PDA

View Full Version : Commerce Returning Money to Govt - Census under Budget

Silverbird
08-10-2010, 08:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/10/census.under.budget/
[You can always return money, but you will never get more than you budgetted. Expect Commerce's share of the Fed Govt cost to go way down until the next Census.]

alevin
08-10-2010, 09:19 AM
lucky me, I got Round 2 of the Census in the mail recently. How intrusive can you get? Well, if society survives, the family genealogists 50-100 years from now will be able to find out more about me than most people know now, I guess that would be a bright spot.

Silverbird
08-10-2010, 09:37 AM
oh no, you got the long form?

alevin
08-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I got to fill out TWO separate forms! First round the short form when everyone else got one. Then while I was gone on vacation at end of July, I got the "Community" form!!!!! Jeeeeeezzzz! They said only take 30-odd minutes. guess again. Name, rank, SSN, address, dob, I had to look up energy bill records from midyear last year to mid year this year, property taxes, dividends/interest-midyear last to midyear this, water bill records midyear to midyear, salary midyear to midyear, etc. etc. etc. Was a major pain in the patoot and I got pretty aggravated at the invasiveness!!!