PDA

View Full Version : NO FURLOUGH!!!

nasa1974
04-08-2011, 10:19 PM
President just came on a few minutes ago. No furlough for now.

James48843
04-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Don't count your chickens before their hatched.

Two votes yet to take place, and some of the tweets coming out are strange.
One texas R House member just tweeted that there is a deal on DC abortions.

WTF?

Wait and see.

alevin
04-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Furlough postponed til Thursday anyway.

nasa1974
04-08-2011, 10:29 PM
It's a start.

Mapper
04-08-2011, 11:40 PM
After all the up and down of the past week and preparations required for potential shutdown, I'm in need of a vacation. Morale was out in left field yesterday already...now I have endure this BS for another week. They've already blown billions on lost morale and productivity. I think certain congress people just want to remind everyone of the power they hold over the average citizen.

Yes, I know it's an odd first post.

burrocrat
04-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Yes, I know it's an odd first post.

That makes us even then.

merlin
04-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeh, no furlough but We're going to take your retirement and spend it.

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20110405/BENEFITS02/104050306/

James48843
04-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok- the President has now officially signed the deal.

So we have until Thursday.

Now, I wanted to go look and see what was in the actual final bill they voted on at midnight and signed today.

But, you know what? It's not posted on the internet YET.

They voted on it last night, and, despite the rule that says all money bills are supposed to be on the internet for 72 hours before they get voted on..... It STILL isn't on the internet, here, 14 hours AFTER they voted on it.

I guess we'll just have to pass the bill in order to see what's in it.

PessOptimist
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Ok- the President has now officially signed the deal.

So we have until Thursday.

Now, I wanted to go look and see what was in the actual final bill they voted on at midnight and signed today.

But, you know what? It's not posted on the internet YET.

They voted on it last night, and, despite the rule that says all money bills are supposed to be on the internet for 72 hours before they get voted on..... It STILL isn't on the internet, here, 14 hours AFTER they voted on it.

I guess we'll just have to pass the bill in order to see what's in it.

Jim, did you find that bill on the internet yet? A lot of us are depending on you to find and post it.

Show-me
04-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Sounds like the King and his Court can do what ever in the hell they want to do and you Surfs need to shut up and know your place. They will post what they want when they want because they are the law of the land. :sick:

poolman
04-10-2011, 10:22 AM
A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country
~~~
Well, there's a very simple answer.
~~~
Nobody bothered to check the oil.
~~~
We just didn't know we were getting low.
~~~
The reason for that is purely geographical.
~~~
Our OIL is located in:
~~~
ALASKA
~~~
California
~~~
Coastal Florida
~~~
Coastal Louisiana
~~~
North Dakota
~~~
Wyoming
~~~
Colorado
~~~
Kansas
~~~
Oklahoma
~~~
Pennsylvania
And
Texas
~~~
Our dipsticks are located in DC.................

Any Questions? NO? Didn't think So.

law87
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
Our OIL is located in:
~~~
ALASKA
~~~
California
~~~
Coastal Florida
~~~
Coastal Louisiana
~~~
North Dakota
~~~
Wyoming
~~~
Colorado
~~~
Kansas
~~~
Oklahoma
~~~
Pennsylvania
And
Texas
~~~

:laugh::laugh::laugh: LMAO

Boghie
04-10-2011, 11:45 AM
The Furloughs or lockouts will begin next month:p

Congress has to vote itself a higher debt ceiling. There are enough votes in the House to make that vote very tough. My guess is that the spending cutbacks demanded will flesh out the $100 billion dollar promise made by the rookies in the House. And, it will be easier for them to demand it since the $40 billion dollar cut WILL NOT BE FELT by the customer - namely the tax paying citizen. We are so fat we will not feel the cut. Jabba the Hut.

And, after that cut isn't felt we get to deal with Congressman Ryan's 'Path To Prosperity'. Government did not trim during our very own depression. Government thought it could ride it out. In fact, the Feds bloated. Gubmint at all levels 'Market Timed'. Guessed wrong...

Folks, this is going to be a cr@ppy year to be in the Federal government.

Same with being a State employee in the bluest of blue states.

Same with being a City employee in Enron by the Sea.

Anyone want to hold a TSPTalk Get Together in DC - yuk, yuk:p

Steel_Magnolia
04-10-2011, 12:35 PM
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
~~~
Our OIL is located in:
~~~
ALASKA......

So funny. So true! Rep points for you.

James48843
04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Jim, did you find that bill on the internet yet? A lot of us are depending on you to find and post it.

Yeh- I found it.

Here it is- this is what was signed as a temporary "I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today" extension to limp us through until Friday this week:

H.R.1363 -- Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011 (Enrolled Bill [Final as Passed Both House and Senate] - ENR)
--H.R.1363--
H.R.1363

One Hundred Twelfth Congress
of the
United States of America

AT THE FIRST SESSION Begun and held at the City of Washington on Wednesday,
the fifth day of January, two thousand and eleven

An Act
Making appropriations for the Department of Defense for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2011, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

Section 1. The Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 (Public Law 111-242) is further amended--

(1) by striking the date specified in section 106(3) and inserting `April 15, 2011';

(2) by adding after section 294, as added by the Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011 (section 1 of Public Law 112-6), the following new sections:

`Sec. 295. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for `Department of Transportation--Office of the Secretary--Transportation Planning, Research, and Development' at a rate for operations of $9,800,000.

`Sec. 296. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for `Department of Transportation--Federal Aviation Administration--Facilities and Equipment' at a rate for operations of $2,927,500,000.

`Sec. 297. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for `Department of Transportation--Federal Aviation Administration--Research, Engineering, and Development' at a rate for operations of $187,000,000.

`Sec. 298. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for `Department of Transportation--Federal Railroad Administration--Capital Assistance for High Speed Rail Corridors and Intercity Passenger Rail Service' at a rate for operations of $1,000,000,000.

`Sec. 299. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for `Department of Transportation--Federal Railroad Administration--Railroad Research and Development' at a rate for operations of $35,100,000.

`Sec. 300. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for `Department of Transportation--Federal Transit Administration--Capital Investment Grants' at a rate for operations of $1,720,000,000.

`Sec. 301. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for `Department of Transportation--Federal Transit Administration--Research and University Research Centers' at a rate for operations of $64,200,000.

`Sec. 302. Notwithstanding section 101, amounts are provided for `Department of Housing and Urban Development--Public and Indian Housing--Public Housing Operating Fund' at a rate for operations of $4,626,000,000.

`Sec. 303. Notwithstanding sections 101 and 226, amounts are provided for `Department of Housing and Urban Development--Community Planning and Development--Community Development Fund' at a rate for operations of $4,230,068,480, of which $0 shall be for grants for the Economic Development Initiative (EDI), $0 shall be for neighborhood initiatives, and $0 shall be for grants specified in the last proviso of the last paragraph under such heading in title II of division A of Public Law 111-117: Provided, That the second and third paragraphs under such heading in title II of division A of Public Law 111-117 shall not apply to funds appropriated by this Act.'.

This Act may be cited as the `Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011'.

Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Vice President of the United States and
President of the Senate.

That's all.

It basically extends until April 15th, 2011. (Friday).

and cuts some other expenses, as described above.