PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive

Scout333
05-03-2011, 08:34 AM
New Tom Clancy novel. Released a few weeks ago. Verry interesting! Searching for the world's top terrorist leader who is hiding in plain sight in a mansion in a ritzy neighborhood in the United States. Captured and/or killed by a small elite force. His books hit remarkably close to actual events before they occur.

Steel_Magnolia
05-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I just finished reading it. Excellent book! Seems like the story comes right out of today's headlines in several subplots too.

Viva_La_Migra
05-03-2011, 10:57 AM
New Tom Clancy novel. Released a few weeks ago. Verry interesting! Searching for the world's top terrorist leader who is hiding in plain sight in a mansion in a ritzy neighborhood in the United States. Captured and/or killed by a small elite force. His books hit remarkably close to actual events before they occur.
One of my rough draft novels had OBL hiding in Saudi Arabia down the street from King Khalid Military City. Funny how so many people can come up with similar ideas, and have them come so close to reality.

konakathy
05-11-2011, 01:18 AM

Sounds like a good read. I'll have to stop by the library. Mahalo!

James48843
05-11-2011, 05:08 AM
You know, I always thought Tom Clancy was actually a time traveler who moved forwards and backwards in time, writing novels all along the way....

Scout333
08-02-2011, 09:50 AM
You know, I always thought Tom Clancy was actually a time traveler who moved forwards and backwards in time, writing novels all along the way....
An engineer co-worker of mine was flying into DC a few years ago and was reading a Clancy novel. Fellow passenger leaned over and asked him if the writer was any good. It was Tom Clancy! They had a nice long conversation about current events, Middle East, etc. Excellent writer.