PDA

View Full Version : SD, CA stationed in Ft Meade, MD

Yeti206
07-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Salutations and hello all from beautiful Ft Meade, MD (not really the base, but the area ;))!

Came to TSP talk to start doing something with my money (that's been sitting in the G Fund for two years, because I never realized I had contributed 5 times what I thought I had).

Currently 21 and in the Air Force, which I aint really too enthused about, but I can really hand it to them that they stress education a lot and "take care of your money!"

Started getting into investing when I was 19 with a few hundred dollars, just to learn. After 2 years, I'll be honest and say I'm 20% and a couple thousand dollars down, lol, but what I've learned is priceless. Been making modest gains since New Years and hopefully will be starting to see steady gains for the future.

Looking forward to chattin and learning a lot from you all!

JTH
07-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Welcome!!!

Sounds like you're off to a great start. I could only imagine where I'd be now had I started when you did. Good to have you here... Jason

nasa1974
07-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Welcome aboard. This is the place to learn. Air Force 70-74.

nnuut
07-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Welcome Yeti206, YES a great start keep it building and retirement will be a much better experience for you.
Best of luck:)
Norman

tsptalk
08-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Welcome Yeti206! Thanks for your service!