PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tinker AFB, OK

08-22-2010, 02:06 PM
First of all I would like to thank everyone who regularly participants in the MB, blogs, and commentary..........your postings has been very helpful to me in learning about the market and about my tsp account!!! I found this website a few months ago and I'm on it everyday.

My goal for the next 29 years is to put 15% in my tsp account and to beat L2040. I have been in L2040 for the past few years and I'm disappointed in its performance. For a beginner, my strategy is to evaluate the top performers on the Auto Tracker and analyze the inputs given on the MB.

My short time being on this site I have realized to be caution in my IFT decision making because the IFT on the Auto Tracker are not always accurate or individuals forget to update their IFTs.

I had a few questions for anyone who might want to reply:

1) Does anyone purchase the Premium Services and do you think it is worth the money?

2) The information (youtube videos & other links) provided on the MB has been very helpful to me. Does anyone recommend an other websites to continually follow for good market information.

3) Right now I'm having fun keeping up with my tsp account and if I learn more about the markets, I will start investing in individual stocks. Does anyone recommend a website for trading individual stocks (Scottrade....ect)?

Thanks again and I appreciate any input.

JTH
08-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the forum, good to have you here.

tsptalk
08-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Welcome 2030!

1) yes. :)

2) You might get 1000 answers from 1000 different people on this one. My favorites are still decisionpoint.com, and sentimentrader.com. (if anyone suggests a competitor here, I will delete it. No free advertising for competitor sites ;) )

3) I am really happy with Scottrade

nnuut
08-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the Message Board 2030, looks like you have a good plan there, the best part is investing 15% for all of those years, handle it well and you will be set at Retirement TIME!

Question
#1. There are many subscribers to the Premium Services Tom (Admin) has the numbers, but they are buying so something must be good.
#2. Sometimes the Video Technical Analysis guys are spot on, sometimes not, but a real help to me when I am undecided.
#3. I don't invest in stocks, just TSP.
Best of luck:D
Norman

Buster
08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome..(fellow Okie)

As you may have already picked up on here, there is a wealth of info and some pretty savvy people here..Good luck with your career..

I'm over in the Moore area (retired FAA)

Yeti206
08-23-2010, 04:01 PM
#3 very happy with scottrade. Used to use sharebuilder, wasn't happy with the fees and the resources are inferior to scottrade.

Welcome!

sdouglas3
08-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Another Tinker guy here. There are a bunch of us from Tinker that participate in this forum or talk about TSP around the water cooler.

Steve

08-24-2010, 09:30 PM
All,

Thanks for the feedback! Steve, I tried looking for that water cooler today and it looks like that water cooler is in another building. I'm currently pushing paper in bldg 3001.

-Jason Perry