PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 percent raise

fabijo
08-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Instead of the freeze, looks like a raise could be coming.

Bill with 1.4 percent federal pay raise clears Senate committee

An appropriations bill including a 1.4 percent raise for civilian federal employees cleared the Senate Appropriations Committee on Thursday.

The Fiscal 2011 Financial Services and General Government spending bill includes a 1.4 percent increase for federal employees, the figure President Obama requested.

http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=45801&dcn=specialreports_budgetfy10

crws
08-02-2010, 12:31 PM
....and the talking heads go CRAZY!!! :nuts::nuts::nuts:

Steadygain
08-02-2010, 12:51 PM
a 1.4 percent increase for federal employees, the figure President Obama requested.

That's absolutely amazing and I am so grateful for having the honor and priviledge of being a Federal Employee.

It may be a previous President has requested a certain amount but as I remember it ~~ in previous years it's pretty much been a 'default' and the President simply signs whatever he ends up having to deal with.

I would have been 'Thrilled' with a 1% increase - in light of all our country has gone through lately.

For a President to ask for a 1.4% increase shows how deeply he does try to honor the people that work for him and for the country at large. To me it means a whole lot more when I'm getting a good increase NOT because it's an automatic event -- but because the President specifically took note and requested something that truly shows 'he cares'.

THANK YOU!! Mr. President :)

Intrepid_Timer
08-02-2010, 03:05 PM
OMG...................I"ve heard it all now........................:rolleyes:

nnuut
08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
BO is such a sweetheart, that Govt Retirees and Social Security get ZERO $0 again! Of course we can afford it. 9804

James48843
08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Note concerning the 1.4%:

The amount of the President's recommendation isn't simply what the President wishes to give. The amount (this year, 1.4%) is the result of calculations set in federal law, and is determined MORE THAN A YEAR IN ADVANCE of the date it is requested to take effect.

See the "President's Pay Agent" at:
http://www.opm.gov/oca/payagent/

The 1.4% figure was recommended by the President's Pay Agent on December 9, 2009, based on pay data collected through the end of 2008.

That's right- the amount of the January 2011 pay raise, is based on how the civilian labor market was doing in the year 2008.

Don't expect a big raise next year- as the 2012 raise will be based on how private salaries did in 2009.

Handballer
08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
a 1.4 percent increase for federal employees, the figure President Obama requested.

That's absolutely amazing and I am so grateful for having the honor and priviledge of being a Federal Employee.

It may be a previous President has requested a certain amount but as I remember it ~~ in previous years it's pretty much been a 'default' and the President simply signs whatever he ends up having to deal with.

I would have been 'Thrilled' with a 1% increase - in light of all our country has gone through lately.

For a President to ask for a 1.4% increase shows how deeply he does try to honor the people that work for him and for the country at large. To me it means a whole lot more when I'm getting a good increase NOT because it's an automatic event -- but because the President specifically took note and requested something that truly shows 'he cares'.

THANK YOU!! Mr. President :)

Fiddlesticks!

terri77
08-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I will be sincerely grateful for whatever raise, if any, I get.

Boghie
08-02-2010, 08:59 PM
I sure hope we don't see big time inflation or stagflation.

We will be the ones Left Behind:laugh:

The amount of the President's recommendation isn't simply what the President wishes to give. The amount (this year, 1.4%) is the result of calculations set in federal law, and is determined MORE THAN A YEAR IN ADVANCE of the date it is requested to take effect.

See the "President's Pay Agent" at:
http://www.opm.gov/oca/payagent/

The 1.4% figure was recommended by the President's Pay Agent on December 9, 2009, based on pay data collected through the end of 2008.

That's right- the amount of the January 2011 pay raise, is based on how the civilian labor market was doing in the year 2008.

Don't expect a big raise next year- as the 2012 raise will be based on how private salaries did in 2009.

James48843
08-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I sure hope we don't see big time inflation or stagflation.

We will be the ones Left Behind:laugh:

Inflation is good for the calculation in the future, IF the inflation is with the COST OF LABOR. (not cost of goods).

DEFLATION is not good either.

A nice, slow, easy inflation is probably the best case.

Steadygain
08-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Thanks James, that makes a lot more since and sounds 1,000% more believable.

Cause the way it read -- I'm like totally floored.

I mean since when is any President going to give 2 beans.

You're a good guy Jim - you really are.

I will be sincerely grateful for whatever raise, if any, I get.

Oooooooh Terri -- gosh it seems like I've waited a lifetime to finally have the opportunity to turn your little 'gray' box into something more beautiful...

...like the Vibrant Green you have now.

I can tell that basically everyone (guys and girls alike) are glad you're here.

NO! I won't go on and on every time you make a post -- but once in a great while --- like a really rare solar eclipse ---

someone will say something and I'm like WOW!! .. who is this bright spot filling the MB with radiance and wonder. ;)