Page 149 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,777 to 1,788 of 1842

Thread: Rod's Account Talk

  1. #1777

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Yeah I sure wish we had more than 2 moves. My retirement horizon is a ways off but just trying to do the smart things.

  2.  
  3. #1778

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    10,455

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Things were much easier back in the day when we could make an IFT every day.
    So true. But we were still at the mercy of the noon EST deadline. Always had your fingers crossed between noon and 4pm.

    It would be nice to have 3-4 IFT's for the month or at least give us until 3:45pm EST to make a decision if we want to make an IFT or not. So much happens between noon and 4pm.
    May the force be with us.

  4.  
  5. #1779

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    4,337

    Arrow Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by nasa1974 View Post
    So true. But we were still at the mercy of the noon EST deadline. Always had your fingers crossed between noon and 4pm.

    It would be nice to have 3-4 IFT's for the month or at least give us until 3:45pm EST to make a decision if we want to make an IFT or not. So much happens between noon and 4pm.
    Indeed.

    And so much happens between 1545 and 1600.

    Make that deadline 1600!
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  6.  
  7. #1780

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    4,337

    Arrow Re: Rod's Account Talk

    It's official. My military Traditional TSP will soon be rolled over into a TD Ameritrade Traditional IRA. I will drop off the overnight package at my local UPS store in about an hour.

    BTW, TD did not 100% drop the ball (as I had thought below). But they did put the wrong address on my initial overnight package. That's why I did not receive it when I expected it. Oh well... all is good now.

    God Bless

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post

    With that said, I did hear from TD, and they will be sending me another overnight package. I don't know if they dropped the ball on my initial request, though. They did say they sent me the overnight package last Wednesday. Maybe they did. Maybe they did not. At any rate, I should have that package within the next couple of days.

    God Bless
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  8.  
  9. #1781

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    What are you going to do without the 6.5 hour transaction delay and two transaction/month limit?
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.

  10.  
  11. #1782

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    4,337

    Arrow Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    What are you going to do without the 6.5 hour transaction delay and two transaction/month limit?
    I will trade very conservatively at first so I don't lose it all in one place!
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7


  12.  
  13. #1783

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    4,337

    Arrow Re: Rod's Account Talk

    It's weird seeing a zero balance in my TSP!

    I'm now waiting for the deposit to hit my TD account.

    Zero TSP.jpg
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  14.  
  15. #1784

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    4,337

    Arrow Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Although I'm no longer trading the TSP, I'll continue to post other trading milestones to this account talk in order to keep it somewhat active. With that said, I first purchased ACAD (Acadia Pharma) @ 1.76 in 2010 while deployed to Iraq. Since then, I had passed on a couple of opportunities (one in July 2015, and another more recently) to sell @ 53.00+.

    While studying the charts, I noticed a pattern going back to early May- one where ACAD was cycling between 44.00 and 53.00. Check it out for yourself. I made the decision that I was going to attempt to profit from this. Therefore, I sold my position on 22 Jun @ 52.45 and 52.46 in anticipation of a decline back to 44.00 within a couple of weeks. Before doing so, I sensed that it would once again test its 52-week high of 53.70. And it did just that the next day, intraday, to 53.74! I just didn't think it would test it that soon! Then the next day it made another all-time intraday high to 53.75! You might think by now I had FOMO because I had just missed the all-time high. Not. At. All. Because I had made a decision/plan to sell, and stuck with it, and profited nicely. I mean heck, I went from 1.76 to 52.46 in ten years!

    Now remember, I sold on 22 Jun in anticipation of the decline. Guess what its intraday low was today? 48.38. Intraday high? 51.50. Close? 50.19.

    Will the pattern I noticed continue? Will, "Once you notice a pattern, it's too late." apply?

    My plan is to buy back in around 44.00 - 45.00, then ride it back up to the 50's and then sell. We shall see in the coming days! Care to join me?

    P.S.

