PDA

View Full Version : Why did I change allocations. I Fund

sonofthunder
01-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey Smedlap, have been trying to reply to your question but for some reason i keep getting the unauthorized message, no matter how many times i log in?:(

my change from 100% I to all 3 stock funds is just my best guess after reading this board and checking out some of the recommend chart reading, [ big charts, etc. and reading the stock market comments on various sites, nbr, msn-money,yahoo and others. As well as studying Toms comments and comparing all that i read, to the December and thus far Jan share prices in our funds. i have noticed that theI fund has usually taken the smallest hit in the dips, due to the influx of the dollars being invested over there. just as some have said many times on this board, what goes up must come down. in comparing the almost all time low of the dollar even if it stays low i see our economy growing due to the increase in our exports and the influx of many millions of overseas visitors spending many millions of our dollars in our economy. just from the percentages of drops in each fund, i just believe we may see a very big correction in the short-long term I fund share prices, once the bull market in the C fund takes hold, which i believe will happen as we see our dollar start climbing, and i believe that this will happen after we see this string of mergers slow down, with all of the money invested in these mergers the bigcompanies will want to see some big profits, and that can only happen when our dollar starts to climb and more money will be invested in these big mergers stocks because of the profit potential from the savings that will develope due to streamlining, which is common in big mergers. iread this as an inviation to all of those overseas investments rushing back to take advantage of the sudden growth in these big mergers, which i believe will start a change reaction in ourS&P.it is just my opinion of course, but i believe that the mergers will by themselves cause our dollar to rise. just call it an uneducated guess, hunch, or just a common or uncommon sense approach. tomorrow i am going with Tom for a while 50% C 25% S and 25% (I just in case:P)

tsptalk
01-10-2005, 11:33 PM
sonofthunder wrote:
have been trying to reply to your question but for some reason i keep getting the unauthorized message, no matter how many times i log in?:(

Rolo, your geekness is needed again. :D

Rolo
01-13-2005, 10:28 PM
*poof*

a little late, I know

What is the exact "unauthorised" message, sonofthunder?

What browser are you using?

Do you always have "Logged in as sonofthunder" at the top?

sonofthunder
01-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Well who ever did what, if anything, its working now. :)This is the first reply that I have been able to make for over a week now. Thanks for the assist. Any idea why some of us couldn't reply to comments?

Was sitting in there with Tom, 50% C 25% S 25% I, hope we do see that rally today and monday, as for now will be giving it a rest. 100% G COB Mon. I have noticed on reflection this past month that I have been riding too much of an emotional roller coaster and that is not good. Giving it a rest for awhile, will be keeping an eye, and will hop back in when things are going up. NO sense in continuing losses on wishful thinking. What do yall think????????

Looking forward to just reading yalls posts and studying the indicators. Hopefully someday we will be able to make quicker changes through with our funds someday. Would have liked to have jumped out yesterday. Oh well that is the way the market bounces once in a while. Heres looking at you kids:shock:, man, gotta watch those emotions.

Rolo
01-14-2005, 09:42 PM
sonofthunder wrote:
NO sense in continuing losses on wishful thinking. What do yall think????????

Yup!

I paid a lot of money to learn that lesson once, heh.

sonofthunder
04-21-2005, 03:29 PM
:)Hi yall. Sooooooooooo much to read and always so little time, I really enjoy this place, and all of the great advice.

Just wanted if I may, to throw in another great source[in my humble opinion]about a great and very reasonable [all things considered] source of information.

Yall may have already heard of this guy, but thought I would throw it in this pot just in case.

SMI (sound mind investing) has a great newsletter and is not greedy with it's price. You can check him out on the web only selection for less than 10 dollars a month and so far his picks have been tops in my opinion.

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

God bless yall.:^

Rod
04-22-2005, 01:59 AM
sonofthunder wrote:
:)Hi yall. Sooooooooooo much to read and always so little time, I really enjoy this place, and all of the great advice.

Just wanted if I may, to throw in another great source[in my humble opinion]about a great and very reasonable [all things considered] source of information.

Yall may have already heard of this guy, but thought I would throw it in this pot just in case.

SMI (sound mind investing) has a great newsletter and is not greedy with it's price. You can check him out on the web only selection for less than 10 dollars a month and so far his picks have been tops in my opinion.

Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

God bless yall.:^

As long as he doesn't tell me thatI need to tithe.;)

God Bless:^