PDA

View Full Version : iPhone App for Message Board is Ready!

tsptalk
09-13-2011, 08:59 AM
The iPhone App for the Message Board is finally ready!

You can download the new iPhone App at iTunes!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tsp-talk-message-board/id460088067?mt=8

jpcavin
09-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Downloading right now! Thanks Tom! :D

tsptalk
09-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Cool! Let me know what you think. I don't have an iphone so I haven't seen it in action.

Thanks!

jpcavin
09-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Cool! Let me know what you think. I don't have an iphone so I haven't seen it in action.

Thanks!

My moment of joy is going to have to wait until I get home. Connectivity at work is not allowing me to download it. Will let you know how it turns out.

Viva_La_Migra
09-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Using the app now. It would be nice if the screen rotated when you turn the phone sideways, but otherwise it seems to be working okay. I'll let you know if I find any bugs in it. Thanks for having the app created and making it available for free! I like free stuff. :cool:

konakathy
09-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Mahalo Tom - so far, so good. Off to work ! Will explore the app. more later.

tsptalk
09-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Using the app now. It would be nice if the screen rotated when you turn the phone sideways, but otherwise it seems to be working okay. I'll let you know if I find any bugs in it. Thanks for having the app created and making it available for free! I like free stuff. :cool:
I won't be able to fix any bugs myself, but I can report them so vbulletin can consider them in any new releases of the software.

It's harder for people to complain when things are free. :D Are there any ads on the app? It's probably not a good business decision to give something away that will decrease my advertising revenue. :)

tsptalk
09-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Mahalo Tom - so far, so good. Off to work ! Will explore the app. more later.Great - Thanks!

eccougar
09-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Downloaded the app and it works great. Thanks Tom.

Handballer
10-30-2011, 12:09 AM
I recently purchaced one IPhone 4G. Thanks Tom.

If only my password worked. Besides tsptalk, my favorite feature is SIRI. I read in a year or two, or less, tons of improvements will be made to it. Seems impossible.

Handballer
10-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Two dumb questions. Are respones in this tread generated from your IPone? (I can't even log in) Have you tried to log on to tsp.gov and enter your account number? There are three blocks for the account number - 3 digits in first block, 3 digits in second block, and rest of digits in third block. I will be away from my my computer early mornings this week and will want to use my IPhone to do this. I got TV.

I need help here. Really.

Thanks,
Ira

tsptalk
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
I am not following the questions. I don't have an iphome myself so I have never accessed either the TSP.gov site, or the message board. Anyone else?

konakathy
10-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I just tried to log on to TSP.GOV on my iPhone via Safari and couldn't either. It bumps me out after entering the 1st 4 digits of my account number. :notrust:

Handballer
10-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for checking. I forgot to say it happened to me earlier.

nasa1974
10-30-2011, 10:19 PM
I just tried tsp.gov on my iPhone 4S using Safari and it failed the first time but the second log in worked.

Handballer
10-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for checking. I still cannot get past the first block. When I tap on second block the keypad briefly pops up. I've tried more than a dozen times.

I just tried tsp.gov on my iPhone 4S using Safari and it failed the first time but the second log in worked.

nasa1974
10-30-2011, 10:34 PM
What I did was typed in my user ID and password and touched the done key on the key pad then I touched the log-in key in tsp.gov and it let me in.

Handballer
11-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks Nasa. I took me a couple days to figure how to get the user ID. I will use it now with my ID and password. Its much easier than plugging in the account number.

Handballer
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I was in Costco this morning. I looked at the magazine rack and found
IPhone App Directory - Your guide to the best applications for IPhone and IPod touch. Over 900 apps are listed. Most appear to be free. News stand price is $19.99 but sells for $13.99 or less at Costco.

tsptalk
01-18-2012, 09:40 PM
I finally bought an ipod touch so I can see the forum with this iphone app. Pretty cool - if I do say so myself. :)

burrocrat
09-23-2012, 02:51 PM

PessOptimist
09-23-2012, 08:02 PM

I phone? Yes, often after hearing dial tone. I have a cell phone. I phone what?

burrocrat
09-23-2012, 09:01 PM
I phone? Yes, often after hearing dial tone. I have a cell phone. I phone what?

dial tone? ha ha. i didn't even know they still made those things.

i have an android smart phone, and i post almost all my worthless crap on the internet with it. which explains why sometimes it ends up in a thread i didn't mean to post in, so i try to cover it up quickly with three dots and hope nobody noticed. but then you come along and sniffed it out.

these things are like mini computers but without buttons. and you can throw them a lot farther. plus you can get a no questions asked insurance policy on them. so you don't even have to try to explain to rahjendra with the accent how it ended up wedged halfway through the sheetrock, they just send you a brand new communicator.

pretty cheap therapy in my opinion.

Sensei
09-24-2012, 02:38 AM
so you don't even have to try to explain to rahjendra with the accent how...
Completely off topic, but a couple months ago I was involved in a bruhaha with my credit card company, and kept getting routed through various limited English support staff. I got irritated and asked one guy "so how's the weather in Mumbai?" He sounded a little hurt when he responded, "I'm in Costa Rica, sir." I gotta get a better handle on my accent recognition.

Back on to topic - I have an iPhone now, but have found it more user friendly to just view this site through Safari than to utilize the iPhone app. The app doesn't let you look at the full forum to see the top 20 latest posts. It only lets you see the sub-categories of the forum, which makes it hard to locate the new posts. There's a "newest" feed on the app, but it seems to list all the blog commentaries, and only the two or three most recent member comments. It sounds like everyone on here prefers Android, though, so I'm just a dinosaur I guess.

PessOptimist
12-29-2012, 05:41 PM
I got a shiny new ipadthingy for Christmas. So far so good just logging in to the desktop app using safari. What would an itechy do?

i can hardly wait until they find out at work and push me toward getting real time messages.

PO

tsptalk
12-29-2012, 05:45 PM
The iphone app is OK, but I have preferred the tapatalk app for TSP Talk. The notification function works best.

In case you're interested... http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/site-news-announcements/14004-getting-mobile-notifications-forum.html#post382588

Sensei
12-30-2012, 04:12 AM
I got a shiny new ipadthingy for Christmas. So far so good just logging in to the desktop app using safari. What would an itechy do?

i can hardly wait until they find out at work and push me toward getting real time messages.

PO
I regularly check the old fashioned TSPTalk website on my iPhone using the old fashioned Safari. The app doesn't suit my tastes. Maybe some day I'll check out Tapatalk - never heard of it until just now.

tsptalk
12-30-2012, 10:32 AM
I forgot to mention that the apps (iphone, android, tapatalk, and forumrunner) are all for the forum.

To view the other part of the site, the tsptalk.mobi is probably best - unless you just use the normal browser version like Sensei does.

imike023
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Still using the TSP Talk Message Board on my iphone. I get the latest in the bulletin post and commentaries. Can't ask for anything else. Thanks Tom

jpcavin
01-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I just downloaded tapatalk and I love it!

konakathy
01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
I just downloaded tapatalk and I love it!

I use Safari like Sensei and like that version better than the iPhone app. I'll have to check out tapatalk now that you've endorsed it. :D

jpcavin
01-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Now I have to try Safari! Lol

jpcavin
01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Now I have to try Safari! Lol

Intrepid_Timer
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
I use Safari as well with Verizon. I was also told that Verizon's entire network will be going 4G sometime this year.