PDA

View Full Version : buying more tomm.

teknobucks
01-04-2005, 03:55 PM
order in for 27c 27 s37i and 9 g.

think this will bottom soon and roar back up 2 new highs.:D

less than another 2-3 % downside.....semis really bled today....bounce very nearby.

JMHO

tekno

retiredcg
01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Tekno -

Sometimes I'm glad I have patience formore ofwait-n-see. The I fund dropped to 15.17 today, and the S has lost 50 cents a share since 30DEC. I hope you're right about roaring back!

Jim

01-05-2005, 07:52 AM
Teko,

Great call on the sell side. Dollar on the way back down and the job report coming out on Friday.

Not to tell you what to do...but it is better to stay in the G fund until that is behind us. You may want to think about that prior to get back into the massive loses people are taking right now.My mantra- it is easy to make money, hard to keep it!

I have been 100% G since 28 December. Like I have been trying to say...it feels like 1999-2000 all over again and do not want to be beated like a rented mule.

Take care Teko!

MT

teknobucks wrote:

less than another 2-3 % downside.....semis really bled today....bounce very nearby.

JMHO

tekno

lookywhatigot@yahoo.com
01-05-2005, 07:56 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Teko,

Great call on the sell side. Dollar on the way back down and the job report coming out on Friday.

Not to tell you what to do...but it is better to stay in the G fund until that is behind us. You may want to think about that prior to get back into the massive loses people are taking right now.My mantra- it is easy to make money, hard to keep it!

I have been 100% G since 28 December. Like I have been trying to say...it feels like 1999-2000 all over again and do not want to be beated like a rented mule.

Take care Teko!

MT

MarketTimer, do you have an account I can follow?

01-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Send me a e-mail. I am going on vacation for about six weeks on Saturday and will be starting a new job after that. Will not be able to post here anymore but will keep in contact with ya via e-mail.

If you read my posts I have been saying some time that 2005 is going to be a down year starting soon after the New Year. The hedge funds are getting crafty and not letting the market run up the first couple weeks of January like they normally do...get ready to hucker down. There will be a bounce in the market around the last week of February...be sure to get out then because after that it gets real ugly.

Now everyone will jump on my back again. If you are not 100% bullish on this board you get slashed and spit on.

lookywhatigot@yahoo.com
01-05-2005, 08:17 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Send me a e-mail. I am going on vacation for about six weeks on Saturday and will be starting a new job after that. Will not be able to post here anymore but will keep in contact with ya via e-mail.

If you read my posts I have been saying some time that 2005 is going to be a down year starting soon after the New Year. The hedge funds are getting crafty and not letting the market run up the first couple weeks of January like they normally do...get ready to hucker down. There will be a bounce in the market around the last week of February...be sure to get out then because after that it gets real ugly.

Now everyone will jump on my back again. If you are not 100% bullish on this board you get slashed and spit on.
Will do, thanks.

tsptalk
01-05-2005, 08:49 AM
MarketTimer wrote:

Ah com'on now MT. That's not completely true. You look further down the road than we do. Were we wrong to be bullish the last six months? I was in defensive mode the 1st half of 2004 and I'm in defensive mode now, but you are right, I'm still bullish overall right now. You've been scaring folks with your bearish talk (notice the avator) since August. But I still like to hear your views.

01-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Trying to be positive...putting money to work today.

Even going to chuck $4k into the IRA today.

If the social security reform passes we want to buy shares now. The Social security reform will add another 10 month run to this overextended bull run....just like march 2003-January 2004.

Do not opt out of social security thou!!!

With the new short roles you have to have 1-5M and have someone on the other side to option trade with so I am "stuck" on the long side....for now!

Thanks for not banning me Tom.

:^

Rod
01-05-2005, 09:01 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
I have been 100% G since 28 December.
Good for you. But it would have been nice to inform everyone you were going 100 G.

This only adds credibility to your posts, before the fact, since anyone can come out andsay they went 100 G before this more recent downturn.

I, too, enjoy hearing what you have to say. But, if you want peeps to begin heeding your advice, you really need to have an active account posting your moves before the fact.

God Bless:^

Rod
01-05-2005, 09:03 AM
MarketTimer wrote:

You were very adament about not funding your IRA in Jan with the rest of the "lemmings", and waiting until August to do so.

Why the change?

Thanx!:^

01-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Tekno,

I was wrong...upon looking at the sell/buy numbers...today should be a great day to get in....not much on either side going on. Everyone is afraid of the job report...according a site that I watch in Costa Rica the job report should come in "over" the 160K estimate.

You are one to watch on this board...that is for sure.I believe this is a small pullback and not a correction and may serveto shake outsome investors out at losesand fuel some futher gains.

So those in the stock funds...wait it out!

If the job report comes in good that will be great then the Pres speech will have people throw money in the market again.

Wildcard is the elections at the end of the month. All wasy something to worry about!

MT

teknobucks wrote:

JMHO

tekno

Rod
01-05-2005, 09:05 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Tekno,

I was wrong...upon looking at the sell/buy numbers...today should be a great day to get in....not much on either side going on.
I hope you're right, 'cause I ditched (I) and went 100 (S).

01-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Rod,

I strongly believe the social security reform will get jammed through. If that happens we will have a repeat of 2003. You would want to have shares at these prices and not the prices after a couple trillion dollars is poured into the market in eight or nine months.

:cool: I know I am wishy washy but I believe social security reform was a back burner topic when I mentioned to hold off...it is the first topic...then 2006 will be the tax reform.

Hope that helps to explain my line of thinking.

Also I am noticing the mutual fund companies are buying the companies that will benefit from social security reform like JP Morgan, bank of America, Wells fargo ,etc

Got to go to work!!!!!!!

Rod wrote:

MarketTimer wrote:

You were very adament about not funding your IRA in Jan with the rest of the "lemmings", and waiting until August to do so.

Why the change?

Thanx!:^

Rod
01-05-2005, 09:10 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Rod,

I strongly believe the social security reform will get jammed through. If that happens we will have a repeat of 2003. You would want to have shares at these prices and not the prices after a couple trillion dollars is poured into the market in eight or nine months.

:cool: I know I am wishy washy but I believe social security reform was a back burner topic when I mentioned to hold off...it is the first topic...then 2006 will be the tax reform.

Hope that helps to explain my line of thinking.

Also I am noticing the mutual fund companies are buying the companies that will benefit from social security reform like JP Morgan, bank of America, Wells fargo ,etc

Got to go to work!!!!!!!

Thanx Tom!:^

01-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Rod,

I was on thin ice of being banned and stayed away for a couple of weeks...Tom had a great chart of up days...when the market is red day after day after day that is a topping situation. I believe the market was down like 7 of the last 8 trading days of December or something like that...when his indicator chart said that each day "should of been" strong.

The Santa Rally happened early and hopefully the Jan effect starts and we get the normal good two weeks here in january..

I strongly believe that we could see green a couple days at least.

The job report "should be" able to bet 150K after they keep lowering the estimate month after month.

take care.

Rod wrote:

MarketTimer wrote:
I have been 100% G since 28 December.
Good for you. But it would have been nice to inform everyone you were going 100 G.

This only adds credibility to your posts, before the fact, since anyone can come out andsay they went 100 G before this more recent downturn.

I, too, enjoy hearing what you have to say. But, if you want peeps to begin heeding your advice, you really need to have an active account posting your moves before the fact.

Rod
01-05-2005, 09:26 AM
MarketTimer wrote:
Rod,

I was on thin ice of being banned and stayed away for a couple of weeks...

Understood. I hope you now have a change of heart, especially if you think you can become an asset to us amateurs.

Mike
01-05-2005, 10:12 AM
For the last time: my (and I'm sure others') issue with you is not your bearish opinion, MT. My issue is that you like to come on here and say where you've been invested rather than where you are going to be invested. In other words, it's impossible to track your moves to see if you have much credibility.

As I mentioned in another thread, I think the two big down days are good in the long term - they probably scared a lot of people out of bullish sentiment and caused them to bail out. I'm not bailing and locking in losses. I see no sense in that. The economic data is still strong. As long as that remains the case and inflation doesn't rage out of control, I think the market still has a few good weeks left in it before it hits those awful late spring /summer doldrums.

teknobucks
01-05-2005, 01:54 PM
just buying the fear....and i plan to sell intoa green spike starting withfri. job #'s ....they will ROCK!!:)

this pullback was needed in a big way....good to see some volitilaty back!!!:^

jmho...."note not in CAPS this time"...LOL

tekno

ps: good buying opp with this one too!: XMSR both the stock and the radios themselves...siri i feel is a bit over extended.

teknobucks
01-05-2005, 01:58 PM
thursday will prob. be the bottom....usually i jump the gun 4 the five yard penalty.

oh well....just buy back in and let the market BOUNCE:)

ou81200
01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Teknobucks---

Do you think we'll get a dead cat bounce after Thursday???

teknobucks
01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
kitty is NOT dead....just a healthy correction.

************by and large a bull market thru 2007:^*************

then GET OUT and stay out...this market is running parallel to the 1929 crash almost to a T!

http://www.zealllc.com/2002/1929.htm

http://www.lowrisk.com/nasdaq-1929.htm

http://www.bullandbearwise.com/TopOverlayChart.asp

http://www.amateur-investors.com/The_Stock_Market_Crash_of_1929.htm

2005 will not be as good as 04 was....still grinding up with cheap $$$.

trading the volitilaty can multiply any " buy and hold " linear returns. the idea Tom has established with this siteshould help enable one to maximize their TSP account

**put your $$$ in front of social change....bush will privatize social security.

we all know the answer to this question "WHERE WILL THOSE KIDS PUT ALL THAT MONEY?"

teknobucks
01-05-2005, 04:34 PM
I use a trading platform named PCA...tracks position costs ( $$ cost avg.)

***********proggy says BUY QQQQ's and SPY's....so i'm in.;)

now if we have a major crash underway....program will cut u up with the falling knives.:s

01-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Tekno,

We got a great NAV base to work with.

My radar screen is a little shorter. I am concerned about the new rules on accounting for stock options on balance sheets. Sniffing around the tech area now.

Investing heavy in UK. Average P/E is 9 and their div yield is around 4%. That is a lot more attractive then 20ish P/Es and div yields of 1.8% here. You have to be Einstein now to read a 6-K anymore on this side of the pond.

teknobucks
01-06-2005, 04:20 PM
justbot a litle bitofutsi today....buy order executed to my surprise.:shock:

check it out all beat up over a earnings warning (BFD):P

cell phones in china........GREAT BUY AND HOLD!!!!:^