PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami disaster

frankie811
12-29-2004, 10:52 AM
You people are unbelievable!!!!!!! Over 76,000 people are dead and all you can think of is how this will effect oil prices and your TSP. You all make me sick.

teknobucks
12-29-2004, 11:52 AM
it is only reasonable to disscuss how a major world event such as this would impact ones retirement savings.

jmho

tekno

****no one here is happysuch tragic loss of life has occured.

Spaf
12-29-2004, 01:08 PM
frankie811 wrote:
You people are unbelievable!!!!!!! Over 76,000 people are dead and all you can think of is how this will effect oil prices and your TSP. You all make me sick.
Some of us government folks, military, and ex-military have many hours in support of disaster relief operations.

We don't spend all our time thinking of the Thrift Savings Pittance.

Rgds :? Spaf

12-29-2004, 01:28 PM
frankie811 wrote:
You people are unbelievable!!!!!!! Over 76,000 people are dead and all you can think of is how this will effect oil prices and your TSP. You all make me sick. frankie811,
You are too harsh on your peers. I read the news and watch the TV reports, maybe shed some tears, feel a sinking in my heart as I bet others may feel and do the same, maybemore soon both counts. But that doesn't stop me from coming back to the forum to learn how best to manage my TSP account and still even be capable of making an occasional joke.
Another perspective: Does your boss let you stay home and feel bad because of this tragedy? Why? - need to run the business/money. This isour business for ourselves and for our families.

Sincerely and Respectfully, W_W

Show-me
12-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Spaf wrote:
frankie811 wrote:
Some of us government folks, military, and ex-military have many hours in support of disaster relief operations.

We don't spend all our time thinking of the Thrift Savings Pittance.

Rgds :? Spaf
Spent 2 weeks off shore Bangladesh after they were hit with a tidal wave in ’91. Life goes on without the ones that are lost. US is sending, at my last check, $35 million, military, and civilian support. All of that is possible because will we can grieve for the lost while we also have a obligation to ourselves and families financially.

cowboy
12-29-2004, 03:05 PM
frankie811 wrote:

I'm sure everyone on this board has thought about this major disaster and our hearts have went out to thosepeople. If you lost someone dear to you Frankieour prayers are with them.

12-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Frankie811, we are not awful. However, your reaction to this disaster is natural and understandable.

Let me offer this... We must not let even natural evil paralyze us. It would be of no value to ignore our own situation because of tragedy elsewhere. Terrible things happen, we must continue on. Otherwise, we would be overwhelmed with all that happens daily in this world.

Our prayers go out in support of those affected as a result of this disaster, as well as those who will personally respond, and those who send them.

Peace,

frankie811
12-30-2004, 05:44 AM
I must apoligize if I offended anyone here, but this was my immediate reaction to what I was reading on this board. And I was quite surprised by everyone's response to my message. I thought you would all hit me with everything you had, insults and all. I guess many here have more class than that. That pleases me. But this tragedy must make all Americans realize how fortunate thay are. Don't take all you have for granted.

12-30-2004, 06:27 AM
frankie811 wrote:
I must apoligize if I offended anyone here,
frankie811, I can only speak for myself, but I don't think there were too many who were deeply offended. Your comments were fairly mild compared to some of the discourse that has been posted over the last few months, and it was sincere and heartfelt to boot:). You also correctly stated "this tragedy must make all Americans realize how fortunate thay are. Don't take all you have for granted. " In this I am sure we all agree. Peace and a prosperous New Year!

jeeperspeepers
12-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Frankie811, as everyone else here will attest to, we all feel the grief associated with this tragedy. The numbers keep growing and we can only pray for the lost, and that others will be found alive. During a tragedy like this I think Americans do have compassion, and heartfelt sympathy. There is little that each of us can do other than pray. I know I will personally be making a generous donation to the relief effort. I am very appreciative of my many blessings, and the least I can do is share. If I could personally go there and be of any help, I would volunteer. In fact, I was a volunteer after 911 working 14 hours a day 14 days straight for that cleanup, and would glady do the same here if I could.

We all feel the same pain you are feeling.

Rod
12-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Chaplain wrote:
Frankie811, we are not awful. However, your reaction to this disaster is natural and understandable.

Let me offer this... We must not let even natural evil paralyze us. It would be of no value to ignore our own situation because of tragedy elsewhere. Terrible things happen, we must continue on. Otherwise, we would be overwhelmed with all that happens daily in this world.

Our prayers go out in support of those affected as a result of this disaster, as well as those who will personally respond, and those who send them.

Peace,

Amen.

God Bless you, Frankie.

coolhand
12-30-2004, 06:36 PM
For those that are interested...

http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html

pyriel
12-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Frankie811

My wife has a friend who is supposed to be vacationing in Thailand. Until now, she has not heard from him. We are worried sick about him and for those who were devastated by this calamity. The Air Force here on Guam had sent many airmen to Thailand within the last five days.We had threenavy ship that were supposed to be recuperating here on Guam for a little R&R for a week but werecut short afterbeing here for onlytwo days. As for me, I am in the process of mobilizing a water purification unit to support this humanitarian effort. By the way, I live on Guam. So as you can see, everyone in this site are worried and emphatic about the people who were devastated by the tsunami but we all have to do what we need to do. TSP is part of my retirement plan. If it goes down, I can't blame anyone but me. I have a family to take care of and kids to look after. As i've said many times, there are many great people in this site and I will continue to give advice and help others as long as I am able. I'm sure others will do the same... Good luck to you...