PDA

View Full Version : TSA and TSP

Afishegg
09-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Has anyone thought of the HUGE burden the TSA has added to the governments responsibilty to the TSP fund? The TSA has approx 40k employees, and remember folks these were people brought in off the street and given a government uniform and a TSP account. lets do some number crunching and see what we come up with.

40k x (average worker makes 45k a year. So 5% = 50$ a paycheck government accountability) so 40k x $50 x 26 (pay periods) = 52 million a year. Ok now start figuring the bonuses,FERS,the overtime,management expenses, then figure in retirement and etc etc for these people. Me thinks it is time to go back to private security.......Using current operating procedures.....

James48843
09-21-2010, 11:59 PM
.... Me thinks it is time to go back to private security.......Using current operating procedures.....

Ah...no. Let's NOT go back to private "Burns" security for our aviation industry.

I will happily support a professional work force of TSA employees over private contractors any day, thank you very much.

KevinD
09-22-2010, 06:06 AM
What makes you think private ain't professional?

Show-me
09-22-2010, 06:10 AM
Scores of illegal contract workers.

alevin
09-22-2010, 08:58 AM
The profit motive-what would they do different than civil service, to make a profit? undertrain their employees? who watches the watchers. think Blackwater in Iraq. no thank you. this discussion is verging on political-maybe should move to Beltway.