    Recently, ACAD filed a supplemental new drug application (sNDA) with the FDA. If approved, I expect it to become a 100+ stock in 2021. Read about that DRP here:

    https://www.moneyshow.com/articles/global-54340/

    https://www.acadia-pharm.com/pipeline/pimavanserin-drp/

    God Bless
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  16.  
  17. #1785

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    4,337

    Arrow Re: Rod's Account Talk

    I was on the road Friday. You can imagine the satisfaction I felt as I looked down at my cell to see ACAD reaching an intraday low of 46.93, and then closing @ 47.93. Although I expected ACAD to decline to 44.00 - 45.00 within a couple of weeks (see quoted post below), it sure is happening more quickly than I had anticipated. It could very well be there this week. If it does decline to 44.00 - 45.00, I'll be keeping a close eye on it to see if that's indeed the floor. Especially with the MSM (Mainstream Media) once again hyping up COVID-19. We shall see what happens! I hope you guys/gals are doing well!

    God Bless

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Although I'm no longer trading the TSP, I'll continue to post other trading milestones to this account talk in order to keep it somewhat active. With that said, I first purchased ACAD (Acadia Pharma) @ 1.76 in 2010 while deployed to Iraq. Since then, I had passed on a couple of opportunities (one in July 2015, and another more recently) to sell @ 53.00+.

    While studying the charts, I noticed a pattern going back to early May- one where ACAD was cycling between 44.00 and 53.00. Check it out for yourself. I made the decision that I was going to attempt to profit from this. Therefore, I sold my position on 22 Jun @ 52.45 and 52.46 in anticipation of a decline back to 44.00 within a couple of weeks. Before doing so, I sensed that it would once again test its 52-week high of 53.70. And it did just that the next day, intraday, to 53.74! I just didn't think it would test it that soon! Then the next day it made another all-time intraday high to 53.75! You might think by now I had FOMO because I had just missed the all-time high. Not. At. All. Because I had made a decision/plan to sell, and stuck with it, and profited nicely. I mean heck, I went from 1.76 to 52.46 in ten years!

    Now remember, I sold on 22 Jun in anticipation of the decline. Guess what its intraday low was today? 48.38. Intraday high? 51.50. Close? 50.19.

    Will the pattern I noticed continue? Will, "Once you notice a pattern, it's too late." apply?

    My plan is to buy back in around 44.00 - 45.00, then ride it back up to the 50's and then sell. We shall see in the coming days! Care to join me?

    P.S.

    Recently, ACAD filed a supplemental new drug application (sNDA) with the FDA. If approved, I expect it to become a 100+ stock in 2021. Read about that DRP here:

    https://www.moneyshow.com/articles/global-54340/

    https://www.acadia-pharm.com/pipeline/pimavanserin-drp/

    God Bless
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  18.  
  19. #1786

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boiled Peanut, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    63,201

    Default Re: Rod's Account Talk

    I'm hanging in the "G" for now, missed some big down days, I'll have to wait until July 1st if I want to get back in the action, Premarket is up right now! Best of luck Rod
    10/23/2020
    LS CRUDE Oil
    =$39.85 a Barrel, Daily Status -$.79

  20.  
  21. #1787

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    4,337

    Arrow Re: Rod's Account Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by nnuut View Post
    I'm hanging in the "G" for now, missed some big down days, I'll have to wait until July 1st if I want to get back in the action, Premarket is up right now! Best of luck Rod
    That's likely a good place to be now, besides (F). But, (F) hasn't been doing a heckuva whole lot the past month or so. I did see that DWCPF will soon be up against its 200 & 50 EMA's, losing 3.04% this past week. It's been rather flat for the month of June so far... up only 0,81%. So far for June, the S&P is down -0.93%, Dow is down -1.59%, and Naz up 1.67%. The Dow is now below both of its 50 and 200 EMA's. July should be interesting.
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  22.  
  23. #1788

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In Your Imagination...
    Posts
    4,337

    Arrow Re: Rod's Account Talk

    My TSP balance has finally posted to my TD account! Time to put it in/out of work... anytime I want!

    God Bless
    "Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

  24.  
Page 149 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Rod's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Rod's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Rod's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
Rod's Account Talk
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes