PDA

View Full Version : Make Sure You Can Login to AT

tsptalk
01-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Attention AutoTracker Members:

I did a ton of work on the AutoTracker this weekend and I've had 3 people tell me that they cannot login. Not good.

I was able to login as one of those users so I know the account is OK, but its possible something happened to a cookie setting on our PC's.

Please try to login to your account and see if you are having any problems. If you can't login, try to delete your temporary internet files and / or cookies, then try again.

In Internet Explorer, go to:
> Tools
> Internet Options
- Depending on your version of IE, there are different ways to delete the temporary internet files and/or cookies in that area.

Please report any problem here including what you see, error message, etc.

Thanks!

Bquat
01-30-2011, 09:58 PM
:DGood to go

Steel_Magnolia
01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
It works for me now. I didn't have to do anything to my PC either. Strange, but as long as it works that's all that counts. After I logged into my AT account, the bottom of the screen showed the other IFTs of the day. Nice touch.

Thanks for doing my IFT to ensure it got done, Tom! :cool:

Maggie

JTH
01-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Login works fine, tracker only loads correctly up to slot 194. Renaming IT's subscribers is annoying at best, futile if you don't hide the recent IFT page. What am I supposed to think when I see 30+ SP Subscribers moving all at once? :D

crws
01-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Same for me- ok up to 193, a blank 194 with somebody's data, then the table goes away and it's text to the bottom:

I'm good with logging in

tsptalk
01-31-2011, 01:00 AM
Which page ends at member 193? http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php ??

I'm not seeing that. ?? I am using Internet Explorer. You?

tsptalk
01-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Which page ends at member 193? http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php ??

I just tried Firefox and now I see what you see. I will check on that. Thanks.

Bquat
01-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Logged in and saw me and complete list. Internet Exployer

tsptalk
01-31-2011, 02:02 AM
Yeah, IE looks good. There's something strange going on with Firefox. When I view the source code in FF it looks fine. Weird.

Does anyone use Google Chrome? Is this page comleting or messing up record #194?
http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php

Thanks

jdphx
01-31-2011, 02:58 AM
Does anyone use Google Chrome? Is this page comleting or messing up record #194?

Thanks

Chrome looks fine!!!!

FAB1
01-31-2011, 06:36 AM
Login works fine, tracker only loads correctly up to slot 194. Renaming IT's subscribers is annoying at best, futile if you don't hide the recent IFT page. What am I supposed to think when I see 30+ SP Subscribers moving all at once? :D

If you feel guilty, repent. And make restitution - pay the $20! :D

pokerstar629
01-31-2011, 07:09 AM
FireFox and Safari shows the same page with about 35 "PS subscribers" with blank information. I haven't tried Chrome yet.

Cyberzen
01-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Hope this gets fixed :confused:

Tracker wouldn't work all weekend and it's not usable yet today. I deleted history and cookies - no help. I have IE8, VISTA, 4G Ram and over 2G speed dual core. Tracker is the only site I have problems with but it's a big problem ... it hangs explorer completely. Only difference today is that I can actually log in but then I have to wait a long time while the software stops responding and glazes over if I want to scroll beyond the first page. Not good!

Also, I can understand blocking allocation information for premium subscribers but I don't understand blocking their user id's and %age ranking. You haven't blocked out mine yet tho I am now a premium subscriber .. and I hope you don't block my name and standing. I like to search on my name and see where I fall amd where others land in the list each day. I would prefer you not obliterate the identity of all the premium subscribers; I know I don't want mine to meld into the collective.

Thanks in advance ...

ArchAngel
01-31-2011, 08:42 AM
I would prefer you not obliterate the identity of all the premium subscribers; I know I don't want mine to meld into the collective.
Resistance is futile...:cheesy:

FAB1
01-31-2011, 08:55 AM
The tracker is loading fast/working great for me - Internet Exploder 7.0

JTH
01-31-2011, 09:06 AM
Yes I am a pesky Fire Fox user, and this isn't the first time the tracker hasn't loaded correctly. I've never said anything before because I wasn't at the bottom of the tracker so it wasn't a problem. :D

Now it is a problem :(

crws
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM

hmmm, FF 3.5.7
I'll try Opera...
All good for Opera 11.01
All good for IE 6

burrocrat
01-31-2011, 09:54 AM
If you feel guilty, repent. And make restitution - pay the $20! :D

congratulations to the PS club on your new found anonyminity.

you didn't have to sign a non-disclosure agreement did you? it could get pretty quiet around here if that many aren't allowed to pontificate on market developments.

sure, protect $20 of intellectual property, just hope it doesn't stifle invaluable intellectual potential in the process.

go ahead, get your grubby little hands on an extra percent or two, welcome to the machene.

wwwtractor
01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
At member 195 the table format goes into a centered text mode.

194 Weather_n_Leather (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/../tracker/tsp_user_record_show.php?user=Weather_n_Leather) 1.11% -1.75% 0 0 5 5 30 30 30 0 0 0 0 0 2011-01-01

sjbittle1 (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/../tracker/tsp_user_record_show.php?user=sjbittle1)

tsptalk
01-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks. I assume you are using Firefox?

At member 195 the table format goes into a centered text mode.

194 Weather_n_Leather (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/../tracker/tsp_user_record_show.php?user=Weather_n_Leather) 1.11% -1.75% 0 0 5 5 30 30 30 0 0 0 0 0 2011-01-01

sjbittle1 (http://www.tsptalk.com/mb/../tracker/tsp_user_record_show.php?user=sjbittle1)

nnuut
01-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Just paged through everything and it looks good IE8!:)

JTH
01-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks. I assume you are using Firefox?

I get the same error as Tractor and I am using the latest edition of FF. No biggy I'll just have to climb up the tracker so it won't bother me anymore...

Cyberzen
01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Chrome works.

IE8 still just hangs if I want to view members standing or allocations (even after deleting all history, exiting IE8, restarting).

Really wish you'd go back to showing the real user id's for members instead of assigning a collective name. I'm actually considering cancelling premium if it means my handle must be blocked. Again, I fully understand cloaking allocation info ... just see no value added for the name cloaking.

wwwtractor
01-31-2011, 11:06 AM
It appears that Firefox on my iMac is the only program having this problem. Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer have no problem. It is something unique to Firefox 3.6.13 version here.

Intrepid_Timer
01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
I had been using Firefox for a couple years now, but I recently decided to give Chrome a try. Browsing on my aircard is actually MUCH faster now, for whatever reason.....................

tsptalk
01-31-2011, 11:37 AM
A friend of mine uses Chrome and he says it crashes a couple times a day. I don't know how he can deal with that, but he is a Google fan so he thinks they'll get it fixed.

Intrepid_Timer
01-31-2011, 12:51 PM
A friend of mine uses Chrome and he says it crashes a couple times a day. I don't know how he can deal with that, but he is a Google fan so he thinks they'll get it fixed.

No troubles in a week.................I like that you can keep some of your bookmark tabs on the browser page.

ArchAngel
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Firefox = Bad after #194
IE = Hangs forever loading the autotracker, but everything can be viewed.

david.alan.williams
01-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Chrome works.

IE8 still just hangs if I want to view members standing or allocations (even after deleting all history, exiting IE8, restarting).

Really wish you'd go back to showing the real user id's for members instead of assigning a collective name. I'm actually considering cancelling premium if it means my handle must be blocked. Again, I fully understand cloaking allocation info ... just see no value added for the name cloaking.

I agree with you. I understand blocking the allocations but not the names. That has been one of the fun parts of this website; the auto tracker. Why, after all these years, start doing that? Premiun Service has been around for a while but with no name blocking. I guess there will be a $5.00 monthly premium just to unhide the names..LOL

Sign_Stealer
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
I think calling subscribers "PS Subscriber" detracts from this site. I like to watch others and get familiar with names, and learn more about them by reading their posts. I don't know and I don't care who's a PS Subscriber. Plus, there are now 5 premium services, right? So not only do I not know if another person subscribes to a service I also don't have any idea which one.

I think it's part of the fun to see everyone's name and allocation, but blocking the actual services' allocations, as it used to be up until last week. I can make a guess as to who's on the move each afternoon. Again, I never had any idea in the past whether a person was a subscriber or not.

I am also getting "hang up" problems with the complete list using my IE.

KevinD
01-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Hangs up completely with a "not responding" at the top. IE8

Intrepid_Timer
01-31-2011, 05:34 PM
If you are having fun with the tracker, then you probably aren't mimicking what you are doing with your actual TSP funds, which is what the tracker was originally set up for. Unless of course you are having fun with your retirement money........:blink:

KevinD
01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Deleted all temp files, cookies and such. Took longer than I thought it would. :blink: Tried the tracker again and it's still hanging my computer up.

Not responding...

Frixxxx
01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Spybot (It's free)...no problems @ home or work.....

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

I'd get hijackthis too!

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Make sure you're clean before pointing the finger!:cool:

Sign_Stealer
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
I noticed that the time of a posting now reflects my local time, I think. I like it, but it will take some getting used to ;-)

Boghie
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Tom,

I have been having serious 'lockup' problems and am using IE8 on plain vanilla hardware with XP (kinda ancient...).

Anyway, I can guarantee a lockup by placing the cursor in the new ‘Find Member’ textbox. My browser locks (IE consuming ~50% of my CPU) when I type my first letter.

As an aside, I was having a similar problem with the ‘IFT of the Day’ browse. Those problems went away in less than a week. My guess is you found something.

My guess is that the code you are using to check and replace names and allocations for those following subscriptions is either slow and/or doesn’t complete a loop. The problem feels client side. Maybe JavaScript… Maybe a hanging AJAX request… Doesn’t sound like fun. The debuggers for stuff like that are weak at best. Like the bad old days of programming. Yuk…

burrocrat
01-31-2011, 08:04 PM
by placing the cursor in the new ‘Find Member’

well there you go, that's what you get for spying (and for not upgrading).

don't you know code = karma, it will kick your behind, everytime.

grandma
01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Also, I can understand blocking allocation information for premium subscribers but I don't understand blocking their user id's and %age ranking. You haven't blocked out mine yet tho I am now a premium subscriber .. and I hope you don't block my name and standing. I like to search on my name and see where I fall amd where others land in the list each day. I would prefer you not obliterate the identity of all the premium subscribers; I know I don't want mine to meld into the collective. ...
Try finding your name when you are NOT signed into 'talk....
-then sign into the premium service forum & pages to read this same thinking chat ... Several have stated keep names in the open...

grandma
01-31-2011, 10:59 PM
congratulations to the PS club on your new found anonyminity.
you didn't have to sign a non-disclosure agreement did you? it could get pretty quiet around here if that many aren't allowed to pontificate on market developments.
sure, protect $20 of intellectual property, just hope it doesn't stifle invaluable intellectual potential in the process.
go ahead, get your grubby little hands on an extra percent or two, welcome to the machine.
Careful - you may not know what you are talking about :cheesy: !
Have you extra Get Out Of Jail Free cards? - stifling valuable potentials
pretty serious, but Invaluable could be worthy of bar time ! ;)

poolman
02-01-2011, 08:13 AM
I really have not had time to see what is going on with the tracker but I'm not able to use it.

When I go into member's returns and analysis and try to scroll it doesn't. It just lock's up my computer.

I'm using IE8, and Windows XP.

Plenty of resources on computer. But like I said AT is unusable. :(

tsptalk
02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm working on it. I'm not sure why it just started having problems, but I think the list is getting too long and I will have to break it up in seperate pages.

The rest of the AT should beworking, IFT's, etc.

It's always something. :D

ArchAngel
02-01-2011, 10:13 AM
...I think the list is getting too long and I will have to break it up in seperate pages...
If that's the case then that just speaks volumes on the success and popularity of the site! Thanks for your hard work on this issue, we all know you'll get it hammered out.

Birchtree
02-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Someday soon Tom will admit that he's working harder for himself than he did when working for his Uncle. And the rewards will be greater - good favor towards entrepreneurship.

tsptalk
02-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Someday soon Tom will admit that he's working harder for himself than he did when working for his Uncle. And the rewards will be greater - good favor towards entrepreneurship.
Your're right. Some days I work 15 hours or more, and some only about 4 - depends what's going on. This week and last month have been busy for sure. Getting the AT ready for the new year is a chore, but implementing a new Premium at the same time was double trouble. It will slow down in a few days once everyone is settled into their services, and I get the tracker back in order.

My uncle (Sam) never made me work this hard, but you are right - I also enjoy programming a returns tracker a lot more than processing IRS underreporter data. :)

KevinD
02-01-2011, 11:07 AM
There seems to be a trend with XP and IE8.

tsptalk
02-01-2011, 03:38 PM
I really have not had time to see what is going on with the tracker but I'm not able to use it.

When I go into member's returns and analysis and try to scroll it doesn't. It just lock's up my computer.

I'm using IE8, and Windows XP.

Plenty of resources on computer. But like I said AT is unusable. :(
Giv'er a go. I think I have a good work-around now. I had to break up the data in pages.

MrBowl
02-01-2011, 04:20 PM
It seems to work great. Thanks for all of the hard work.

tsptalk
02-01-2011, 04:32 PM
It seems to work great. Thanks for all of the hard work.
YW! :)

KevinD
02-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Less than 400 more hits and the tracker will have half a million views. :D

ArchAngel
02-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Works fine with Firefox now, good job! One suggestion, would a "NEXT" button or page number links at the bottom be something you'd want to look at doing instead of inputting ranking numbers? Kinda like what's at the bottom of each multi-page thread.

Intrepid_Timer
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Hmmm, only does down to #100 now with Google Chrome...............:nuts:

KevinD
02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Works fine with Firefox now, good job! One suggestion, would a "NEXT" button or page number links at the bottom be something you'd want to look at doing instead of inputting ranking numbers? Kinda like what's at the bottom of each multi-page thread.

+1 .

Intrepid_Timer
02-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Oh! Um, Intrepid_Timer would like to recall his previous message.............:p

tsptalk
02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
:eek: Is there a pagination expert in the house? :D

I'll look into that as it was my intention to do something like along those lines, but it's tougher than you might think. I tried several options and this was the quick / workable band-aid that I finally came up with.

poolman
02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
:eek: Is there a pagination expert in the house? :D

I'll look into that as it was my intention to do something like along those lines, but it's tougher than you might think. I tried several options and this was the quick / workable band-aid that I finally came up with.

Nice Fix Tom! :)

You turned a serious problem into a problem that could be considered not a problem now. I'm fine with the Fix and consider it fixed.

Thanks!

Handballer
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
The only problem I have with the tracker now is that I am not in the top 100:mad:.

tsptalk
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
The only problem I have with the tracker now is that I am not in the top 100:mad:.
Interesting. We now have a new goal - to make it on the front page! :)

david.alan.williams
02-01-2011, 09:29 PM

There you go!!

FAB1
02-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Looks like Tom has changed the tracker to a multi-page format. it Sux!

I do not like it one bit, rather be able to scroll the whole tracker.

SteveTSP
02-02-2011, 08:18 AM

I agree with you completely. As I stated over the last several days why I wanted the least amount of change to the message board for the new IT service (which I am a paying member of). I normally have my spreadsheets pull off member results each morning which took me 10 minutes instead of 10 seconds. Maybe this is an item in transition but the 100 limitation to view is a setback for me. I hope this improves, but I gave up wishing for positive improvements for the majority of the members of this message board. On the other hand, I know that Tom is working hard to make it right but I think this is going in the wrong direction for the message board in general.

tsptalk
02-02-2011, 08:55 AM

I agree with you completely. As I stated over the last several days why I wanted the least amount of change to the message board for the new IT service (which I am a paying member of). I normally have my spreadsheets pull off member results each morning which took me 10 minutes instead of 10 seconds. Maybe this is an item in transition but the 100 limitation to view is a setback for me. I hope this improves, but I gave up wishing for positive improvements for the majority of the members of this message board. On the other hand, I know that Tom is working hard to make it right but I think this is going in the wrong direction for the message board in general.

Thanks for the feedback, but come on. Did you prefer the the AutoTracker version that freezes because it had gotten too large for a browser?

I unblocked the names on the AT because of the complaints and I fixed the page freeze because the page is too large and too much info for a browser. What do you want from me?

FAB1
02-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Tom it wasnt freezing in my browser, even my cell phone could load it.
Maybe you should just have two versions and a link to the original one?
Yeah I like that.

You cant please everyone...so you gotta please yourself. Alright now..

tsptalk
02-02-2011, 09:18 AM
The second link may work.

In IE the full list did display but freezes when you click within the browser. And of course Firefox was dying after 190+ records.

I'll look into a small inconspicuous link for those who want the whole thing on one page. I'm impressed that your cell phone had enough memory. :)

For now - here is a link you can use to see the full listing: www.tsp_user_balance_all_full.php (http://www.tsp_user_balance_all_full.php)

FAB1
02-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I think its a handheld computer first and the phone part was added as an afterthought.

Thanks Tom for hearing all of us and unswerving attention to detail

SteveTSP
02-02-2011, 09:51 AM
The second link may work.

In IE the full list did display but freezes when you click within the browser. And of course Firefox was dying after 190+ records.

Tom, Thanks for all of the work getting the page to work for everyone. I have been using IE for a long time wthout any issues. I was just trying to say that it wasn't broke for me and I used the full list effectively in my daily routine. OBTW, your temp link to the full list did not work for me and I wanted to pass that along.
Steve

grandma
02-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Tom, Thanks for all of the work getting the page to work for everyone.
... OBTW, your temp link to the full list did not work for me and I wanted to pass that along.
Steve

sorry, Tom, not working here either....

tsptalk
02-02-2011, 12:54 PM
For now - here is a link you can use to see the full listing: www.tsp_user_balance_all_full.php (http://www.tsp_user_balance_all_full.php)
Doh! http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all_full.php

The link is now also posted on the bottom of the other page (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php).

SteveTSP
02-02-2011, 01:26 PM

The link is now also posted on the bottom of the other page (http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php).

Tom,
The link at the bottom of the page worked great from my IE this afternoon. Really appreciate going the extra mile to make this available.
Steve

tsptalk
02-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Tom,
The link at the bottom of the page worked great from my IE this afternoon. Really appreciate going the extra mile to make this available.
Steve
I wonder if the "freezing" is related to PC memory? The page loads fine for me, but once I click on the page anywhere, it freezes.

Do you know how much RAM (memory) you have on your PC?

Of course it looks like it dies in all Firefox browsers, so I don't know what that is.

Thanks

SteveTSP
02-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I wonder if the "freezing" is related to PC memory? The page loads fine for me, but once I click on the page anywhere, it freezes.

Do you know how much RAM (memory) you have on your PC?

Of course it looks like it dies in all Firefox browsers, so I don't know what that is.

Thanks

Tom,
I have 2.95 GB of RAM. I can click anywhere on the page and off it goes to the next page as commanded. I normally only highlight the table and paste into a spreadsheet but I tried this afternoon to have it lockup and it did not. The full page worked great and normally, I just have to wait until the entire table loads which can be a few seconds to a minute based on internet traffice. Sorry that I can not help isolate the problem that others are seeing but my computer with 3 GB of RAM works great with IE 7. This page has worked well for me and I use everyday it to feed my excel spreadsheets for my daily routine.
Thanks for trying so hard, Steve
Thanks, Steve

KevinD
02-02-2011, 04:38 PM

I'm not having the freezing issues with the link at the bottom of the 100 count page. Is this the same page that was freezing up my computer or is it different some how? :confused: And I only have 1gb ram...

tsptalk
02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm not having the freezing issues with the link at the bottom of the 100 count page. Is this the same page that was freezing up my computer or is it different some how? :confused: And I only have 1gb ram...
Yes, the one that shows all members on one page was causing problems for several people, including myself, in both IE and FireFox.

If you have FireFox the problem shows up just before record #200. With IE, some are having the screen freeze on them. I had problems with both.

I did some research and the universal recommendation was to break down large data pages into multiple pages when this happens.

nnuut
02-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I have 8 Gigs of RAM, IE8 and no problems with the page.:confused:

tsptalk
02-02-2011, 05:26 PM
8? RAM hog! :D

nnuut
02-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I want 12:)

Handballer
02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm satified with it. I know it took a massive amount to work to show the entire list on one page.

Good work Tom. Thanks:D

Handballer
02-02-2011, 05:43 PM
See #76. I use Windows Visa. Smooth flow to the end of list.

EWB!
02-02-2011, 07:20 PM
:(When the webmaster decided to only show the top 100 it became almost ridiculous and very frustrating to find my friends and to keep track of their numbers so you can find them, as is now required! This was supposed to be fun and interesting, maybe a bit of a friendly competition among your friends. This is a great site, but is becoming too cumbersome to utilize.

When you click on the show all at the bottom of the top 100, you can't sort by name to scroll down to yours or your friend's ID, why? The list sorts for the top 100 names at this point and you are left wondering still.

The person in charge should really think before implementing such a bad algorithm! Does it hurt anything to show all right up front? Or, do you just want to make more work for your users? Keep making it difficult to use and you will not have a site.

Intrepid_Timer
02-02-2011, 07:24 PM
:(When the webmaster decided to only show the top 100 it became almost ridiculous and very frustrating to find my friends and to keep track of their numbers so you can find them, as is now required! This was supposed to be fun and interesting, maybe a bit of a friendly competition among your friends. This is a great site, but is becoming too cumbersome to utilize.

When you click on the show all at the bottom of the top 100, you can't sort by name to scroll down to yours or your friend's ID, why? The list sorts for the top 100 names at this point and you are left wondering still.

The person in charge should really think before implementing such a bad algorithm! Does it hurt anything to show all right up front? Or, do you just want to make more work for your users? Keep making it difficult to use and you will not have a site.

Whuuuuuuttttt????? :blink:

ArchAngel
02-02-2011, 07:25 PM
You're kidding, right?

grandma
02-02-2011, 07:32 PM
you might like to read posts about the problems before jumping to any conclusions; such as forming/voicing opinions such as:
decided to only...
You might also offer the names of the different softwares that are so comprehensive they will not cause problems when the Webmaster is trying to fix sudden-appearing glitches.... like adding just one more newbie tracker to the roll.
I am curious as to the amount you contribute toward the Webmaster's pay - quite obviously it must be bucoos bigger than the rest of us !

Sign_Stealer
02-02-2011, 07:43 PM
At the bottom of the first 100 there's a small window. type in a number and it will show you the next 100 starting at that number. This was a temporary fix to a very tough problem and it took Tom lots of time and curse words to accomplish (I imagine)

Now I see that there's a link below that window where you can see the whole list at once, with the warning that the file is getting really huge and it may lock up your pc. I tried it today and the whole thing loaded as quick or quicker than it did prior to the problems.

Its easy to get frustrated and jump to conclusions. It takes awhile to learn how to dig around here for info to answer your question before you post a comment, but its worth the effort.

KevinD
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM

I guess I spoke too soon. Just tried it again and still had the freeze issue. Oh well...guess I'll have to buy a new computer with LOTS of ram. ;)

JTH
02-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm not going to call you a Jack-wagon because that wouldn't be nice. It's been well recorded the Auto Tracker has been having problems and this was the best solution available until a better fix can be found. If you knew how many countless hours Tom has spent on this perhaps you would be a little kinder in your "yank off the scab" approach.

LoDown
02-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I agree with the OP. But I also didnt see the "SHOW ALL" with the warning at the bottom. That works fine. I might even cut back the initial showing to 50 or so now, just for speedier load times if you want to glance at the leaders.

nnuut
02-02-2011, 07:49 PM
The more RAM the better!:D

nnuut
02-02-2011, 07:51 PM
See #76. I use Windows Visa. Smooth flow to the end of list.
What's your interest rate with that VISA?:laugh::laugh:

amoeba
02-02-2011, 08:44 PM

And - because you can't sort the whole list, you can't tell the overall member shift in proportion to G or CSI, for example. The lack of ability to sort the whole list eliminates the use of that function. Please fix.

Thx.

grandma
02-02-2011, 09:03 PM
are you guys paying attention?
http://www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all_full.php

EWIE has initiated two threads, both the same thing, one says Bad idea, the other Bad Decision - so please check them out. My opinion on why he/she did that is not for this thread...
And please go to the rules, etc, forum on the tracker and READ it, for crying out loud!!!

It is like you've been asleep at the wheel and and when waking up assume the rest of the Board stopped cuz you were spaced out somewhere else - you apparently have no idea what's been going on with this for days !!!

cheers - :rolleyes:

...and, amoeba,I am surprised, you too?!?

Birchtree
02-02-2011, 09:09 PM
And here I thought amoeba was evanescent but he's holding at #582 - good for him.

Handballer
02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
What's your interest rate with that VISA?:laugh::laugh:

8.5%. I use Windows Vista now.

nasa1974
02-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Tom,

I just tried the link at the bottom of the first tracker page from my work computer and it took me right to the full page, no problem.

Actually I do not have a problem seeing the first 100 on the tracker and then having to enter 101 or 201 or 301 or whatever to see the next 100. The tracker is for fun. I can imagine it is a nightmare to maintain.

I would hate to see it disappear but if it becomes too much of a challenge so be it. I bet Tom would be more than happy to turn this over to one of these so called software experts. That's my 2 cents worth.

Thanks for all your work Tom.

eccougar
02-03-2011, 08:11 AM
With Chrome it works just fine.

SteveTSP
02-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Full list link at bottom of AT page worked great this morning. IE7 with 3 GB of RAM is my configuration.

Tom, thanks again for coming up with an option and a solution. Hopefully, we can all take a deep breath and think before we reply too quickly when changes are being implemented (including me too!).
Steve

KevinD
02-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm sure the problem is on my end and I want to add my thanks for a great site. 10561

tsptalk
02-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks everyone. I will play with a "next" and "previous" button as well. Seems some are interested in seeing that. I do like the "enter starting record" as an option so you can jump to any position on the tracker, but I get the interest in scrolling from page to page.

...And if the full list is working for you.... I'm jealous. :)

tsptalk
02-06-2011, 09:55 PM
OK, thanks to crws I think I fixed the full page loading problem. He pointed me to some possible solutions that I never would have figured out on my own.

The full pages are working again, at least for me, and I will make it the default again.

If anyone has any problem with the full page lists, please let me know.

Thanks crws!!

Bquat
02-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Full page works for me. I just have to scroll and scroll for my name.:D
IE8

ArchAngel
02-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Works for Firefox too, thanks!

poolman
02-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I just tried it and got this.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /usr/www/virtual/gambler726/www.tsptalk.com/tracker/tsp_user_balance_all.php on line 813

tsptalk
02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Should be OK now. I was playing with it at the time. :)

Intrepid_Timer
02-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Works with Chrome...............

Lostdawg
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM
and Safari

poolman
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Should be OK now. I was playing with it at the time. :)

Works great for me now Tom.

Thanks!:)

JTH
02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Smoking fast!

KevinD
02-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Works here too. :)

crws
02-07-2011, 11:30 AM
OK, thanks to crws I think I fixed the full page loading problem. He pointed me to some possible solutions that I never would have figured out on my own.

The full pages are working again, at least for me, and I will make it the default again.

If anyone has any problem with the full page lists, please let me know.

Thanks crws!!

You da Man! :D