that keep ME from doing what I need to do...but don't keep others OUT.

  2.  
  3. #134

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,991

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    On another thread, L2R and I were talking about Gordon Lightfoot. L2R says that "Endless Wire" and "Sundown" are two of her favorites.

    The reason Lightfoot will always be a favorite of mine is that when my husband proposed he arranged for this song to be playing in the background. He's a sweetie!



    Lady

  4.  
  5. #135

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    I forgot The Circle Is Small; If You Could Read My Mind. He did quite a few that I like, come to think of it.


  6.  
  7. #136

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    A link I use.

    http://aheadofthenews.com/
    VIX on the rise?
    Monday, August 25, 2008
    We tagged the lower band on Friday, always a red flag in a bear market. Today's close put us above the 10 dma (20.49), upper band resistance is at 22.50.
    We will keep trading this market by the book, i.e. bear market rules: oversold gets more oversold and overbought gets sold. Only the deeply oversold combined with extremely negative equity option sentiment gets a buy. If the rules get broken, stay out altogether.

    Tuesday, August 26, 2008
    Update (2):
    ES pops up to 1275.50 resistance outlined earlier and we stall as the VIX finds support at 20.50, its 10 dma. Unless bonds really breakdown, this should just remain a corrective bounce off yesterday's lows. Semis are down, financials up. Chop day.

  8.  
  9. #137

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,991

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by luv2read View Post
    Very helpful! Thanks L2R, I'm reading about the VIX now and how to use it to generate buy and sell signals, just one more thing I've learned since joining the MB. Love it! You're a gem!

    Lady

  10.  
  11. #138

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,991

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    Someone on another thread stated their opinion that, "...from an ideological standpoint, multiculturalism is but a thinly veiled attack on the central principles and ideas of Western civilization." So I wanted to put in my 2 cents.

    I think multi-culturalism is accepting the best parts of all people in order to grow - - a sort of educated evolution. And it's happening regardless of what we think about it. So we may want to remember that when faced with evolutionary changes, we have three choices: adapt, migrate, or die. I think I choose ... hmm-m-m-m ... adapt!

    Lady

  12.  
  13. #139

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,991

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    My last post was a little too serious to end on, so I just wanted to tell you that I think Politics is named correctly. "Poli" from the Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking insects."

    Have a good day all,

    Lady

  14.  
  15. #140

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    6,988

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    My last post was a little too serious to end on, so I just wanted to tell you that I think Politics is named correctly. "Poli" from the Latin meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking insects."

    Have a good day all,

    Lady

    Where's my can of Raid????
    THIS IS WHERE I WOULD PUT SOMETHING TO REPRESENT MY THINKING, BUT THEN THEY SHOW UP!
    Tracker =
    Check my position

  16.  
  17. #141

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ,New Mexico ,
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by XL-entLady View Post
    Someone on another thread stated their opinion that, "...from an ideological standpoint, multiculturalism is but a thinly veiled attack on the central principles and ideas of Western civilization." So I wanted to put in my 2 cents.

    I think multi-culturalism is accepting the best parts of all people in order to grow - - a sort of educated evolution. And it's happening regardless of what we think about it. So we may want to remember that when faced with evolutionary changes, we have three choices: adapt, migrate, or die. I think I choose ... hmm-m-m-m ... adapt!

    Lady
    I am concerned that the term 'multi-culturalism' is simply a whitewashing of the term 'invasion'. I believe that history shows us that when cultures and countries are invaded, the invaders are absorbed, or absorb the invaded culture, or are repulsed. In our case, I think those are our choices. But what do I know, I just do science stuff.
    "He also serves who only stands and waits" - John Milton

  18.  
  19. #142

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,991

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Flatus View Post
    I am concerned that the term 'multi-culturalism' is simply a whitewashing of the term 'invasion'. I believe that history shows us that when cultures and countries are invaded, the invaders are absorbed, or absorb the invaded culture, or are repulsed. In our case, I think those are our choices.
    If this is an "invasion" (I don't subscribe to that opinion but this would be a boring world if we all thought alike) then I agree that we would have the three choices you've outlined. History shows that we can absorb, be absorbed, or let a river of blood run in the streets for at least a generation while we repel. Given those choices, I choose .... hmmm-m-m-m ... still adapt!!

    Thanks for your visit to my MB home.

    Lady

  20.  
  21. #143

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    fourth choice...resistance is futile....you will be assimilated. -The Borg

  22.  
  23. #144

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,991

    Default Re: XL-entLady's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by luv2read View Post
    fourth choice...resistance is futile....you will be assimilated. -The Borg
    Thanks for a grin to lighten this discussion. L2R doing her impression of Locutus of Borg .... Ooooh, I hope this doesn't damage your presidential campaign!!

    Lady


  24.  
Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
XL-entLady's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
XL-entLady's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
XL-entLady's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
XL-entLady's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes