Page 1 of 404 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 4842

Thread: Show-me Account Talk

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,619

    Talking Show-me Account Talk

    Everyone is welcome at Show-me's place.
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."


  2.  
  3. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,619

    Talking Re: Show-me Account Talk

    Had a little problem with a change and my old Account Talk and it got deleted. Sorry folks, better me than you. A new start is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."

  4.  
  5. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    4,064

    Talking Re: Show-me Account Talk

    Thanks Show-me! Now I'm not alone in the "Deleted wrong post club".......... the vBulletin operations can be a bear!

  6.  
  7. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,619

    Talking Re: Show-me Account Talk

    Well, today is a new day. Looking to buy some SLV, GLD, USO, and some JOYG. Iran is stirring the pot big time. I don't like it. Going to sit in the F fund for a little while longer. Seems like someone is throwing a lot of good money into a bad market. Holding things up so to say. My emotions and the ED are killing me.

    Had a weird dream last night that we had a big TSPTalk convention some where. You all look like a nice group of people. O'boy.................I gotta find a different hobby.
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."

  8.  
  9. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,248
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Show-me Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Show-me View Post
    Well, today is a new day. Looking to buy some SLV, GLD, USO, and some JOYG. Iran is stirring the pot big time. I don't like it. Going to sit in the F fund for a little while longer. Seems like someone is throwing a lot of good money into a bad market. Holding things up so to say. My emotions and the ED are killing me.

    Had a weird dream last night that we had a big TSPTalk convention some where. You all look like a nice group of people. O'boy.................I gotta find a different hobby.
    read here about the money....

    http://www.etfdigest.com/daveDaily.php?id=360
    CURRENT ALLOCATION = 100% G
    Fear is the greatest buy signal ever seen in the stock markets - Birchtree

  10.  
  11. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,619

    Talking The Creature from Jekyll Island.

    Jeff,

    I like reading Dave's comments. He sounds just a little over the edge, but not quiet a full blown nut. If he is a nut and wrong with his assessment why hasn't the "men in black" come to visit him.

    Where is Teknobucks when ya need him? TEKKKNOOOO!!! Where are you? I still remember The Creature from Jekyll Island.
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."

  12.  
  13. #7

    Default Re: Show-me Account Talk

    Dang, what happened to your big thread, Show-me? Can't Tom get some part of it back somehow? If not, c'est la vie, just have to be careful next time.

  14.  
  15. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida, USA
    Posts
    24,244

    Default Re: Show-me Account Talk

    He is with frenchee at TSP Thrift Savings.

  16.  
  17. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,619

    Talking Re: Show-me Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by ebbnflow View Post
    Dang, what happened to your big thread, Show-me? Can't Tom get some part of it back somehow? If not, c'est la vie, just have to be careful next time.
    Nope, gone a like my virginity and never to return. Never and I mean never tell Tom he stinks at poker. LOL Just kidding! As you said "such is life". Honest mistake. It's not the size of your thread that matters, but the size of your return.

    Quote Originally Posted by Birchtree View Post
    He is with frenchee at TSP Thrift Savings.
    Ya got me there Birch.
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."


  18.  
  19. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,619

    Talking Re: Show-me Account Talk

    Alright now, I see some waining in the OSM. USM still acting awful strong considering the ED that has blasted it. I would guess that the bulls are still hopeful Uncle Ben will give us some encouragement today while he is being raked over the coals at the Hill. Durable Goods report will come out today at 8:30 eastern. Then the ever so inaccurate GDP will follow on Thursday.

    Chart wise, Slow Sto and RSI are turning down and there is some support at the 50 dma 1425. Bad news will end that support. Call me morbid, but I want that S&P to go to 1350. Then I will feel better.
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."

  20.  
  21. #11

    Default Re: Show-me Account Talk

    As soon as I see SPX crossing the 50 DMA without signs of a recovery I'll cut my losses and join you to buy again at 1350 or thereabouts. We'll see!

    Quote Originally Posted by Show-me View Post
    Alright now, I see some waining in the OSM. USM still acting awful strong considering the ED that has blasted it. I would guess that the bulls are still hopeful Uncle Ben will give us some encouragement today while he is being raked over the coals at the Hill. Durable Goods report will come out today at 8:30 eastern. Then the ever so inaccurate GDP will follow on Thursday.

    Chart wise, Slow Sto and RSI are turning down and there is some support at the 50 dma 1425. Bad news will end that support. Call me morbid, but I want that S&P to go to 1350. Then I will feel better.

  22.  
  23. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8,619

    Talking Some sunshine some gloom.

    Now on the other side of the coin if Uncle Ben comes out with a optimistic statement the market could rocket and also the OSM. I'm considering a move to the I fund. Then with a follow up of a positive GDP could send us into rally mode for the end of the month.

    Question I have to ask is.................Which is better? Being out and wishing I was in or being in and wishing I was out. Capital preservation mode sometimes makes me sit out while others are making a killing. The underlying fundamentals are that the market IS weakening. PPI and CPI are rising again. Consumer confidence down. Housing is down. Home builders are not optimistic themselves. Fuel is rising. Iran is ...........a problem. Analyst are expecting a end to the double digit earnings. Blah, blah, blah.

    Sidebar: Back to my Illinois electric rate rant. Sister in law came for a visit this past weekend. Electric bill went from $100 a month to $400 a month. Now there will be a lagging effect here, but now she has $300 less to spend in our economy that is two thirds consumer driven. It will take some time for her wage increases to offset that $300. In the mean time all of the goods she buys will also increase, putting here farther in the hole. And to top that the Governor wants to tack on another big sales tax to bail out the State. Now I have the option to shop in Illinois or Missouri and have decided to do my shopping exclusively in Missouri. How many more are doing that? That Gov is going to sink the State.
    Socrates: "Democracy, which is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequaled alike."

  24.  
Page 1 of 404 1231151101 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Show-me Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Show-me Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Show-me Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
Show-me Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes