Page 93 of 121 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,105 to 1,116 of 1446

Thread: Rod's Account Talk

  1. #1105

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Now, (F) seems to be losing steam. Surprisingly it was down today. Maybe that's a good sign? Here's hoping for a nice relief rally tomorrow.
    You scared me! AGG had a +.02% on yahoo charts at about 3PM so when you said F fund was down I thought there was something major that changed. Looks like I lost about 0.00035% today. Whew! That could have been bad

    Sorry bud! Couldn't resist! Not too often I'm right so I like to languish in it while I can

  2.  
  3. #1106

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by killi View Post
    Wow, how prophetic was this statement?!?!

    Wish I wasn't right on it. That hurt me and I'm on the sidelines! I feel for those (most of them anyway) that are eating this pain.

  4.  
  5. #1107

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    3,963

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcqlives View Post
    You scared me! AGG had a +.02% on yahoo charts at about 3PM so when you said F fund was down I thought there was something major that changed. Looks like I lost about 0.00035% today. Whew! That could have been bad

    Sorry bud! Couldn't resist! Not too often I'm right so I like to languish in it while I can
    Well, it is down.
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7


  6.  
  7. #1108

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    3,963

    Question Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Piggy-backing off of CNBC commentary... I posted this to my facebook:

    Although this is a fear-driven biological crisis instead of a fiscal crisis, the Fed might have no other option but to cut rates as the market continues to tank. Basically, it will be throwing it a life preserver. That news could come today, or come over the weekend. If and when that rate cut comes, we should rally huge. Bond yields are at all-time lows. They need to begin to rise in order for the market to stabilize.
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  8.  
  9. #1109

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,068

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Piggy-backing off of CNBC commentary... I posted this to my facebook:

    Although this is a fear-driven biological crisis instead of a fiscal crisis, the Fed might have no other option but to cut rates as the market continues to tank. Basically, it will be throwing it a life preserver. That news could come today, or come over the weekend. If and when that rate cut comes, we should rally huge. Bond yields are at all-time lows. They need to begin to rise in order for the market to stabilize.
    So when the market finally decides to get out of this pit of despair which rocket do we want to ride "C" or "S"?
    May the force be with us.

  10.  
  11. #1110

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    3,963

    Thumbs up Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by nasa1974 View Post
    So when the market finally decides to get out of this pit of despair which rocket do we want to ride "C" or "S"?
    Well, I'm riding both... 60 (C) and 40 (S). That was my allocation from 2 Nov 2009 to 23 Dec 2019. Seemed to have worked well for me during those 10 years. Of course, I rode out every downturn during that period. But, I still had a total monetary gain of 281% during that period... all without adding any additional $$$ to my account (because I retired and could not).

    All that to say this... mix it up a little.
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  12.  
  13. #1111

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,068

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Well, I'm riding both... 60 (C) and 40 (S). That was my allocation from 2 Nov 2009 to 23 Dec 2019. Seemed to have worked well for me during those 10 years. Of course, I rode out every downturn during that period. But, I still had a total monetary gain of 281% during that period... all without adding any additional $$$ to my account (because I retired and could not).

    All that to say this... mix it up a little.
    Currently 50/50 C/S. Riding this knife down and I'm starting to get bloody.
    May the force be with us.

  14.  
  15. #1112

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    3,963

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by nasa1974 View Post
    Currently 50/50 C/S. Riding this knife down and I'm starting to get bloody.
    I can just imagine that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. If I was in your position (and I was able to contribute to my TSP), I would increase my monetary contributions as much as possible from my pay and then buy in (average in) at these bargain prices. Of course, they may go even lower from here. But, at least you will have more shares overall to begin offsetting your losses when (not if) the market makes new highs. Those new highs could take awhile. But, at least you'll be positioned. Just don't capitulate. Consider yourself in for the ride no matter where it might take you.
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  16.  
  17. #1113

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    3,963

    Lightbulb Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Some "Stay-at-Home" stock picks from Jim Cramer. That is, if COVID-19 becomes widespread:

    Zoom
    Teladoc
    Ring Central
    Moderna
    Etsy
    Square
    Shopify
    Nvidia
    Adobe
    theTradeDesk
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  18.  
  19. #1114

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    3,963

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    I would add Clorox to the above mix.
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  20.  
  21. #1115

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,068

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I can just imagine that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. If I was in your position (and I was able to contribute to my TSP), I would increase my monetary contributions as much as possible from my pay and then buy in (average in) at these bargain prices. Of course, they may go even lower from here. But, at least you will have more shares overall to begin offsetting your losses when (not if) the market makes new highs. Those new highs could take awhile. But, at least you'll be positioned. Just don't capitulate. Consider yourself in for the ride no matter where it might take you.
    I wish I could contribute to my TSP.
    May the force be with us.

  22.  
  23. #1116

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Interesting rebound...

    But, it won't last.
    Rod, Say something positive about the market! Quick!!! Since it is obvious that your comment yesterday was the whole reason for the late sell off you must be the master manipulator we have all been looking for!

    Of course I'm being sarcastic...but just in case there is a sliver of truth to it...please? With sugar on top?


  24.  
Page 93 of 121 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Rod's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Rod's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Rod's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
AGG (F Fund) (delayed)
Rod's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes