PDA

View Full Version : New Server

tsptalk
02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
TSP Talk will be upgrading one of its servers over the next week. I'm hoping that this will be as transparent as possible as far as downtime goes. They usually schedule this type of work overnight, but not always.

This upgrade should eliminate the recent slowdowns and downtime we've experienced during the peak message board periods (10 AM ET and 12:00 noon ET) and occasionally during off-peak times.

Thanks for your patience!

Frixxxx
02-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Good news Tom,

Thanks for the heads up....

Had 5 days on Navy, 2 days Air Force, 5 days back on Navy

I'm taking all three days off this weekend! including the boards!

So after tomorrow, I AM OUTTA HERE!

Every one else...be patient and everything will be right as rain!

Thanks again Tom!:cool:

Steel_Magnolia
02-17-2011, 03:43 PM
TSP Talk will be upgrading one of its servers over the next week. ...
Thanks for your patience!
Thank you for all your hard work. This site is maybe the best of it's kind, and we're grateful that you do so much work behind the scenes so that our hair-pulling is at a minimum.

GL with the server switch! <crossing fingers>

Bquat
02-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Treat the East Coast to brunch and give the servers a break.:laugh:

Thanks for the hard work!

nasa1974
02-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Tom you are terrific. :D

tsptalk
02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone!

We're no Google, or Apple, but it's been a wonderful growth story. We started on a shared server in 2004 (sharing a server with other websites) then moved to a dedicated server (just us on one server). We upgraded to a larger more powerful server a of couple years later.

We then added a 2nd server so I could move the AutoTracker onto its own server (some AT optimization problems caused the whole site to slow down so I moved it). And now we've apparently outgrown the server holding the message board.

Despite the temporary inconvenience, these are good problems to have. :D

pmcint01
02-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Wow, that's great!

Handballer
02-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks Tom. You do so much for us.