PDA

View Full Version : HP TouchPad for $101

pokerstar629
08-22-2011, 04:16 AM
Not sure if I'm putting this in the right section.

Barnes and Noble is selling the HP TouchPad for $101 before tax and shipping. This is the 16gig version and it looks like an iPad. I ordered 3 just in case my friends need them. They are selling pretty quick as HP is getting out of the consumer business and liquidating all TouchPads. If you would like to purchase one, click on the link below. TSPTalk should look pretty sweet on my new tablet when it arrives......

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/HP-TouchPad-Tablet-with-16GB-Memory-WiFi-12GHz-Black/e/886111788637?itm=1&usri=hp%2Btouchpad%2Btablet%2Bwith%2B16gb%2Bmemory %2Bwifi%2B1%2B2ghz

KevinD
08-22-2011, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered 2. :nuts: 1 for me and 1 for the wife. 15075

pokerstar629
08-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered 2. :nuts: 1 for me and 1 for the wife. 15075
No problem, Target, Amazon, Walmart, and Bestbuy had them for a short period before they sold out.

weatherweenie
08-22-2011, 06:52 AM
For $100, if it ships, you can't go wrong. If nothing else, it will make a nice place mat.

jkenjohnson
08-22-2011, 07:16 AM
For $100, if it ships, you can't go wrong. If nothing else, it will make a nice place mat.

Thanks I ordered two myself.

law87
08-22-2011, 07:29 AM
i wouldnt buy this guys, this is a horrible tablet, theres a reason why they are so cheap and HP discontinue after 3-4 month of release.

KevinD
08-22-2011, 08:23 AM
It can't be any worse than this stoopid Pandigital Novel I've been trying to use.

law87
08-22-2011, 09:41 AM
It can't be any worse than this stoopid Pandigital Novel I've been trying to use.

i play with it at best buy and the thing froze on me while trying to surf a website...get the black berry playbook, its the same operating system but smaller and BETTER!

jkenjohnson
08-22-2011, 09:43 AM
i wouldnt buy this guys, this is a horrible tablet, theres a reason why they are so cheap and HP discontinue after 3-4 month of release.

There are mixed reviews for this tablet. Some good features and some not so good. It's certainly not an Apple Ipad II. At $599 I would not buy it, but at $99, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

tsptalk
08-22-2011, 09:45 AM
OUT OF STOCK

Congrats to those who got one - and thanks pokerstar629 for the heads up! Maybe we need a thread or sub-forum for just this type of thing in the future.

KevinD
08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/113366/cheap-hp-tablets-touchpad-wsj

Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ - News) Co.'s decision to drop the price to as low as $99 for its TouchPad tablets touched off a weekend buying rush that the company called "overwhelming."

The sudden interest came after H-P said it was discontinuing its tablet and smartphone efforts, after disappointing sales and unfavorable comparisons to Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL - News) Inc.'s iPad and iPhone. H-P cut the price of its least-expensive TouchPad to $99.99 from $499.99. The price on a greater-capacity version was reduced to $149.99 from $599.99.

RealMoneyIssues
08-22-2011, 04:32 PM
OUT OF STOCK

Congrats to those who got one - and thanks pokerstar629 for the heads up! Maybe we need a thread or sub-forum for just this type of thing in the future.
Yuppers, just go the email from B&N, out of stock, order cancelled...

jpcavin
08-22-2011, 07:25 PM

Same here. When my order went through, I thought it was a done deal. Got the email today as well. Obummer!

KevinD
08-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Same here. Sold out. Order canceled. Oh well.

weatherweenie
08-22-2011, 09:17 PM

Same here

jkenjohnson
08-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Me too. I thought I had two of them.

pokerstar629
08-23-2011, 07:05 AM
They cancelled my order also but I managed to purchase one from Bestbuys the day before. If you really want one, check the link below periodically for updates on which store has inventory. Good luck to all who want it and I hope I'm not wasting anyones time.
http://justindeals.com/hp-touchpad-tablet-for-99-update-list-of-updated-merchants-status/

clester
08-23-2011, 08:54 AM
You guys need to get an iPad when the next upgrade comes. It's worth the extra money. But, wait till October os so when the new one come out.

I bought the first version. I use it way more than my laptop. I still need the laptop for some functions.

law87
08-23-2011, 09:07 AM
You guys need to get an iPad when the next upgrade comes. It's worth the extra money. But, wait till October os so when the new one come out.

