PDA

View Full Version : Early release

PessOptimist
12-21-2010, 09:12 PM
We got the word early this year. All day weenies get 3 hours off on Dec 23 and 30.

"This year the Christmas holiday is recognized on Friday,
December 24, and the New Year's holiday is recognized on
Friday, December 31. In addition, Secretary <guess> has
authorized an early release of 3 hours for all <guess>
employees scheduled to work on Dec. 23 and 30. Employees
who are working on those days may leave 3 hours before
their normal departure time without charge to annual leave.

Employees designated as essential personnel may be required
to remain on duty. Employees who have reported for work or
are teleworking should be placed on excused
absence/administrative leave for this period, while
employees who are on scheduled leave or on a flex day will
remain on leave. There is no in-lieu of administrative
leave for early release."

Once again, as per normal procedure, no mention of the shift dogs or the mandatory AWS dogs. There is a mention of "flex days" but that does not apply. No flex allowed for dogs.

Are all dogs working an AWS "essential"? Nope, got to take off early Nov 24. I am so grateful. Oh wait, I usually get the day before T-day off since they haven't moved it to Monday yet.

Is this an EEOT issue? Just thinking out loud.

All you day weenies getting this admin leave enjoy. Don't feel guilty at all just because the .gov seems to be in financial trouble and you are officially getting paid to do nothing.

Comments invited and expected.

PO

JimmyJoe
12-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Release the hounds!!

James48843
12-22-2010, 05:16 AM
No such word at my agency.

"Release the Kraken!"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LQGoAS4lVfE/S6o-6zaATfI/AAAAAAAAAU0/r7pT6LlcMs8/s1600/kraken.jpg

FAB1
12-22-2010, 06:50 AM
No word here either yet but I'll take the 3 hour deal.

Release Cheetahs Mummy!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090131072755/godzilla/images/5/55/Am.jpg

FAB1
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
2 hours (as usual) from the Department of _____. you guess.

I remember when the Division Chief here used to add 59 minutes
to sweeten the deal to 3 hours. But shes gone now and we got
a...well you know for a replacement.

James48843
12-23-2010, 10:02 AM
No word. Looks like it's going to be a full day today at my agency- at least in the field offices.

Frixxxx
12-23-2010, 10:18 AM
3 hours?

WTF?

59 minutes IF WE'RE LUCKY!!!!:blink:

WorkFE
12-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I always seem to get the notices half way through my last hour of the day.

mayday
12-23-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm off early everyday.:D

jimijr
12-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Two hours here at Commerce. Since I am 'emergency' I get squat. But of course, there ARE ways...

PessOptimist
12-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Started a post earlier but lost it when my wireless connection went down.

It was about one of the AAs sending an e-mail to the wrong group yesterday and getting the AWS pay group (WB if you are wondering) all excited about time off. I got a verbal message from my acting boss' acting boss about an hour in to the day that I could leave at 1PM. Hmmm. Someone added an extra 1/2 hour in there somewhere. Soon there was word that we were to work a full day, again verbal, blaming it all on the managers. Rumor is the e-mail from the managers to the acting leaders of the WB mob used terms like LWOP and other veiled threats. You could not make this stuff up.

The managers did get three hours off today. I know, I was there. Thats how I lost the earlier post. I hit the preview button at the same time I answered my cell phone. That knocked the wireless connection out as it often does.

The phone call was my acting boss asking if I would go to work to check on a circuit outage. Woohoo! Holiday pay plus a callout. Plus I was reminded today I am the acting boss' underling acting boss for this week and next so I get acting boss pay today. Life is good!

Merry Christmas everybody.

jimijr
12-24-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm back, on overtime, which makes it twelve shifts in a row. No two hours for me. By the 31st -- my last day -- I will have had but two days off since Dec 14th. My last paycheck Jan 10th is going to be a doozy: two holidays worked, 8OT, a Sunday and seven night shifts. Cool.

crws
12-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Started a post earlier but lost it when my wireless connection went down.

It was about one of the AAs sending an e-mail to the wrong group yesterday and getting the AWS pay group (WB if you are wondering) all excited about time off. I got a verbal message from my acting boss' acting boss about an hour in to the day that I could leave at 1PM. Hmmm. Someone added an extra 1/2 hour in there somewhere. Soon there was word that we were to work a full day, again verbal, blaming it all on the managers. Rumor is the e-mail from the managers to the acting leaders of the WB mob used terms like LWOP and other veiled threats. You could not make this stuff up.

The managers did get three hours off today. I know, I was there. Thats how I lost the earlier post. I hit the preview button at the same time I answered my cell phone. That knocked the wireless connection out as it often does.

The phone call was my acting boss asking if I would go to work to check on a circuit outage. Woohoo! Holiday pay plus a callout. Plus I was reminded today I am the acting boss' underling acting boss for this week and next so I get acting boss pay today. Life is good!

Merry Christmas everybody.

dang gubmint workers rippin off the private sector! :laugh:

crws
12-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm back, on overtime, which makes it twelve shifts in a row. No two hours for me. By the 31st -- my last day -- I will have had but two days off since Dec 14th. My last paycheck Jan 10th is going to be a doozy: two holidays worked, 8OT, a Sunday and seven night shifts. Cool.

Cha Ching!
At the USPS, they sliced and diced the holiday crew down to 2 people for 2 shifts of operations. :(
But it is nice to have back-to-back 3 day weekends! :)

Handballer
12-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm off early everyday.:D

Hey, me too! :D:D

jimijr
12-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Another co-worker has been felled, 4 more OT for me tonight mid-4 AM! Two holidays, twelve hours OT (=2 days straight pay) plus some nights and a Sunday for a total of 150% of normal, coming Jan 10th. They said something about an award at the last staff meeting. Man! I can only go as high as a GS15 step 10 in any one pay period.

FAB1
12-27-2010, 05:00 PM
I doubt we will get anything on Dec 30th, never have yet.

jimijr
12-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Tonight someone else is doing the filling in, co-worker now has strep throat it is determined. I gotta allow the others to grab a few hours of the easy-OT, nothing on radar. We looked it up last night, I still have enough headroom to work another whole OT shift without hitting the per-pay-period pay cap, and there are still three more days (well, nights). Give me the hours, time off is irrelevant at this stage, I have a long weekend coming up!

Frixxxx
12-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Tonight someone else is doing the filling in, co-worker now has strep throat it is determined. I gotta allow the others to grab a few hours of the easy-OT, nothing on radar. We looked it up last night, I still have enough headroom to work another whole OT shift without hitting the per-pay-period pay cap, and there are still three more days (well, nights). Give me the hours, time off is irrelevant at this stage, I have a long weekend coming up!
This Pay period is jacked......but, I work 10 hour days which usually means 20 OT hours every pay period.
Since it has two holidays I lose out on 4 hours OT......
but 16 hours OT for zero work....ok by me! Oh, and I got on-call pay for the next two weeks!:cool:

crws
12-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh, and I got on-call pay for the next two weeks!:cool:

How's that figure?
Are you EAS or Salary?

jimijr
01-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Well it was a glorious paycheck, about a month's gross when you throw in the cash award totally unexpected departing gift.

So now everything is in proper order, I get my $$ for nothing.