PDA

View Full Version : Just another newbie

KneednDough
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
First off I want to say thanks to all those who contribute to this site. I stumbled across this website a few months ago and am so glad I did. Tom I don't know if you'll read this or not, but I REALLY enjoy reading your daily posts. I only hope you and others will be around here for the next 30 years to help us little minded people like myself try to understand the market a little better. My coworkers laugh at me for watching the stock market so closely. I tell them no one is going to watch out for my retirement, so I need to be proactive and try to make some extra coin. The last couple of months I have been able to acrue a few hundred shares of C Fund (due to sell high, buy low) and am quite happy with that especially considering my rather small TSP balance, and being a rookie and all. Many thanks to you all, as I would not have had the stones to do it without reading your posts for some guidance.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. Unlike alot of you, I am stuck in C Fund right now and hoping for a couple of days like today so I can transfer to G and see another drop to buy back in. Curious what everyone elses crystal ball is saying.

Good luck to us all!!!

RealMoneyIssues
10-04-2011, 08:43 PM
KD, Tom will definately read this! Good luck and welcome. This is a great community and we will all teach each other how to navigate this craziness we call Wall Street.

Consider going to F if you think equities (C,S,I) are bad. No promises, but F is a good place to be if the market is heading down.

Read on!!

nasa1974
10-05-2011, 07:32 AM
KneednDough, Welcome aboard. This is really a great place to learn. Ask lot's of questions, there is always someone willing to help.

nnuut
10-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Welcome KneednDough.
Crystal Balls have a poor track record, best of luck.
Norman

Viva_La_Migra
10-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Welcome KneednDough,

Don't follow my market moves. My method involves Jack Daniels and throwing darts at a board with G, F, C, S, I in place of points.:p

nnuut
10-05-2011, 08:22 AM
:laugh::laugh: Me too! 15618

nasa1974
10-05-2011, 08:25 AM
:laugh::laugh: Me too! 15618

At least you're hitting the bull's eye. I'm not even close. ;)

RealMoneyIssues
10-05-2011, 08:45 AM
:laugh::laugh: Me too! 15619
Me either :p

KneednDough
10-05-2011, 11:43 AM
RealMoneyIssues,
thanks for the tip on the F fund. I will definetely keep it in mind. Thanks for the warm welcoming. Looks like a great group of members. Looking forward to talking with you all.

Nate

nasa1974
10-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Nate, Get your own thread started in the "Members Account Talk" section and once you get 10 posts we will be looking forward to following you in the Tracker.

tsptalk
10-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Welcome KneednDough! Thanks for being a regular reader of my humble commentary.

Small TSP accounts turn into big ones, and learning now will prepare you for when your account gets larger. Staring early and contributing regularly is the key. But once you have a nice little nest egg, your investment decisions will become so much more important.

Best of luck!