PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Contribution Question

RealMoneyIssues
05-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Do I need to submit an IFT for my contributions since they go 1/3 to each CSI and I am mostly in G now?

If I sit like this for long, my numbers will be off and the autotracker won't reflect any gains from the couple percent in each of the CSI...

Just curious how I should handle this.

Oh, also, since I don't know when the contribution goes it (it seems to vary) that means I will need to PM the boardmaster each month to enter the IFT after the fact... Thoughts?

Thanks !!

jpcavin
05-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Do I need to submit an IFT for my contributions since they go 1/3 to each CSI and I am mostly in G now?

If I sit like this for long, my numbers will be off and the autotracker won't reflect any gains from the couple percent in each of the CSI...

Oh, also, since I don't know when the contribution goes it (it seems to vary) that means I will need to PM the boardmaster each month to enter the IFT after the fact... Thoughts?

Thanks !!

Are you the once a month contribution type? (i.e. military?)

RealMoneyIssues
05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Are you the once a month contribution type? (i.e. military?)

oops, I thought to mention that, it just didn't make it to my fingers...

Yes (as you know), I am military. :D

Monthly contribution vice civilian bi-monthly contribution... oh, and no matching... sigh :(

Frixxxx
05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
oops, I thought to mention that, it just didn't make it to my fingers...

Yes (as you know), I am military. :D

Monthly contribution vice civilian bi-monthly contribution... oh, and no matching... sigh :(
That's because you get a million dollar annuity when you retire from the military @ 20 years!:cool:

RealMoneyIssues
05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
That's because you get a million dollar annuity when you retire from the military @ 20 years!:cool:

True, but if I figured it right, mine will be about $2.4 mil :D

I will retire at 58

tsptalk
05-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Thanks !!
Don't look at the autotracker as a way to monitor your account balance. We have spreadsheets to help with that (www.tsptalk.com.utilities.html (http://www.tsptalk.com.utilities.html)).

The AutoTracker is just a way to measure your investment decisions compared to other particpants.

Depending on how many IFT's you make a year, the contribution "disruption" to your alloaction varies. If you make 1 ot 2 IFT's per month, the contributions have less of an imapct than if you make 2 IFT's per year, since every time you make an IFT, your entire balance gets reallocated.

I hope that helps.

RealMoneyIssues
05-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Don't look at the autotracker as a way to monitor your account balance. We have spreadsheets to help with that (www.tsptalk.com.utilities.html (http://www.tsptalk.com.utilities.html)).

The AutoTracker is just a way to measure your investment decisions compared to other particpants.

Depending on how many IFT's you make a year, the contribution "disruption" to your alloaction varies. If you make 1 ot 2 IFT's per month, the contributions have less of an imapct than if you make 2 IFT's per year, since every time you make an IFT, your entire balance gets reallocated.

I hope that helps.

Ok, thanks :)

law87
05-03-2011, 11:44 AM
True, but if I figured it right, mine will be about $2.4 mil :D

I will retire at 58

looking at 45 for me :D

RealMoneyIssues
05-03-2011, 12:03 PM
looking at 45 for me :D

I started late... :mad: