PDA

View Full Version : FF Crashing

JTH
02-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Just an FYI, twice my Firefox has crashed while attempting to post an attachment in my thread. It happened yesterday and today. All other web connectivity appears to be working fine.

tsptalk
03-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Just an FYI, twice my Firefox has crashed while attempting to post an attachment in my thread. It happened yesterday and today. All other web connectivity appears to be working fine.
Any problems since the upgrade late Friday?

FAB1
03-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Dont post with the word CRASH in the title when its only about Firefox

Please JTH - Think of my heart!!

See how much I look up to youre commentary. : )

JTH
03-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Any problems since the upgrade late Friday?

Thanks Tom, known so far, although I haven't been posting as much as usual.

JTH
03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Perhaps an interesting note: My FF browser installed a stability & security update today.

driz
03-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I have used FF exclusively for many years with almost zero problems in any sense. Lately like a couple months ago it began crashing. At first I didn't even take it for what it was as I had seen a crash so few times in these many years. It's gotten a lot better the last couple weeks except for one particular web site, (tsp.gov). What in the world is the magic there, the security ??? It will always let me log into my account but there is inevitably a 50 / 50 chance that somewhere during the fund swap sequence it will suddenly without warning crash. Bang, right straight back to the desktop. It did it to me today again right in the middle of making a trade at 11:50 so at least for now I will just switch to the dreaded IE to make my trades.
I loathe IE-8. When we got it at work everything went spastic and some things linger many months later. Just yesterday I saw Kim Kommando had a rave review that spoke very highly of the new IE-9 and all it's wonderful new features. Anyone have any grand comments here? I used to love my Firefox but it might be time to say goodbye.

Frixxxx
03-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Google Chrome!

Steel_Magnolia
03-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I've been a FF user for many years, quit using IE because of its security problems. I started having FF crashes right after the latest and greatest (?!) version installed itself. I'm not familiar with Chrome but if Frixxxx uses sit that's quite a recommendation.

Anyone else have an opinion on it?

And does it have a way to port Bookmark Lists without having to put each address in manually?

ArchAngel
03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
I started to have FF issues a few weeks ago as well. I saw a couple of people here try out Chrome and liked it so I figured why not? I'm a believer!!! Chrome is awesome and is now my default browser. Much faster than FF and a simpler GUI. And yes, it did import all my bookmarks during the install process.

Give it a shot. Worst case is you don't like it, then uninstall.

Intrepid_Timer
03-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Is this new version of FF the one I saw them talking about on Bloomberg yesterday? They were saying it's much faster?

ArchAngel
03-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Is this new version of FF the one I saw them talking about on Bloomberg yesterday? They were saying it's much faster?
Now that you mention it, no. I just checked the version I have and it's FF 3.6. I did the update to FF 4.0 and it seems to run very well. It also seems to have taken some que's from Chrome by putting their tabs on the top of the screen and the bookmarks icon on the far right. Gonna have to play with it a bit to see which I prefer now.

Handballer
03-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Google Chrome!

I use it daily. Its wonderful :D.

Steel_Magnolia
03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
CNET review of FF 4.0 says:

"...In hands-on experiences, one of the best performance differences between Firefox 3.6 and the current version is that Firefox 4 crashes far, far less. That's due in no small part to improvements made to the plug-in crash protection, which prevents plug-ins like Adobe Flash, Apple QuickTime, and Microsoft Silverlight from dropping the browser dead. If one of them crashes, simply reload the page...."

http://download.cnet.com/mozilla-firefox/?tag=main;productListing