PDA

View Full Version : Salary Database- 2009

James48843
08-09-2010, 05:53 PM
The federal employee salary database for 2009 is now out:

Here is the link:
http://php.app.com/fed_employees10/search.php

Not all agencies are there, but many of them are.

Enjoy.

It can be fun to print out the folks in your office, post it by the coffee pot, and enjoy the fireworks as some people learn who go the award last year, and how much other folks make. It's always a great discussion to listen to, especially when you post up the five or six people above you. :D

Silverbird
08-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Hiring freezes have definately made our office's average salary much higher. Only one or two of our Retirees' positions have been filled over the last 10 years.

The Gen Y's (the few we have) are going to freak out if they see this, over the pay differential. The ones that rank me in grade make less than I do, because I'm an old-time. They will probably drink all the coffee if I put it anywhere near the coffee pot.

Anyone coming into Govt service, at least where I work, is going to be disappointed if they expect to get paid anywhere close to the "average".

nnuut
08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
DOD is never in that database.

PessOptimist
08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
James, thanks for posting this each last several years.

I usually do an accuaracy check using myself and people I work with (our rate is set by a bargaining unit, we all know what we all make) then look at the GS/ES people in the agency. It amuses me sometimes to look at who IMHO doesn't get paid nearly enough for what they do vs who (again IMHO) is grossly overpaid for the contributions they make.

I used to look up building maintenance, custodial staff and admin assistants but they are all contractors now.

BTW, that is a big reason the federal employee's salary average is so high. All the lower paid workers have been canned so to speak. Most of them that I know are still happy to have their job but would rather be a fed, even if a WG-1 thru 4 or something similar.