PDA

View Full Version : Survey of TSP Participants

tsptalk
09-13-2011, 05:59 PM
From www.tsp.gov

Plan News was updated on September 13, 2011.

Survey of Thrift Savings Plan Participants — Make a difference in your financial future! The 2011 TSP Participant Survey is coming soon. A group of randomly selected participants has been identified to take part in the survey and will receive detailed instructions for completing the survey by October 3. All survey responses will be kept confidential by our independent consultant, Aon Hewitt.

The results of the survey will help us to continually improve the Thrift Savings Plan’s features and options to better meet the financial needs and retirement goals of our participants.

If you are selected to participate in the survey, we hope you will take the time to provide us with your feedback.

nnuut
09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
I hope they ask the right questions, Like could you use more IFTs a month!:nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:

FAB1
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Im sure they will conveniently leave out anyone who is a card carrying member here, or moves their money more than twice a year!!! And if you think IM joking wait and see.

Vnc1701
09-13-2011, 07:50 PM
+1 fab/nnut

Anyone round here "randomly selected?"

jpcavin
09-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Im sure they will conveniently leave out anyone who is a card carrying member here, or moves their money more than twice a year!!! And if you think IM joking wait and see.

I am sure Birchtree will get one. :D

troxel
09-13-2011, 10:00 PM
I hope they ask the right questions, Like could you use more IFTs a month!:nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:

The survey will probably steer away form such questions.

The way it is now my moves are much larger (and riskier) than they use to be because of that nonsensical limitation.

Why not embrace capitalism and charge a reasonable amount for IFT's?

RealMoneyIssues
09-13-2011, 10:33 PM
The survey will probably steer away form such questions.

The way it is now my moves are much larger (and riskier) than they use to be because of that nonsensical limitation.

Why not embrace capitalism and charge a reasonable amount for IFT's?
+1, quit trying to make sense...

Frixxxx
09-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Just got my survey card in the mail (Came Saturday)! Apparently it is confidential.....Can be done either online or on paper with an October 6th deadline! More to follow!

RealMoneyIssues
09-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Just got my survey card in the mail (Came Saturday)! Apparently it is confidential.....Can be done either online or on paper with an October 6th deadline! More to follow!
Woohoo, at least someone here got one !!

FAB1
09-19-2011, 01:47 PM
I am sure Birchtree will get one. :D

Ha ha yep!

KevinD
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM

I delivered one of those cards to somebody on my route Saturday...

Vnc1701
09-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Hopefully the survey has a large "comments" section. Perhaps frixx will post some of the "confidential" questions. I am very interested....think I'll go check the mail!

Frixxxx
09-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Hopefully the survey has a large "comments" section. Perhaps frixx will post some of the "confidential" questions. I am very interested....think I'll go check the mail!
I will probably scan the questionnaire so everyone can see what is being asked. I'm sure it's the responses that will be confidential!

burrocrat
09-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Maybe it's the results that are going to be kept confidential?

Approx ~7k TSP Talkers / ? how many total TSP participants = odds that a certain number of us get 'randomly' selected?

Either you just hit the lottery Frixxxx or else are being set up.

burrocrat
09-19-2011, 07:03 PM
I wish Bohgie was here, he could probably help me with the math on that one.

Anyone? Anyone?

RealMoneyIssues
09-19-2011, 07:19 PM
I delivered one of those cards to somebody on my route Saturday...
Do THEY know about TSPTalk... should throw a printout of the site into their box... nevermind, it's probably a felony :D

I will probably scan the questionnaire so everyone can see what is being asked. I'm sure it's the responses that will be confidential!
Great idea, THANKS !!!

burrocrat
09-19-2011, 08:44 PM
OK, I'll take a stab at it myself, from the most recent number google returned on my one and only search, as of 2009: http://www.frtib.gov/pdf/minutes/MM-2010Feb-Att3.pdf

7000 tsptalk members / 4300000 tsp participants = 0.16% or 16 in 10000. And if there are 7000 tsptalkers then 11 or 12 of us should get invites.

So go check your mail and fess up y'all. We're 11 beers short of an honest half rack so far...