I bought the first version. I use it way more than my laptop. I still need the laptop for some functions.

or wait for android to come out with a quad core tablet, should be late of this year?

ipad is over rated and too expensive.

clester
08-23-2011, 09:13 AM
or wait for android to come out with a quad core tablet, should be late of this year?

ipad is over rated and too expensive.
I believe most tablets run about $500 don' t they ? The iPad pricing is one of it's plusses. I don't think it's overrated.

I have an android phone and like it, so maybe a good tablet running android would be good. Apple just has the edge IMO
I don't like the small tablets either. They need to be big enough to set themselves apart from smartphones.

tsptalk
08-23-2011, 11:05 AM
How easy is it to type on an ipad - like if you had to write an article, etc, and not just a short post? I don't even like typing on my laptop so much. It feels awkward.

Evolution is going to have humans with mini-hands in the next generation, for texting and ipads. :D

RealMoneyIssues
08-23-2011, 11:14 AM
How easy is it to type on an ipad - like if you had to write an article, etc, and not just a short post? I don't even like typing on my laptop so much. It feels awkward.

Evolution is going to have humans with mini-hands in the next generation, for texting and ipads. :D

Nope, I think this is more realistic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEwdDY-b0HI

law87
08-23-2011, 11:52 AM
I believe most tablets run about $500 don' t they ? The iPad pricing is one of it's plusses. I don't think it's overrated.

I have an android phone and like it, so maybe a good tablet running android would be good. Apple just has the edge IMO
I don't like the small tablets either. They need to be big enough to set themselves apart from smartphones.

i have the samsung galaxy tablet 10.1 and it is awesome android tablet! same size as ipad 2 but better customization, i can watch stuff on cnn.com without open the apps or go to any website that posted video online, i dont think ipad can do that yet.

i love the black berry play book too, it is such an awesome device, the only bad part is, it doesnt have gmail sync :( and not alot of apps.

clester
08-23-2011, 11:55 AM

The touch keypad takes some getting used to. Probably not good for long articles or anything more than a paragraph. You can get the keyboard dock that holds the iPad up like a laptop. I use apples office apps and they work well and are only $10.

law87
08-23-2011, 11:55 AM

for the galaxy tab, i have an apps call thumb keyboard, where you modified the keyboard to be able to type with only your thumb! i have an app that sync my text messages from my phone to my tablet and now i just use my tablet for everything except making phone calls and playing starcraft II online (yes i am a 24 years old and i do play game, dont hate!)

or if you really want you can sync bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the device and use it from there...i never done it but heard some folks over at XDA forum that have done it.

jkenjohnson
10-11-2011, 11:40 AM
I am buying a 16GB HP touchpad from a friend that got one for $99. I am curious - for those who own one, do you like it?

jkenjohnson
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Nope, I think this is more realistic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEwdDY-b0HI

I new what was coming before it happened.

nasa1974
10-11-2011, 01:42 PM
The FAX was funny.

jkenjohnson
10-11-2011, 01:45 PM
The FAX was funny.

Very funny.

nnuut
10-11-2011, 02:26 PM
That's what they get for messing with an Old Guy!15698

pokerstar629
10-14-2011, 04:36 AM
Here's a guide to installing CM7 Android on your HP Touchpad. (Video)
http://www.tabletsupportforum.com/forum/showthread.php/522-VIDEO-Idiots-Guide-How-to-Install-Cyanogenmod-7-Android-Alpha-on-HP-Touchpad

k0nkuzh0n
10-24-2011, 06:24 AM
If anyone was lucky enough to get an HP touchpad, Macmall.com is having a sale on the HP touchpad cases for $15. I'm pretty sure they are the official HP cases. Shipping is free on orders over $25. I bought three, giving two as gifts for xmas.

jkenjohnson
10-24-2011, 07:42 AM
If anyone was lucky enough to get an HP touchpad, Macmall.com is having a sale on the HP touchpad cases for $15. I'm pretty sure they are the official HP cases. Shipping is free on orders over $25. I bought three, giving two as gifts for xmas.

Dang, I wish I would have seen this earlier, I just ordered one for $23.

Anybody use Hotmail on their touchpad? When I try to read mine, I get an error message concerning windows live.