Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 121 to 132 of 134

Thread: Interesting individual stocks

  1. #121

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    Never even heard of it, but what a chart! Triple bagger this year. Nice.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.

  2.  
  3. #122

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    45

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    Not sure what your time frame is, but there was big buying by one of the directors of MELI in mid-March. That director has not yet sold those shares.

    https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...40d1_form4.xml

  4.  
  5. #123

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    45

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    Disney looking like a pullback to at least the 50 is possible. Momentum waning.

    dis.JPG

  6.  
  7. #124

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,226
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Interesting individual stocks

    Interesting individual stock: AirBNB

    AirBNB will be reporting earnings today, for the very first time. They became publicly traded in an IPO in December, so this will be the first time ever they have had to report earnings.

    Nobody knows what it will be- their IPO was a jump from $45 preIPO, to triple that number within a few days. Today it stands around $181 a share, off its high of over $219 a share earlier this month.

    Itís a heck of a gamble- but it is either going to jump, or fall, after earnings are released today after the closing bell.

    If I had a ton of cash (which I do not), I would probably short the stock myself today. I think earnings will be interesting, but I really think it will be a case of sell on the news, and a fall over the next 24 hours.

    No reason why, just a gut feeling. If I could short it, Iíd short it right now at $181 a share, and see where we are tomorrow. But that is just me.

    You decide. Take a look.

    AirBNB,

    stock symbol: ABNB

    Good luck out there.


    Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums

  8.  
  9. #125

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Interesting individual stock: AirBNB

    AirBNB will be reporting earnings today, for the very first time. They became publicly traded in an IPO in December, so this will be the first time ever they have had to report earnings.

    Nobody knows what it will be- their IPO was a jump from $45 preIPO, to triple that number within a few days. Today it stands around $181 a share, off its high of over $219 a share earlier this month.

    Itís a heck of a gamble- but it is either going to jump, or fall, after earnings are released today after the closing bell.

    If I had a ton of cash (which I do not), I would probably short the stock myself today. I think earnings will be interesting, but I really think it will be a case of sell on the news, and a fall over the next 24 hours.

    No reason why, just a gut feeling. If I could short it, Iíd short it right now at $181 a share, and see where we are tomorrow. But that is just me.

    You decide. Take a look.

    AirBNB,

    stock symbol: ABNB

    Good luck out there.


    Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums

    You could always buy some put options for a cheap price and sell their premiums for a quick gain. If you expect a big move in either direction it could be a low risk buy with a potential promising gain. Next time
    TSP Talk Weekly Wrap Up |
    Chart Patterns |
    An ETF Trading Primer |

    Disclaimer: This is not advice or a recommendation.

  10.  
  11. #126

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,226
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    AirBNB reports- earnings far above expectations.

    $859 million reported, vs. $739 million expected.

    Stock price jumps$4 a share in after-hours trading.

    Well, I guess thatís why Iím not rich, isnít it?


    Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums


  12.  
  13. #127

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    45

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    Longer term prospects for ABNB look favorable. The company itself has placed all the risk on individual ABNB'ers using their residence as lodging so they aren't losing money like other hotels right now. They really picked a bad time to IPO though, and the stock is very overpriced according to earnings which is no different from every other electric car/clean energy/most tech stocks right now.

    Bullish case also says people will be more willing to use this as a form of income after losing their job during the pandemic, or just seeking additional income and don't want to drive a Lyft.

    Bearish case is a big one. It's a niche thing and staying in an ABNB isn't for everybody. Most people would rather stay at a place that offers shuttles to the airport, access to key areas, and a name brand standard (Marriott).

  14.  
  15. #128

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,226
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Interesting individual stocks

    Ok- can someone please tell me WHY Pfizer is so cheap right now?

    Symbol PFE. Itís going for $36.

    It was that price a year ago.

    Pfizer is making a bundle on Covid vaccine- I mean like a Huuuge bundle. And that is going to keep going for a long time.

    And last week Pfizer mentioned that it now has the technology to make Covid type vaccines. And itís like the leading provider in the world- ahead of all the others, both time wise and success wise.

    So tell me- why is this still a $36 stock and not a $200 stock right now? Itís got a forward PE of 12. Twelve! And itís paying almost a 5% dividend. What am I missing that this is only a $36 stock?


    Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums

  16.  
  17. #129

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    Interesting. Not sure, but I did see that 2021 earnings are estimates at 3.33 / share, and 2022 are are 3.04. that's not something to be excited about.

    2020 was 2.58 so there was some growth for sure.
    Tom
    Market Commentary | My Blog | TSP Talk Plus | |

    I am not a Registered Investment Advisor. Do your own due diligence.

  18.  
  19. #130

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    3,617

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by James48843 View Post
    Ok- can someone please tell me WHY Pfizer is so cheap right now?

    Symbol PFE. Itís going for $36.

    It was that price a year ago.

    Pfizer is making a bundle on Covid vaccine- I mean like a Huuuge bundle. And that is going to keep going for a long time.

    And last week Pfizer mentioned that it now has the technology to make Covid type vaccines. And itís like the leading provider in the world- ahead of all the others, both time wise and success wise.

    So tell me- why is this still a $36 stock and not a $200 stock right now? Itís got a forward PE of 12. Twelve! And itís paying almost a 5% dividend. What am I missing that this is only a $36 stock?


    Sent from my iPhone using TSP Talk Forums

    Maybe it has something to do with its size (market capitalization) relative to Moderna, BioNtech? It's among the largest corporations in the world market cap-wise. So maybe it's vaccine profits are relatively small compared to its value and other profits?

  20.  
  21. #131

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Khotso View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with its size (market capitalization) relative to Moderna, BioNtech? It's among the largest corporations in the world market cap-wise. So maybe it's vaccine profits are relatively small compared to its value and other profits?
    Pure speculation here, but maybe a bunch of their drugs are about to be eligible for generic and they'll lose that revenue stream?

  22.  
  23. #132

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,993
    Blog Entries
    45

    Default Re: Interesting individual stocks

    First, everything about covid vaccines has been factored in since April 2020. Consider that Warren Buffet opened a position in PFE in 3Q 2020 only to exit completely in the next quarter. He did maintain his MRK, TEVA, JNJ holdings though.

    PFE had large dividend hikes in 2019 and 2020. It's payout ratio is currently 120% which means they are using debt to make the dividend payment.

    Either they lower their debt or cut the dividend.

    In 2020, XOM ended up making all kinds of cuts, including cutting 401k matches just to maintain their dividend. At the time it was around 8%+ and the payout ratio was north of 400% where it still stands today. Unless earnings turn around, both PFE and XOM dividends are unsustainable.

    Cutting dividends is always a risk when buying dividend stocks and is inherently bearish.

  24.  
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SPY (C Fund) (delayed)
Interesting individual stocks
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
DWCPF (S Fund) (delayed)
Interesting individual stocks
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
EFA (I Fund) (delayed)
Interesting individual stocks
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)
BND (F Fund) (delayed)
Interesting individual stocks
(Stockcharts.com Real-time)

Yahoo Finance Realtime TSP Fund Tracking Index Quotes