Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 247

Thread: AAPL

  1. #25

    Default Re: AAPL

    FWIW, I bailed on my AAPL stocks last Thursday.

    Capture3.JPG

    Capture2.JPG

    And today I'm glad I did. Will I buy back in? I don't know yet. If I do it's going to be a while. No set up in sight right now. Again, my opinion only.
    "That's the problem with being scared to fail. You usually end up failing in the end by default." Life From Scratch, Melissa Ford

  2.  
  3. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    1,939

    Default Re: AAPL

    Didn't have any apple myself (nice sell point in my opinion -- good on ya)... but I did throw about half in the F fund today... now where did you stash those sugar cookies?
    Which one of you nuts has got any guts? -- Randle P. McMurphy
    ... stupidity will always find a way. -- Nnuut

  4.  
  5. #27

    Default Re: AAPL

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Magnolia View Post
    FWIW, I bailed on my AAPL stocks last Thursday.

    Capture3.JPG

    Capture2.JPG

    And today I'm glad I did. Will I buy back in? I don't know yet. If I do it's going to be a while. No set up in sight right now. Again, my opinion only.
    Great job!

    $550 looks like a good spot to re-enter - if it can get there. I'm not sure we'd be lucky enough to see the gap near $425 get filled.

    I like to roll the dice on Apple before earnings when the stock hasn't run up into the report. This looks like one of those times. I will re-evaluate next Tuesday right before they release.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.


  6.  
  7. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    1,939

    Default Re: AAPL

    Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    Great job!

    $550 looks like a good spot to re-enter - if it can get there. I'm not sure we'd be lucky enough to see the gap near $425 get filled.

    I like to roll the dice on Apple before earnings when the stock hasn't run up into the report. This looks like one of those times. I will re-evaluate next Tuesday right before they release.
    Yup... bet the big money is taking its lumps right now and slowly buying on the way down in anticipation of that report. Usually that put/call ratio would be a tell but I don't think they're gonna give us a detailed forecast right now. Good luck either way.
    Which one of you nuts has got any guts? -- Randle P. McMurphy
    ... stupidity will always find a way. -- Nnuut

  8.  
  9. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Utah, Wasatch Front
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: AAPL

    Quote Originally Posted by Minnow View Post
    Yup... bet the big money is taking its lumps right now and slowly buying on the way down in anticipation of that report. Usually that put/call ratio would be a tell but I don't think they're gonna give us a detailed forecast right now. Good luck either way.
    Looks like a few people saw a price they liked. Hope it continues. There's some room to grow and time before earnings
    2011: 12.73%; 2012: 16.44 %, 2013: 17.46%, 2014: 5.35 ; Past 12 months 6.81% as of 01/31/2015


  10.  
  11. #30

    Default Re: AAPL

    OK, I just took the plunge at $561 this morning.

    Yesterday's reversal day looked promising, but today's sell-off is concerning. At least I got in at a little lower, but I'm not crazy about the action this morning. Buy fear, sell euphoria, right?
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.

  12.  
  13. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    1,939

    Default Re: AAPL

    Good luck Tom -- hope you end up in the green. Now, to add to that sick feeling you got... a chart:

    aapl.png

    Hope it works out for you -- just remember, it isn't a trade if your stomach isn't churning.
    Which one of you nuts has got any guts? -- Randle P. McMurphy
    ... stupidity will always find a way. -- Nnuut

  14.  
  15. #32

    Default Re: AAPL

    Thanks, I think. $550 was my initial target to start buying, but $561 is just a rounding error.

    The problem is, the next buying area is probably $425. A poor report and that could be a reality.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.

  16.  
  17. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Utah, Wasatch Front
    Posts
    918

    Default Re: AAPL

    Quote Originally Posted by tsptalk View Post
    OK, I just took the plunge at $561 this morning.

    Yesterday's reversal day looked promising, but today's sell-off is concerning. At least I got in at a little lower, but I'm not crazy about the action this morning. Buy fear, sell euphoria, right?

    Just curious. Are you looking at this as an entry point for a long-term holding or hoping to play a potential gap up? I reckon the latter but am still curious.
    2011: 12.73%; 2012: 16.44 %, 2013: 17.46%, 2014: 5.35 ; Past 12 months 6.81% as of 01/31/2015


  18.  
  19. #34

    Default Re: AAPL

    Good luck, Tom! I thought I would look at it again if it got to about $545.... I do think this is just a correction but it's a scary stock. Right now none of my favorites seem appealing. I don't have any AAPL, PCLN, MNST, CMG. Probably going to wish I did have at least one of them one of these days, but that seems like the nature of the beast.
    "That's the problem with being scared to fail. You usually end up failing in the end by default." Life From Scratch, Melissa Ford

  20.  
  21. #35

    Default Re: AAPL

    Quote Originally Posted by Mapper View Post
    Just curious. Are you looking at this as an entry point for a long-term holding or hoping to play a potential gap up? I reckon the latter but am still curious.
    Apple is not a bad one to hold - it has a very low P/E and now pays a dividend, but like almost all of my stock play, it will be a short term trade.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.

  22.  
  23. #36

    Default Re: AAPL

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Magnolia View Post
    Good luck, Tom! I thought I would look at it again if it got to about $545.... I do think this is just a correction but it's a scary stock. Right now none of my favorites seem appealing. I don't have any AAPL, PCLN, MNST, CMG. Probably going to wish I did have at least one of them one of these days, but that seems like the nature of the beast.
    It's certainly a momentum stock so the low valuation won't matter in the short-term. Right now it's just a matter of will their earnings be another blow-out, like they usually are, and will their guidance be enough to satify investors? Being oversold going into the report helps, but it's a gamble.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.


  24.  
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
AAPL
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
AAPL
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
AAPL
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
AAPL
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes