PDA

View Full Version : Tracking of the funds

ssbnsailor741
01-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Is there a way to track my shares and share prices through Microsoft Money or Quicken? Thanks for the help.

LCDR Tory Swanson, USS GREENEVILLE SSN 772, Engineer

"Volunteers Defending Frontiers"

Rod
01-18-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm sort of asking the same question in my topic "QUICKEN PREMIER 2005", under the forum, "Links and Resources".

Keep an eye there in case someone replies.

God Bless:^

cargostud
02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
I have the same question LCDR. I am trying to figure out how to do it specificly with MS-Money 2005 premium. Of course, if you figure it out first, let me know.

V/R

SK2 Aaron McKay, NCHB-5

Rolo
02-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Rooooood! I toldya about this:

http://www.techalchemy.net/TSP/tsp.php

For Quicken: Investing Center > Import > Import Prices | Select the file you just downloaded. It has all the historical prices for the TSP funds.

For Money: I dunno...I don't have M$ Money but it may work. If someone wants to work with me on it, I'll try to add it.

skot0123
06-03-2005, 12:28 PM
:%I am kind of looking for the same info. I am trying to use msn money to track my TSP portfolio along with my other investments. I can't use the symbols listed in the above charts(at least I can't figure out how). If I enter my shares owned, it tries to go to the web and grab the price of the funds/index that I am tracking the TSP with and get their share pricesand showsmy TSPvalue being in excess of $1,000,000 total.I would like to be able to enter the TSP portfolio and watch the progress daily/weekly/monthly/whatever as I do with my other investments.

coolhand
06-03-2005, 03:54 PM
skot0123 wrote:
:%I am kind of looking for the same info. I am trying to use msn money to track my TSP portfolio along with my other investments. I can't use the symbols listed in the above charts(at least I can't figure out how). If I enter my shares owned, it tries to go to the web and grab the price of the funds/index that I am tracking the TSP with and get their share pricesand showsmy TSPvalue being in excess of $1,000,000 total.I would like to be able to enter the TSP portfolio and watch the progress daily/weekly/monthly/whatever as I do with my other investments.
There is no way that I am aware of to import this info to M$ Money. I use the same program. You will have to manually input share prices daily, whichtakesabout 1 minute. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

pyriel
06-04-2005, 01:19 AM
coolhand wrote:
skot0123 wrote:
There is no way that I am aware of to import this info to M$ Money. I use the same program. You will have to manually input share prices daily, whichtakesabout 1 minute. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
When you guys do find a way, can you please throw me the formula. It is taking me 3-5 minutes to do everyone's trackers...;)

akaagassi
11-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Here's what I've been using:

C is the S&P 500. Use Vanguard's VFINX
S is extended market - Wilshire 4500. Use Vanguard Extended Market, VEXMX
F is total bond market. Use Vanguard Total Bond, VBMFX
G is a rather special fund. You can use a st-term Treasury fund like VFISX, but G will probably outperform it

Been trying to find the closest, mirroring L fund. Probably TIAA-CREF. Any suggestions on the L Funds?

em
12-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Rolo wrote:
Rooooood! I toldya about this:

http://www.techalchemy.net/TSP/tsp.php

For Quicken: Investing Center > Import > Import Prices | Select the file you just downloaded. It has all the historical prices for the TSP funds.

For Money: I dunno...I don't have M$ Money but it may work. If someone wants to work with me on it, I'll try to add it.

The link does not work and I desperately want to track my TSP through Quicken...

I tried searching with Goggle for and got close, TSP price data demo (http://www.techalchemy.net/TSP/tsp.php), but the link must be gone. Did anyone save an electronic copy of the file that you could send me???