PDA

View Full Version : Folio Investing ??

RealMoneyIssues
04-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Has anyone heard of these folks? I saw the link from NFCU and was curious...
https://www.folioinvesting.com/index.jsp

Thanks !!

GEW
01-26-2012, 04:44 AM
Has anyone heard of these folks? I saw the link from NFCU and was curious...
https://www.folioinvesting.com/index.jsp

Thanks !!

I came across this today and nobody responded about this? I use them and I like it very much. I chose the unlimited plan. I can buy as many stocks I want in a Folio (folder of stocks) and move in and out as much as I want. No fees, no commissions! I saw someone here at one of the forums and listed a group of ticker symbols they were interested in. There were twenty of them. I put them in a paper trade (not real money) and did very well. I moved them into the real money trade and making good money. If you invested with "Scottrade" for $7.00 a trade, it would of cost $7.00 X 20 stocks = $140.00 to buy + $140.00 to sell....=$280.00 (cost to trade). It would cost only $290.00 a year unlimited at "FolioInvesting.com". I do a lot more trading than just that one Folio of twenty. You can do 100+ if you like...
They also have "Ready To Go Folios" that they manage and I have some of those as well...
You can actually join them and do paper trading (FREE) for a while and when you feel comfortable using them, you can move your money into them. I moved my Roth, IRA Rollover accounts into "Folio Investing". I like this way of buying ETFs, Stocks, Mutual Funds....;)

RealMoneyIssues
01-26-2012, 05:20 AM
I came across this today and nobody responded about this? I use them and I like it very much. I chose the unlimited plan. I can buy as many stocks I want in a Folio (folder of stocks) and move in and out as much as I want. No fees, no commissions! I saw someone here at one of the forums and listed a group of ticker symbols they were interested in. There were twenty of them. I put them in a paper trade (not real money) and did very well. I moved them into the real money trade and making good money. If you invested with "Scottrade" for $7.00 a trade, it would of cost $7.00 X 20 stocks = $140.00 to buy + $140.00 to sell....=$280.00 (cost to trade). It would cost only $290.00 a year unlimited at "FolioInvesting.com". I do a lot more trading than just that one Folio of twenty. You can do 100+ if you like...
They also have "Ready To Go Folios" that they manage and I have some of those as well...
You can actually join them and do paper trading (FREE) for a while and when you feel comfortable using them, you can move your money into them. I moved my Roth, IRA Rollover accounts into "Folio Investing". I like this way of buying ETFs, Stocks, Mutual Funds....;)

I had COMPLETELY forgot about this. It is fascinating and I appreciate you taking the time to help me understand it.

Do you get a referral if I use them?

Have a great day!!

bmneveu
01-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Hmm now I'm interested :)

I use NFCU.. Whats their affiliation?

RealMoneyIssues
01-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Hmm now I'm interested :)

I use NFCU.. Whats their affiliation?

This was in April last year so I don't remember. It could have been an ad or something under their financial management information pages. That was about the time I was looking around for where to transfer my IRAs to. I ended up going with USAA, no regrets so far for basic trades... Now looking for a better broker so that I can manage my trades better (IOW, so I can have more than one order at a time on a single stock).

Frixxxx
02-14-2014, 03:47 AM
Motifinvesting.com

Anybody done research on this?

Apparently, you not only make money on the commodities, but also if your motif is grabbed and changed.....

I am researching, but want to see if others have insight.

tsptalk
02-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Interesting concept.